PowerPikachu21
wolf24

Midna vs Fi

wolf24 has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 1 month ago Status: Debating Period

PowerPikachu21

Pro

Light and Dark, tools that were used by Link in order to save Hyrule. But which element is more powerful? Midna, the Twilight Princess, and Fi, the Spirit of the Goddess Sword. Who would win in a fight? Does Light overcome Dark? Or will Twilight prevail? Let's find out.

Rules:

1) This debate will be about comparing certain stats; Strength, Agility, Durability, Abilities, and Equipment.

2) I've decided to argue for Fi winning the battle. The Contender will be arguing for Midna. (If you want to debate for Fi, tell me in the comments before accepting.)

3) No arguments from bias (Like if someone said Mario would beat Mega Man because there's so many Mario fanboys). Such arguments will be ignored.

4) No new information in the final round, since I'll be unable to repsond to such. Doing so will count as an instant loss.

5) Attacks from Hyrule Warriors will be valid. However, mechanics from Hyrule Warriors (Weak Point gauge, Focus Spirit, etc.) will not be valid.

6) No outside help. However, if the character is able to summon clones, that is allowed. But no more than 3 clones out at a time.

7) The battle will take place in a 100ft x 100ft x 75ft arena, so no homefield advantage is present.

8) No trolling of any sort, or you lose. If I notice you either aren't taking the debate seriously, or are doing some bull, I am free to call you out. Ultimately, though, it's the voter's opinion that matters.

9) Make sure you want to do the debate when accepting. Running out of time counts as an instant loss. (Because of this rule, you must have completed at least 2 debates in order to accept)

10) First round will be confirming your acceptance, and arguments are optional in Round 1. But when posting Round 2, you have to have some kind of argument. (48 hours to post)

Stats:

These are the stats we're going to discuss in the fight:

Strength: How powerful the character is.

Agility: How fastand nimble the character is, as well as aerial capabilities.

Durability: How much damage the character can take.

Abilities: Projectiles, summoning wolf copies, teleporting, etc.

Equipment: What equipment the character has, if anything.

You can use the first round for acceptance or arguments. With that, let's get into this Death Battle.
wolf24

Con

Fi. I found Fi to be a likable character, and she comes in handy. But why I don't like Midna as much is that I hated her at the start, and first impressions do kind of hand on to you from time to time. After her Desperate Hour, I began to appreciate her as a character, but not a companion. She's borderline useless and gives the worst advice of the 5 3D companions. Fi, despite being robotic, the scenes with her singing the messages from the goddess are very beautiful. In truth, Midna is my 3r favorite companion, behind Fi, and honestly, Navi. I like Navi's little voice and all, I think Navi's really cute. :)
PowerPikachu21

Pro

... I do hope you read the debate. This is the 2nd time someone accepted Midna vs Fi, but didn't know what that meant.

Rule #2 states "I've decided to argue for Fi winning the battle. The Contender will be arguing for Midna. (If you want to debate for Fi, tell me in the comments before accepting.)". I think my opponent is either conceding Fi's victory, or just likes the character.

Again, we're wondering who is more powerful, not which one is a better character.

I'll give my opponent a 2nd chance. Tell me how powerful Midna is when you post again. Popular opinion would say Con has the better stance; the more powerful character. So how does Midna even defeat Fi?
wolf24

Con

Wiz: Fi, inhabitant of the goddess sword is no ordinary creature.

Boomstick: So, is Fi a boy or a girl?

Wiz: Neither actually, Fi is gender-less.

Boomstick: Wait what? Hoe does that happen?

Wiz: I don't know, just go with it. Fi was the first to accompany Link on his many adventures, and her feats are not to be laughed at.

Boomstick: In Hyrule Warriors, Fi can literally become a sword, and juggle enemies into the air before dive-bombing on them. They can also juggle enemies in a circular pattern, doing small damage, but can help setup future combos.

Wiz: Fi can also ram into enemies, sending them flying. Another ability is tripping opponents, sending them into the air before dealing massive damage from a pulse of light. They can become a sword again and spin rapidly, doing massive damage to all in a nearby area.

Boomstick: But three of her attack stand out above the rest. Fi can freeze enemies before summoning a small golden triangle area below them, becoming the sword again, and firing off a laser-thingy.

Wiz: This attack exposes the target's weakness-point gauge. If Fi can deplete this quickly enough, she can trap her target in an orb of light, before causing it to explode, dealing massive damage.

Boomstick: But by far Fi's best attack is her special- if they can deal enough damage to opponents, then they can become a sword, damage all enemies in a nearby area by hitting them twice as a sword, before sending them flying by creating a strange pattern thing on the ground.

