zchernicky
mb852

Metropcs is for drug dealers

zchernicky

Pro

Metro PCS is ultimately for drug dealers.
-Metro PCS is a cellphone company.
-Drug Dealers are dealers of drugs.

I will let my opponent start of this debate.
mb852

Con

First, I will agree that Metro PCS is a cellphone company.

Second, I would like to revise my opponents definition of a drug dealer from "dealers of drugs" to "people who sell illegal drugs to other people".

Now, the topic states that "Metro PCS is for drug dealers", I take that to mean that Metro PCS, the company, was created to target drug dealers as their main market. However, after examining the company's website, I see no evidence of this. Instead, I see that they make it quite clear who they are targeting....low income people, not drug dealers walking around with thousands in their pocket from one day's "work".

With the above said, Metro PCS is NOT FOR drug dealers.

Also, Metro PCS says it has 6 million customers.....are they all drug dealers?

http://www.metropcs.com...
zchernicky

Pro

I will accept my opponents definition of a drug dealer.

What I ment by Metro PCS is for drug dealers was that the majority or a significant amount of customers are drug dealers.
To sign up for Metro PCS you do not need I.D. or any credit to purchase a phone and service plan, all you need is cash to pay for the plan and/or phone. This just makes it more enticing for the drug dealer. While there is no actual proof of what amount of drug dealers use Metro PCS. Why doesn't Metro PCS require a photo id? Why dont they require you to have any form of credit?.
mb852

Con

The reason that Metro PCS doesn't require credit is that they don't use contracts like most other cell phone companies. The lack of contracts ties in with their thing, their gig, their statement (taken from their website), "Talk All You Want Unlimited local and long distance calling. No signed contracts." Part of being unlimited is having the freedom to change phone company's when you'd like and not be tied and held hostage by a contract. I'd like to point out that other phone companies, such as AT&T, also do not require credit if you decide not to go with a contract and to buy your phone out-right instead of opting for one that is contractually subsidized by the company. That's the key...the phone is subsidized, so the company wants to check credit and make sure they are going to get their return on investment and your not going to disappear. If they don't subsidize it, they don't have to worry about that, you don't have to sign a contract, and they don't care about credit.

As for the tidbit about the photo I.D., I'm not sure why this makes a difference, drug dealers have photo I.D.'s....and I'm not sure that Metro PCS doesn't ask for one, my opponent provided no proof for this.

My opponent stated in his last post that "the majority or a significant amount of customers are drug dealers", but he offered no proof of this. I doubt he has seen Metro's customer records.

Thus, vote PRO.
zchernicky

Pro

-As for the part where Metro PCS does not require a photo I.D. My proof is personal experience of purchasing a Metro PCS plan. I truly apologize i didn't video tape this event. If you really want to see for yourself go to your local Metro store and ask if it is required to have a photo I.D. to purchase a plan.
-As for the part of my opponent stating no proof. i admit i have no proof but you don't have proof of what amount are drug dealers are subscribed to Metro PCS so there are no factual based conclusions able to be made.
-As for the part of buying the phone out right. What i meant by needing credit was that AT&T, Sprint, Verizon which are the top three cellular providers require you to have established credit to buy a phone and plan from them.
-Metro PCS' whole gig is highly enticing to a drug dealer. My reasons for that have already been stated.
I STRONGLY urge you to vote in the affirmation.
mb852

Con

Whether Metro PCS requires a photo ID or not is irrelevant. I don't think that AT&T does either....I don't remember being asked for it. BUt, as I stated before, drug dealers HAVE photo ID's, so what's the point my opponent is trying to make? The drug dealer doesn't care if he has to show a photo ID, he has to give all his other information to signup, pay the bill, and use the phone. Metro PCS, or any other phone company, doesn't run a background check on their customers.

Unfortunately for my opponent, my argument has yet to require concrete proof, I don't have the burden of proving the resolution. As the PRO, my opponent has the burden of PROVING the resolution, if he can not, CON, wins....that's me. Just FYI, I did post the Metro PCS website as evidence for some things that I referenced.

My opponent stated that "AT&T, Sprint, Verizon which are the top three cellular providers require you to have established credit to buy a phone and plan from them", however, as I stated in the last round, this is ONLY true if you choose to sign a contract and opt for the subsidized phone.

My opponent stated "Metro PCS' whole gig is highly enticing to a drug dealer"....again, they offer nothing more that entices a drug dealer than any other phone company. The drug dealer can choose not to take the cell phone contract at another company if he has no credit. Even if my opponents statement was true, however, this would not be evidence in support of the resolution. It states "Metropcs is for drug dealers", this would mean that Metro PCS was created for and currently markets towards drug dealers....my opponent has provided no proof for this....I, have offered proof that supports just the opposite, as I said before, on their website they clearly market low income people, not drug dealers walking around with thousands of dollars in their pocket from one day's "work".

http://www.metropcs.com...

My opponent has not met his burden of PROVING that Metro PCS was created for and markets towards drug dealers. He has not proven that the majority of Metro's 6 million customers are drug dealers.

Vote Con.
Posted by Loserboi 3 years ago
Loserboi
LOL! hahahha
Posted by Koopin 4 years ago
Koopin
..........
hmm
Posted by mb852 4 years ago
mb852
I forgot the apostrophe in "opponent's" in my first round.
Vote Placed by Blank 3 years ago
zchernickymb852Tied
Vote Placed by sllewuy 3 years ago
sllewuy
zchernickymb852Tied
Vote Placed by Nails 4 years ago
Nails
zchernickymb852Tied
Vote Placed by zchernicky 4 years ago
zchernicky
zchernickymb852Tied
Vote Placed by gquince 4 years ago
gquince
zchernickymb852Tied
Vote Placed by Koopin 4 years ago
Koopin
zchernickymb852Tied