Bill_Henly
BrettBoelkens

Mexican Immigrants Should Be Deported

BrettBoelkens has forfeited round #2.

Bill_Henly

Pro

For too long has the United States of America been dealing with Mexicans coming over the boarder. President Trump is right to deport all Mexicans that are coming across the border and not paying taxes and stealing money from America citizens! My opponent will argue that the Mexicans should stay. I will argue that all Mexicans should be deported.
BrettBoelkens

Con

I believe you are arguing for the mass deportation of illegal immigrants from Hispanic nations, though there are many immigrants from other countries. If I am wrong about this, please correct me.
Jobs
Now one might ask, will deporting Mexicans make native-born Americans(who are descended from immigrants anyway) be more likely to have a job? The short answer is probably not. A study published by the National Academies of Science, Medicine, and Engineering found that this is false.Due to guest worker programs and such, 1.6 million entries by legal immigrants and 3.9 million by temporary workers from Mexico have occurred in the last 10 years. Entirely legally. This is primarily for farming jobs that Americans typically won't do. If immigrants are no longer allowed, then farmers will be in quite a pickle and will crash the market. If immigrants are allowed to continue working in the US, and the wall is built, the wall still won't stop them. They can merely stay in the country.

Morals
Is this morally acceptable? E pluribus unum, out of many, one. This was the unofficial motto of the U.S. before it was changed to in "God we trust" in 1956. The US was formed almost entirely by those not indigenous. It is the land of immigrants, and we should at the very least, stay in our roots. Is it moral to turn away those in need, as we once were?

Second off, it is technically it is their land. After the Mexican American War and the Treaty of Guadalupe, we forced Mexico to give us about half their country, now comprising the entirety of thestates of New Mexico, California, Nevada, Utah, and most of Arizona, Wyoming, and Colorado. We did pay them 15 million, but it was major gunpoint diplomacy. Many immigrants are actually descended from here.Later in 1929 under the Hoover administration, we kicked out 1.8 million Mexicans, which up to 60% were citizens of the U.S, thereby violating the 14th amendment And then we brought most of them back in WWII to fill in jobs. Not to stay Trump wishes to violate the Constitution, we've tried this before, it worked horribly.

Christian Values
Continuing on the moral front, one can clearly see that the vast majority of the States is Christian. And as the whole border wall/deportation idea is strongly supported by one the most religious parties, the GOP. My opponent himself is a Republican Baptist. One might wish to ask what Jesus what he would have thought. How about Love your neighbor as yourself (Mt. 12:31)? How about loving others(John 13:34-35)? Admittedly, not all of this country is Christian, not even I am. But one must ask if one is, what would Jesus do? Take the nativity, there was a family in need and a pregnant woman looking for someplace to have a baby, but there was no room in the inn. The story didn't"t praise those that said no. The story praised those who said this may be a little inconvenient, this may be a little awkward, but otherwise found a way to help those in need.

Even in the Old Testament full of mass rape (Numbers 31:18) and genocide (Genesis 6:7, Genesis 19:4-5, Exodus 14:28, etc.), you at least partially have this sentiment. In Leviticus 19:34 we have Jews being commanded to, "Treat foreigners like native-born Israelites, and love them as you love yourself." Similar sentiments are in Deuteronomy10:19 and Exodus 22:21. One might wish to ask how this is displaying Christian love?

http://www.newsweek.com...
http://www.pewhispanic.org...
Bill_Henly

Pro

I disagree. Mexicans are making hardworking white Americans lose jobs and they don't pay taxes like normal white people. They should be deported back to Mexico or even worse Africa. Even though Jesus thinks Mexicans are good, they are really bad. It is in Christian faith a test of our faith to see if we can stand up for ourselves. Perhaps even when the last Mexican is deported, Jesus will come back and perform the rapture and ascend all faithful Christians to heaven.

Just because the Mexicans had the land first doesn't mean they need it. They are lucky we didn't deport them all when we took it the first time. I say we better just take the rest of Mexico and then maybe those Mexicans can finally pay taxes and live a good job and life under a real government.
Posted by stonapanda1 4 months ago
stonapanda1
cant wait for the debate
Posted by Masterful 5 months ago
Masterful
I agree with Bill, Mexicans who come into the US illegally are committing a crime and there should obviously be repercussions for aliens.

The key word is 'ILLEGAL' MOTHERF*CKERS.
Posted by yesmaybe 5 months ago
yesmaybe
Is this /pol/? You are a racist old man, delete your account.
Posted by yesmaybe 5 months ago
yesmaybe
Posted by BrettBoelkens 5 months ago
BrettBoelkens
I'm sorry, thought I had 3 days for rebuttals, not 1.