Wiz: Fi has access to Focus Spirit, an ability that increases their speed and damage output while also reducing knockback. However this lasts for only so long. But Fi's greatest asset is likely her intelligence- she can strategize and exploit her opponent's weaknesses easily.

Boomstick: And to round it all off, Fi can string together her light attacks together for damage, but the damage is considerably less then most of her other attacks. However, her light attacks are much easier to land.

Wiz: With a moveset this strange, the competition may never know whats coming next.

Midna
Boomstick: Midna, the Twilight Princess is not the average dainty princess getting herself kidnapped all the time.

Wiz: Nope, she knows how to defend herself. She can summon Twilight dogs to attack people with-

Boomstick: Wait, isn't that outside help?

Wiz: Actually, no. Midna creates them at will, meaning they are her property, and not independent beings.

Boomstick: That doesn't seem right for some reason...

Wiz: Anyways, she can summon Twilight dogs to attack people with, as well as use her hair to grab and throw people around.

Boomstick: Wait, her hair?

Wiz: Yes.

Boomstick: I always though that was a third hand...

Wiz: Growing from her head?

Boomstick: ...Now i feel stupid...

Wiz: Don't. I didn't see it at first either.

Boomstick: AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You're an idiot, Wiz!

Wiz: ...She can grab enemies and crush them with her hair, slam them into the ground, or throw them. She can also summon a large ball of what seems to be energy, before dropping it on her opponents, doing a great deal of damage.

Boomstick: But her most valuable weapon is the Fused Shadows. This is where she gets her power.

Wiz: Midna can even assemble all four of the Fused Shadows for one mighty blow, exposing the weakness-point gauge. If she can diminish this before it disappears, she can hit her enemies with her hair in one might blow, causing massive damage.

Boomstick: Despite all this power, Midna still isnt the best fighter.

Wiz: That is true. Her pride can be her best asset and most fatal flaw at the same time- She'll never give up no matter what, which can serve her, but her pigheadedness means there's little room for strategy- she usually relies on overpowering foes through sheer force.

Boomstick: But sheer force is all she ever may need, and its increased by the fact that her attacks get more powerful the more she targets one person.

Wiz: Its impossible to deny that there are few who could stand a chance versus Midna.

Battle!
Fi and Midna are travelling before bumping into one another. "Oh, hi." Midna says. "And you are...?"

"I am known as Fi." Fi says. "I am ally to Link, Servant to Hylia, and keeper of the Goddess Sword."

"Interesting to know." Midna says. "But i doubt you'd beat me."

"Incorrect."

"What?"

"The statistical likelihood of you defeating me in a fight are 12.4%."

"We'll just have to see about that!"

Fi and Midna stand ready for battle, facing each other.

FIGHT!

Midna and Fi rush at each other as Fi turns into a sword, but Midna catches it, and the two stand still for a moment. Fi turns back to normal and breaks free, rushing Midna, tripping her into the air, before attacking her with a large pulse of light.

Midna flies away, and summons a Twilight Dog. "Not done yet..." Midna says. Fi approaches, but cautiously. Midna doubles speed, and before Fi can react, Fi has be grabbed by Midna's hair, who is now twirling it, and throws Fi, before catching them with two more Twilight dogs creating a small vortex, and Midna soon causes an explosion, sending Fi back.

Fi gets up. "Analysis complete." She says. "Effective combination confirmed." Fi rushes towards Midna, dodging her attacks. Fi summons a circular beam of light, freezing Midna, before sending her into the air. Fi then turns into a sword and performs a circular strike upwards, and froze Midna before she hit the ground. Fi became a sword again, swinging at her twice, before sending her flying with a large strike to the ground.

"What is this? I've never seen an attack pattern like it!" Midna comments. Fi rushes towards Midna again, who attempts to attack, but Fi dodged, froze Midna before laying a golden triangle beneath her, and sending a pulse of light, causing the triangle to almost explode. Midna was sent flying, but Fi still wasn't done. Fi strung their light attacks together, slowly diminishing Midna's weakness-point gauge. Eventually, it was empty, and Fi trapped Midna in a small orb of light, before causing it to explode.

A large dust cloud formed as Fi completed the attack. "Battle complete."

As Fi turned away, she was frozen in place. Midna was still alive. Midna was charging her special before throwing it on Fi, and the dust cleared. Midna ran towards Fi, before grabbing her, slamming them on the ground several times with her hair, before throwing Fi. Midna's hair began to glow purple. Midna rushed Fi again, and grabbed Fi, before pounding her on the ground, and summoning two Twilight dogs to send Fi back into the air, before slamming Fi back into the ground with her hair.

