jaime.izaguirre
Natec

Microsoft is superior to Apple

Started: 11/6/2014 Category: Technology

jaime.izaguirre

Pro

I think Microsoft is better than Apple any aruments?
Natec

Con

jaime.izaguirre

Pro

I believe Microsoft is superior to Apple for a number of reasons one being technological advancement. Lets compare the IPad to the Surface. The IPad is an all play tablet. You cant use Microsoft Office on an IPad (which is pre installed on Surfaces at the time of purchase). You also can't save or make documents and it is barely compatible with other devices it doesn't even have a USB slot.

A Surface has a Intel Core processor, stylus, a stand, magnetic attachable keyboard/cover, Microsoft Office, faster charging charger, mini SD slot, and lets not forget the mini HDMI slot. Now before you say it I'll say it if Microsoft is better then why isn't there more Microsoft products around then Apple products and the answer is because people are band wagoners and will buy anything that's in at the moment.
Natec

Con

Rebuttals:

"I believe Microsoft is superior to Apple for a number of reasons one being technological advancement. Lets compare the IPad to the Surface"

Pros only argument he's presenting so far is that the I pad is worse than the surface. However, just because one product may be inferior to another doesn't mean the entire company is worse. There are other factors that need to be considered that Pro has ignored, which I'll highlight later in my arguments for this rounds.

"You cant use Microsoft Office on an IPad (which is pre installed on Surfaces at the time of purchase). You also can't save or make documents"

The biggest problem for the new Surface is that Microsoft's Windows app store is still lackluster. There are a handful apps available for surface but they generally pale in comparison to what the I pad offers. On top of this, there's actually a free app for Microsoft office available. Microsoft used to make customers pay for this app but it's now free. On top of this, there's also other apps comparable to the Microsoft office available for free on the App Store. This obviously means that pro's point here is refuted.

http://www.theverge.com...

Pro then goes on to list features that Microsoft office has. However, this is irrelevant because the I pad has many of these same features, such as the office app or a keyboard case. Pro also fails to highlight a single thing that the I pad has, focusing only on small features the "Surface" has available, making his arguments extremely misleading. He hasn't yet proven that the I pad is inferior and certainly has not yet proven that Microsoft is superior.

Pro hasn't fufilled his burden of proof yet, vote con.
jaime.izaguirre

Pro

How about Windows operated phones compared to IPhones. Name one truly great advancement in Apple technology with IPhones lets be honest Apple is not a master in tech but more advertisement. I mean really people only buy Apple products because Apple products are "in"and it's cool to be like everyone else. I don't see my opponent saying anything that Apple offers that Microsoft doesn't. And I believe that people who buy tablets do to the availability in apps aren't really using that tablet as an advantage for work in either, business, work, or school.

I would like to further my argument that Apple doesn't really make changes with new products. I mean people just buy it to follow the trend. Why buy a new phone, computer, or tablet because it's bigger, or lighter, or now has clearer screen. I mean really Apple just changes little things about their products and leaves it to advertisement to try to show the importance of that change.

Honestly I'm starting to think comparing serious work related Microsoft products to play products by Apple is much like comparing apples and oranges. Oh and what is that app again that Apple has Office and I forgot what company is that provided by? And other apps like Office but not Office are hard to use because of compatibility with other technology.
Natec

Con

Natec forfeited this round.