emospongebob527
Marauder

Metrosexuality Is An Acceptable Lifestyle

Marauder

emospongebob527

Pro

Today's debate is about whether or not metrosexuality is an acceptable lifestyle.

1. Acceptance
2. Main Definitions/Presentation of Main Argument
3 & 4. Rebuttals
5. Resolution/Closing Argument

Hint: Definitions can be used in other rounds besides R1

Rules-
No semantics
No trolling
No profanity
No vulgarity

Violating any of the rules results in immediate termination of the debate.

The offending party will be the loser.
Marauder

Con

Well Pro now is the time you can say "thank you marauder for taking this debate" because trust me, no one on planet earth was ever going to. This is not an issue where there are sides existing agianst it, and its not related to what you call "homophobia". No intellegent debater was going to be dumb enough to take this debate. a troll taking the debate was the most realistic thing you could have expected.

Now you might be thinking "wait did Con just call himself dumb...and a troll?"

Oh no, I'm not trolling I plan to take this debate seriously and I'm not dumb. See unlike other intellegent debaters on this site like myself, I am also WITTY and CREATIVE and see ridiculose ideas for debate resolutions as an optimum oportunity to practice and express that creative gland.

But as per you rules I just use this first round to accapt the debate, tell you my good diabolic intentions, and to just let you know that now.....

ITS ON LIKE DONKEY KONG

I await my opponents opening round
emospongebob527

Pro

emospongebob527 forfeited this round.
Marauder

Con

Though my opponent has forfieted thats no reason for me not to express my creative freedom. my argument I came up with to give a actual legit reason to take an opposing side to "metrosexuality is an acceptable lifestlye" focused on a different take on what is considered "acceptable" than might have been expected. My opponent was probably wanting a take on that term that involved calling it sinfull or something judgeing by his comments in the comment section. but I will not. at least as a focus, cause I guess vanity is a sin isnt it?

making a case from christianity if I were to do such a thing I guess yeah it is not an accaptable thing to claim as your lifestyle. to take as part of how you identify yourself as a person as someone who is proud to be completely vain, is a little akin to homosexuality, though it is a completely deferent sin.

But my case I shall make does not require you have faith in any religion at all to get on bord with and agree with me.

metrosexuality is defined as follows:a usually urban heterosexual male given to enhancing his personal appearance by fastidious grooming, beauty treatments, and fashionable clothes
http://www.merriam-webster.com...

at its heart such a person who puts so much into there apperence is suffering from a need I think we can all relate to at some point in our lives, being overly concernced about what other people think about us.

but this is not good agreed? check out this sources for more
http://www.ehow.com...
http://blog.prestonbailey.com...

but a person who claims vainity not only as something there guilty of on occasions, but as their very lifestyle has had to come to a degree of accaptance of it. to accapt that this vanity is simply who they are and will always be, and that they can never just quit being concerned about what other people are going to think of them. so to better be content with there existance they decide that metrosexuality is good enough for themselves.

that is the 'accaptable' of the resolution that I am taking on that this should not be. this life should not be 'accapted' and settled for. we need to take on a healthy attitude of saying "thats not good enough" rather than "thats accaptable" lifestlye for ourselves.
not just accapting things and saying its not good enough, to not settle, but try to achieve greater is healthy for us not only spiritually in our spiritual growth......
http://www.sermonnotebook.org...
....but also in matters of personal fitness....
http://www.endofthreefitness.com...
....and fincancle purchases even
http://www.borrowfromnone.com...

strive for greater and dont accapt your metrosexuality. strive for the life with less stress in it where your not in a manditory bind everymorning to groom yourself to look nice hoping it will make others like you more cause you wont care about what others think about your apperence.

now perhaps my opponent (should he show up for this debate) will make a case that metrosexuals are not grooming themselves for others satisfactions, only their own. should he make that case I ask him, how often does one whow does not live with a mirror floating in front of there face actually get to see there appeance? not often. defenitly not much comparing it to how often your apperence is viewed by all the people you interact with.

logically its a concern for what others think in some shape or form thats the only thing that can fuel a concern for ones own apperence.

with that I rest my case and am prepared to extend my arguments the remaining rounds most likely, but will give rebuttal to arguments from my opponent if they are ever given.

thank you all who bothered to read this
emospongebob527

Pro

emospongebob527 forfeited this round.
Marauder

Con

arguments extend
emospongebob527

Pro

" arguments extend"

Evidence?
Marauder

Con

what point of mine are you contending I did not back up with a source?

see all those blue things on your screen thats what they are go click on them.
emospongebob527

Pro

No I mean give evidence for your claim:

"argument extends"

You have given no evidence for this.
Marauder

Con

your an idiot, that's what a debater is supposed to put when there opponent forfeits a round on them.

That's me saying I extend my arguments into the the next round or "same thing I said last time" waiting for you to quit being a troll and show up to the debate YOU started and actually give a rebuttal to the case I just presented in the earlier round before you forfeited a round.

you want evidence I'm saying the same thing this round because my opponent has failed to give any refutation to it for me to give any further of a case or need to counter rebuttal? That when I gave my argument it was unchallenged by you thus left to stand? copy the web address to this page and paste it into another Tab on your screen. It will lead you to this page were you will see that indeed you did not contest it by forfeiting, so it was left standing, and you will see I indeed chose to just extend those arguments into the next round. this was a declaration of intention. and if you think evidence is needed to prove that I made a declaration in this debate to extend my arguments, you've gone mad

I'd normally thank you for this debate, but you have done nothing that I can thank you for.
Posted by Danielle 4 years ago
Danielle
"I am anti-homosexual but guarantee I am more educated then you."

That's obvious: educated is not synonymous with intelligent. Would you like to debate any topic regarding homosexuality with me? Any one at all?
Posted by 16kadams 4 years ago
16kadams
I'm not cynical at all, you are merely acting ignorant by equating homophobia with lack of education.
Posted by emospongebob527 4 years ago
emospongebob527
Yes you cynical a s shole I know
Posted by 16kadams 4 years ago
16kadams
Well what an arrogant comment. I am anti-homosexual but guarantee I am more educated then you.

Also, no one cares about meterosexuality. Meterosexuality are often straight meaning they get acceptance.
Posted by Marauder 4 years ago
Marauder
you don't even know who would and your starting a debate about if narcotic care for you appearance as if its a controversy?

plus you ask for no trolling yet your debate challenge is the very act of trolling when you say "Ill give definitions in round 2" if your not going to give them round 1 you no right to set any definitions at all because to fail to serve there purpose anywhere other than the opening round ya nimrod.
Posted by emospongebob527 4 years ago
emospongebob527
Meh. I dunno. Uneducated homophobes.
Posted by socialpinko 4 years ago
socialpinko
Who would have a problem with metrosexualism? Jealousy much?
Vote Placed by RyuuKyuzo 4 years ago
RyuuKyuzo
emospongebob527MarauderTied
Reasons for voting decision: multiple FF + no arguments
Vote Placed by Muted 4 years ago
Muted
emospongebob527MarauderTied
Reasons for voting decision: Trolling