"Now's my chance!" Midna whispered. She froze Fi one last time, before summoning the other three pieces of the Fused Shadows. Midna disappeared for a moment, before reappearing as a giant tentacle beast with a spear. Midna aimed carefully- this was her only chance. As the spear came down, it struck Fi- but where we don't see. A dust cloud formed.

When the smoke cleared, Midna was standing over Fi, who had a spear of twilight energy straight through the crystal on the chest. "Statistics are 89% of the time wrong, Fi." Midna chuckled.

K.O.!
PowerPikachu21

Pro

You literally copy/pasted the entire Midna vs Fi Fan Battle from the wiki. My opponent violates rule #5, which says that the mechanics from Hyrule Warriors, like the Weak Point gauge, Focus Spirit, and Special Gauge, aren't present in my battle. So that fan battle isn't an entirely valid conclusion.

Also, upon pasting the entire fan battle, you made a few of my arguments for me. Fi can indeed turn into a sword, and attacks using holy light. (Remember; Fi is my side)

Argument:

What the fan battle doesn't show is the Skyward Strike. In Hyrule Warriors, she can raise her sword form skyward, absorbing energy. She can then use this energy to either increase her own attacks, or unleash it as a projectile. The fan battle also forgets that Fi has incredible intellect. Fi's able to calculate best course of action, probability, and her opponent's weaknesses. Midna does have a weakness; Holy Light. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that Fi has the superior element.

In Twilight Princess, the light spirit Lanayru purged Midna, putting her in critical condition. Fi could likely do the same thing with her own light.

On top of that, Fi's also capable of teleporting and flight, making her very agile.

Rebuttal:

However, the fan battle did make an argument for the pricness herself. But the twilight isn't that powerful. (Keep in mind the Contender posted a fan battle, not actually a Death Battle script made by ScrewAttack)

"Wiz: Nope, she knows how to defend herself. She can summon Twilight dogs to attack people with-

Wiz: Actually, no. Midna creates them at will, meaning they are her property, and not independent beings."

These twilight wolves haven't been shown to be too much. Fi wouldn't have much trouble fighting these minions. Also, rule #6 states "However, if the character is able to summon clones, that is allowed. But no more than 3 clones out at a time.". So Fi doesn't have to deal with too many at a time. Also, Fi could just teleport behind Midna.

"Wiz: Anyways, she can summon Twilight dogs to attack people with, as well as use her hair to grab and throw people around.

Boomstick: Wait, her hair?

Wiz: Yes.

Boomstick: I always though that was a third hand..."

Very true. But if you're grabbed, the best solution is to teleport. Or turn into a sword, though not as effective.

"Boomstick: But her most valuable weapon is the Fused Shadows. This is where she gets her power.

Wiz: Midna can even assemble all four of the Fused Shadows for one mighty blow, exposing the weakness-point gauge. If she can diminish this before it disappears, she can hit her enemies with her hair in one might blow, causing massive damage."

No, she can't. The Weak-Point Gauge isn't in this battle. And besides, those Fused Shadows don't seem too terrible. All Fi needs to do is take one of the Fused Shadows, and maybe even destroy it. Maybe the one Midna's wearing is the best one to take.

"Boomstick: Despite all this power, Midna still isnt the best fighter.

Wiz: That is true. Her pride can be her best asset and most fatal flaw at the same time- She'll never give up no matter what, which can serve her, but her pigheadedness means there's little room for strategy- she usually relies on overpowering foes through sheer force."

Couldn't have said it better, Wiz. Midna relies more on brute force rather than planning. This gives Fi one advantage.

As for the results... Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword exist. The original authors of this fan battle don't seem to have cared about these characters' original games, where most of their strengths are shown.

[PS I remember something else in that fan battle. Something about how Midna "popped" Zant?]

Conclusion:

I did say this battle would be looking at specific stats. Here's the current standings (based off of information in the debate):

Strength: Midna has more physical strength. Fi hasn't been shown of much outside of Hyrule Warriors. Midna does win this category.

Agility: Fi's able to fly and teleport. My opponent hasn't shown Midna to have any real agility, let alone flight. Fi wins the category currently.

Durability: In Skyward Sword, Fi never battled, so durability can't be measured. Midna also hasn't been shown of too much. The winner of this category is undecided.

Abilities: High intellect and holy powers is more powerful than Midna's Fused Shadows (at least what has been shown in this debate). Fi wins this category.

Equipment: Fused Shadows are better than nothing. Midna wins this category, but by how much?

The debate presses on. There's this thing called VS Battles wiki. You might want to check that out. But in my Round 4, I would like to examine your own argument; in your own words. I don't prohibit research, but I do encourage it.

[Current probability of Midna surviving: 40%]