juancarlos.favelamiranda
Napoleon_Dynamite_915

Mexican soccer players are better than Americans

Started: 5/30/2013 Category: Sports

juancarlos.favelamiranda

Pro

I am here to debate that Mexican players are better than American ones, because this neighbour countries have always been fighting to be better than the other and it may be interesting to see who is better in a debate, with words.
Napoleon_Dynamite_915

Con

I accept, I will be debating that Americans are better than Mexican soccer players. I will assume that the first round is for acceptance only.
juancarlos.favelamiranda

Pro

There was a moment of history in which American players were better than Mexicans some years ago, but nowadays Mexicans are undoubtedly better than Americans because of this:
1. Mexico won gold medal in London Olympics showing a really dominating team.
2. http://www.fifa.com... Mexico have more wins since 2000
3. FMF is way better than MLS and Mexican players are playing in better European teams than Americans
Napoleon_Dynamite_915

Con

Though Mexico is rich with Soccer history and many good players have come from Mexico, America has a better soccer team than Mexico. Recently, the United States defeated the Mexican national team 1-0, in Mexico I might add [1]. The United States has more quality wins than the Mexican team such as their 1-0 win against Italy, their 1-0 win against Venezuela [2], and most recently their 4-3 win against Germany [3]. Under their current coach, J"rgen Klinsmann they have a record of 11-5-7 [4]. The United States has also had several ties with Mexico over the past couple years. The United States also has more quality star players than the Mexican national team. The American team has players such as Jozy Altidore, Clint Dempsey, Tim Howard, DaMarcus Beasley, and the rising star Fabian Johnson. All of these five players have played in Europe in places such as England and Germany.

I would now like to refute your previous statements about the Mexican national team:

1. During the London Olympics, many national teams such as Spain, Germany, and the United States played younger players that did not have as much international experience as others. If the normal starting players had played in the Olympics, it would have been very unlikely for Mexico to win or even advance as far as they did.

2. The site you posted is outdated and does not calculate some of the more recent ties and the win that America had over Mexico.

3. As I posted earlier the United States have several players playing abroad in Europe and even some playing in Mexico. Also, there is no way to prove that the FMF is better than the MLS because the two never play. The two also play against different levels of talent within their respective leagues.

Thank you and I look forward to your next argument.
juancarlos.favelamiranda

Pro

juancarlos.favelamiranda forfeited this round.
Napoleon_Dynamite_915

Con

Napoleon_Dynamite_915 forfeited this round.