TheExtinction
Stefy

Middle school dating

TheExtinction

Pro

I think it is an emotional booster and it helps kids. Adults shouldnt justify EVREYTHING, but some things. Im in a secret relationshil and its working out fine
Stefy

Con

Hello!
I'd just like to say to begin that I know that not all middle school relationships end in disaster and can be a good experience for kids to have. However I believe it is something that should be discouraged because the bad outweighs the good in most cases. I'm sure you like many students is responsible and stable im yours.

There are more risks for middle achool studenta with dating. They are mire likley to develop bad study habits and more likley to abuse drugs in the future and also more likley to be high school dropouts.

I also believe it contributes to students having an unhealthy self identity. Middle school are very formative years for a childs brain and are very inportant for developing a sense of self and self-eateem which should not be tied to your relationship status. People ages 11-14 should not focus on feeling bad that they are single which very often happens once hey entwr the dating world though not in every single case they shoudl be focusing kn their education and developing hobbies and interests and being happy with who they are and not needing another person to make them happy. Theyre not yet close enough to having a fully developed brain and they need to work on completing themselves before supporting someone elses emotional health.

Also, kids today are under way too much pressure to grow up way too fast. Its come a long way even in the three years since ive left i see both sexes but mostly girls trying to act older than they are to impress the opposite sex. The girls are all caked in way too much makeup (Not hating on makeup but it gets over the tip inappropriote for the age) and both sexes are engaging in risky behavior to achieve this wnd (drugs, slacking off on school to seem cooler, etc.) Kids just need to be kids.

I wish you and your boy/girl friend the best and Again I knwo not every case ends badley so its nothing personal i just think overall it should be avoided.
TheExtinction

Pro

TheExtinction forfeited this round.
Stefy

Con

my source from the last round: https://www.psychologytoday.com...
TheExtinction

Pro

TheExtinction forfeited this round.
Stefy

Con

Stefy forfeited this round.
Posted by Stefy 2 years ago
Stefy
Question are you in middle school?