socialpinko
TUF

(Mig Tournament) Writer's Debate

TUF

socialpinko

Pro

This debate won't be an orthodox argumentative debate. In it, Pro and Con will take turns writing a story and drawing on the other's writing, to make a coherent whole. The one who presents the most compelling or entertaining writing will be the winner.

Round 1: Acceptance, rules, clarifications
Rounds 2-4: Actual writing

===Framework/Rules===

1. At the end of each passage of text, each debater will present a twist, or a major problem for his opponent to both overcome and solve. This problem/twist will be stated clearly at the end of each round. It will then be the job of the opponent to fix that problem during their next text, and provide a new problem for their opponent, and so on, etc.

2. A forfeit will conduct in the loss of this debate. This is a tournament debate, so it would serve both of us to finish our challenge on time appropriately.

3. The person who holds the readers interest best, or who attracts the best attention to you as a reader, should be deemed the winner of this debate. You may take in any aspects of a reader when voting, IE: Writing style, S/G, Entertainment levels, etc.
TUF

Con

I agree with the Framework stated by my opponent. I feel this will be a fun an entertaining writer vs writer clash! I hope my opponent has fun with this too (I doubt he won't, these are always fun).

May the writing begin!
socialpinko

Pro

2:17 a.m. November 13th, 2018. Svoboda, Novoya Rossiya (formerly Arlington, Virginia).

"Please don't do this comrade! I plea for you to reconsider, to be merciful and to show me a kind eye! I have never been anything but loyal to the revolution and many can attest to this I assure you! It's just I- my children and wife, I was thinking of them. We have nothing to eat! Surely you can empathize with that? I never meant any harm I swear to God!" You're a kind and generous man, I can see it in your eyes! I know that you'll----." In an instant his body was transformed. What was a second ago a lively creature, willing to do anything for the continuation of its measley existence, was now simply one among many hundreds of thousands who had shared a similar fate.

A queer thought though flickered in the back of his mind as he and his confederates left the scene. After seeing face after face, plea after plea, excuse after excuse and how tiring it was to sit through these useless performances, Walter wondered why he continued to allow for such excercises in futility. "You're quiet tonight Walter. What could you be thinking about so deeply on a night such as this?" His comrade Demyan had noticed an unusual silence. Walter replied, "Just thinking we should get some breakfast. I'm starving."

3:39 p.m. January 21st, 2015. New York City, New York. United States.

He was only injured slightly, his hearing was just a bit off but he was pretty sure he had a fractured rib. "Come on Walter drive! Just get us the hell out of here!" Daymen tried to keep Walter focused on the road even as Alex lie bleeding in the back. "Sergey, you're the doctor now how's he doing, will he live?", asked Daymen. The diagnosis looked grim. Alex had been too close to the initial detonation of the blast. "He's basically dead already, there-- there's nothing we can do for him." Sergey's face was white. His comrade lay dying as he sat beside him helpless. "Daymen, call Emil. Check their status. And Sergey keep on look-out", barked Walter.

Daymen: Are you all ready over there?
Emil: Of course, just waiting on you.
Daymen: We ran into a minor problem over here. Alex got preoccupied with some police and was injured in the detonation. We don't think he's going to make it.
Emil: It's all necessary my friend. He's proud to die for the revolution. Just make sure the rest of you get here in one piece.
Daymen: Will do. We'll be there in about fifteen minutes.
Emil: And remember, this begins our revolution. Khleb mir zemle.
Daymen: Khleb mir zemle.
TUF

Con

7:46 am. January 22nd, 2015. New York City. United States.

"How many casualties did we have Sergeant Moreno?" Detective Miller asked grimly.

The Sergeant looked completely exhausted. He had been up for hours upon hours trying to deal with this mess. His eyes were bagged, with half rings descending beneath them, from his long night of dealing with his Lieutenant, the press, and the families of the police officers who had died tonight.

His response was pushed, almost forced to sound politically correct, as though the men who died weren't friends he had become close to over the years.
"The right now we've found 16 bodies in the burnt police building. What details has your team found so far?"

"It was a Car bomb, sir. They used ANFO (Ammonium nitrate-fuel oil) to set the explosion off. Our Witnesses say they saw one get away. He was American. Police sketches show him to be the exact likeness of our infiltrator, Alex Hobbs." Replied the Detective as he looked at notes written on his pad.

Sergeant Moreno seemed relieved by this information. "So he is alive? Do we have any communication with him?"

The detective frowned, which told the answer before he even spoke. "Sorry sir, the detonation destroyed the wire we had on him. He is in the belly of the beast now. In fact, it's lucky he even survived."
James Moreno nodded and dismissed the man to do further investigations. As soon as the detective was away from sight, he kicked out harshly at a piece of rubble on the ground near him.

James had been partners with Alex for 3 years now on the force. They were good friends, and always had each others backs. Until now. Alex had saved his life many times, and it was all James could do now to wish he could be there to do the same for him.

It had been a year since the revolution had started, and with it brought the country great devastation. Socialists were griping at their freedom and committing acts of terrorism on innocents everywhere. Of course they don't see it that way. To them it is just a ploy for freedom, and nobility! Something..... more. James Moreno didn't understand it, nor did he care to. He just wanted to stop the group who continually had his department on the rocks for investigations.

The New York City police department was a wreck dealing with this relatively small group of rebels.

Moreno looked down once more at the known dead police officers from the building.

Detective Jay Cutler, from Personal. A great guy, Moreno had known him for a couple years. He always was the entertainment around the office, and told a new hilariously funny joke every day. He was now dead.

Detective Lisa Yets, from logistics. She was one oft he brightest minds on the force, and personally had helped crack down several investigations. She was now dead.

