PacemakerGuy
Gravekeeper

Microsoft and Sony shouldn't ban used games from their systems

PacemakerGuy

Pro

Yes I know that this is only a rumor but if it is true I stand for that the companies should not ban used games from being played on their systems. In this argument I will defend why they shouldn't ban used games from the newest systems yet to be released.
The first round is just and introduction saying you are for or against. then in the upcoming rounds we will say why we stand for or are against it.
acceptance round!!!
Gravekeeper

Con

I don't think that you should be allowed to play old console games on new consoles because there wouldn't be that much point in even buying the new console. It is true that they will release new games for that console only, but if you want to play the other games then set-up your old console or have it in a different room. Also for the xbox 360 they took some games from the original xbox and made it so you can play them. They made it so you can play halo 2 on the new xbox. Also another reason they make it so that you can't play old games is because sometimes they change the controller. Like with the xbox. so if they made is so that you can play old games on the new console they would have to program the new console to be able to read the old games with its new controls. It's the same way with controllers like with the Sony you can't take ps2 controllers and use them on the ps3.
PacemakerGuy

Pro

If they decide to do this it will be the end of Gamefly. Seriously think about it. I know what you mean about old systems but there are rumors that they will do this for the new system games too. So if I went to Gamestop and bought a game for the next XBOX soon to be out in 2013??? Anyway and got home and it didn't work i would be pissed. Soon Gamestop would realize why should we sell used games if they don't work on the new systems.
This would then cause Gamestop to lose over 50% of their sales since most are used games. everything would go down the drain, ebay sellers selling used games, Gamefly, other game stores that sell used games.
This would just crash the gaming industry. What is the good idea behind this. People will get fed up. I sometimes like to rent a game and try it out. if this happens I will be forced to buy it and if it sucks I just need to keep it and won't be able to sell it.

EA is a company that sells games with an internet password which if you don't have it you, it costs $5. Okay that is okay but still a scumbag move on their part. Bust still this is just another thing like this over again Microsoft/Sony will expect you to just buy a game and enter the code and not be able to try ti at your friends house/sell it or rent it. It's liek Computer games now on systems.
Gravekeeper

Con

How would Gamefly go out of business people may not get the new system or have a different system so Gamefly would be fine. Also Gamestop testes all of there used games to make sure that they work. Also they would continue to sell old games because sometimes people can't afford the newest systems. So they have old system and also kids who are like 16 and 17 like the old systems. I'm not that old and I still love the 64 the PS2 and more so I still buy old game. Also my friend only has a PS2 and gamecube and still buys games I still love the PS2 and gamecube and play with him all the time.
PacemakerGuy

Pro

I understand what you mean by the whole old games things but sooner or later you will end up getting the new system. Yes there are people that like to buy the old games but they would want something new. After about a year or two that the new systems willq be out or they will stop making new games for their past systems. I myself would die off from old systems, I barely play the original Xbox anymore and with the ps2 we just use it for DVDs.
GameStop would end up getting rid of all the Xbox and ps2 games to make way for the new games and used 360 n ps3 games. Along with gamefly all those old games will end up just sitting there and they will loose customers. Are you really saying that people will forget about the new games and systems and just stick with the old systems? Everyone will sooner or later forget the old systems or not even other renting from gamefly. They will end up going to the library to rent those old games or eBay to get them for a dollar.
With these new games and systems to come out. If they plan to ban those games people will stop gamefly and stop buying those games. Gamefly will only survive on the edge with the new WiiU to come out.
Gravekeeper

Con

You're a idiot just shut up you're retarded I am done arguing with you.
PacemakerGuy

Pro

PacemakerGuy forfeited this round.
Gravekeeper

Con

Gravekeeper forfeited this round.
PacemakerGuy

Pro

Okay i have no idea why it said I forfeited the last round BUT whatever, all my info is here basically if Microsoft and Sony banned used games it will run companies such as Gamefly and Gamestop out of business. Yes people stick with the old systems and won't get the new one but sooner or later they will end up with the latest Generation console since that's what happened here, plus the companies stop making games for this systems after about a year or 2.
To mainly close my opponent just gave up for no reason and didn't continue to defend his argument. This was a good defense and I had fun doing it, I just worry this may actually happen and sooner or later Microsoft and Sony will notice they have screwed themselves this time.
Gravekeeper

Con

Gravekeeper forfeited this round.
Posted by PacemakerGuy 5 years ago
PacemakerGuy
Didn't even forfeit this is dumb!!!
Posted by PacemakerGuy 5 years ago
PacemakerGuy
wow did I forfeit if I just came to check the debate now?....wow just gives up?