Detective Morgan Redman, from Evidence. He always brought in donuts each Friday, and made sure to ask anyone he came in contact with how their day was. He was now dead.

The list went on and on. James was starting to feel light headed. He closed the report.

All these men and woman... They had families... Lives.... People who loved them. And they were all gone. Dead. History.

All because of some immigrant nobilists had some bat sh1t belief in some greater cause. It made James sick to his stomach to think about.

Right now, at this moment, all he wanted to do was to put away these bastards who were continually causing pain throughout the state. This was going to end.

Moreno called in his group of officers, and they all huddled around.

"Alright, were gonna find and catch the bloaters that did this to our brothers and sisters in blue. They will pay for how they've defiled our countries liberties, and our friends. Here's what were going to do...."

---------------------------------------

"Walter, we did it! This is the start to something great, something bigger than ourselves comrade!" Emil ran up to the car greeting the men as they rushed out of the vehicle.
Walter seemed impatient as he answered. "Yes, comrade, but now is not the time. We have an injured brother who needs attending to. We need to get him to the doctors now!"
Emil nodded, and ran along side the men leaving the vehicle, as they entered the large warehouse that was used as the temporary head quarters to the Russian Revolutionists base camp.

Walter and Daymen stayed inside the make-shift "hospital ward" near Alex for the next 5 hours, trying to re-assure him as the doctor worked on trying to fix Alex's wounds. Alex had suffered brain trauma, after the bomb went off. His hearing capabilities were a lot lower than they were previously, and a sizable chunk of his right arm was missing, as he tried to use it to shield his face from the blast.

The man was a moaning mess. Walter couldn't help but to feel responsible.

"This is my fault. I should have went in after him knowing we were running out of time. Instead I stayed away like a coward." Walter said bitterly to Deyman, as he gazed down at the unconscious man.

Deyman didn't hesitate in his re-assurance.
"No comrade, what you did was great! You led one of the biggest operations thus far. This will go down in the history books, when our revolution is complete, comrade. Your name will be remembered for this act of greatness we have accomplished today. I am honored to have been by your side through it all. I think we are in need of celebration! What do you say friend? Drinks on me!"

Walter wasn't really in the mood for celebrating anything, as he still felt genuinely guilty, but decided that it would be better to get his mind off of the subject and he went to the pub area with Deyman.

Walter was at the bottom of his 3rd shot of vodka, when Emil Joined him once more.
"Hey, if it isn't the man of the day! Congratulations my friend, you did spectacular today. I knew I was right in trusting you for such a big operation!"

Emil was sort of the leader of this whole thing. A little over a year ago, he had grouped together a select few people to join with him in enacting his beliefs upon America. So far, they had been successful in over 23 attacks on American people. Their numbers were small, but they're operations were controlled by some of the smartest tacticians in Russia, which attributed to their great success so far. Despite holding the same ideals as Emil, Walter didn't really like the man. Walter felt as if the position of authority and power properly belonged to him, as he had been the lead tactioner in every single raid thus far. His opinions, however were not shared by any of the other men. Deymen and Sergey especially looked up to and respected the man with reverie.

"Thanks." Walter replied solemnly, hoping Emil would leave him be. There was no such luck.

"Comrade, I would like to show you something I have not shown anyone before. You too, Daymen. Come with me if you would."

It didn't seem that Walter had a choice. He tried to stifle a grumble, as he followed the man over to an elevator.

The three men step inside. They watch as Emil presses a button: B1. This led to the underground laboratories. What business did they have down here?

Daymen and Walter followed regardless. When the elevator door opened, the two were staring into a large sealed tight metallic room, with a lone metal keypad and screen. Emil walks over to this, and punches in a few numbers. The door in front of them then opens revealing the huge underground laboratory. What was inside horrified Walter and Daymen beyond belief.

"What do you think of this? Beautiful huh? This will bring the revolution to a shockingly near end!"

Both men were at a loss of words as they stared at the large Nuke.

"Wh- what do you plan on using this for?" Walter asked tentatively.

The response he got was cold and sheer.

"We are going to Destroy New York City."

PROBLEM: Walter is faced with a moral question on whether or not to proceed with the plan. Meanwhile the New York City Police Department is right on the revolutionists trail. What devastating choices will be made?

socialpinko

Pro

socialpinko forfeited this round.
TUF

Con

Unfortunately, due to the rules of this debate, this debate has now concluded. I thank my opponent for offering up the debate, and wish him luck in his future debates! Thankyou!

socialpinko

Pro

socialpinko forfeited this round.
TUF

Con

Vote Con.
Posted by TUF 4 years ago
TUF
I am kind of confused. I know nothing about "social orders", Marxism, Russians, or practically anything you are writing about. I hope I don't screw this up.
Posted by TUF 4 years ago
TUF
Ill try to do something with this I guess.
Posted by socialpinko 4 years ago
socialpinko
I thought that it was the beginning of the revolution and hence the conception of the social order which the beginning paragraphs pertained to that was the twist. Do you not see it that way? The last lines signify that.
Posted by TUF 4 years ago
TUF
"This problem/twist will be stated clearly at the end of each round."

I think you forgot this part :/
Vote Placed by ceruleanpolymer 4 years ago
ceruleanpolymer
socialpinkoTUFTied
Vote Placed by RoyLatham 4 years ago
RoyLatham
socialpinkoTUFTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit concedes the debate.
Vote Placed by KRFournier 4 years ago
KRFournier
socialpinkoTUFTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro's opening round was utterly confusing. His lack of proper creating writing formatting costs him Spelling and Grammar. All other points are due to Pro's forfeit.
Vote Placed by 16kadams 4 years ago
16kadams
socialpinkoTUFTied
Reasons for voting decision: Psst, psst, forfeit.