LandonWalsh
FrontLineConservative

Mike Huckabee... Dangerous, and bad for America.

LandonWalsh

Pro

The Mike Huckabee Forums posts a set of pictures that show Chuck Norris kicking our Constitution and being upheld by God's Hands for it!

Huckabee is not a Real conservative, He is Very fiscally liberal, and has said that if Rudy, a Social Liberal known for being very immoral, got the nomination... he would support him over Ron Paul who is one of the most moral and upstanding candidates I know.

He destroyed the republican party here in Arkansas! And we routinely mention him by the name TaxHikeMike. I just call him dangerous, and bad for America.
FrontLineConservative

Con

Mike Huckabee has the United States in mind. Ron Paul is not as "cool" as you think he is. He is a second-rate congressman from here in Texas that no one had ever heard of until he started his "anti-war" bandwagon and college students jumped on. I've researched Mike Huckabee and his tax increases were for good reason. Arkansas' public education & road system benefited from this. When your predecessor is Bill Clinton sometimes you have to clean up his mistakes and you take the brunt of the blame. How did Bill Clinton help Arkansas as a state? In essence, Mike's tax increases could have been avoided had Bill Clinton taken care of it when he was in office.

Claiming that Mike Huckabee's followers are fanatics, as you do in another debate, is clearly just an immature assumption. You don't want religion pushed down your throat and I agree with you. The government should never become a Theocracy. But, Mike Huckabee's faith is very appealing to evangelical christians, such as myself. We all share common beliefs and values. So for you to imply that we are all fanatics is like me saying that all Ron Paul supporters are crazy. It's just not true. The reason you like Ron Paul is because you share common political beliefs with him.
LandonWalsh

Pro

Thankyou for accepting the challenge, and I would first like to add something I thought was quite funny... I'm from Arkansas, supporting a Texan, and your from Texas, supporting an Arkansan. Fate? lol

"Ron Paul is not as "cool" as you think he is. He is a second-rate congressman from here in Texas that no one had ever heard of until he started his "anti-war" bandwagon and college students jumped on."

First, I don't think going after my candidate makes for a strong argument against Huckabee being dangerous, and even if this was a debate against my candidate... saying that he was only popular after "college students jumped on" is a very compelling argument. Ron Paul has supporters in other countries... but I'm sure they are all collage students.

So is Bill Clinton the scapegoat for every Republican tax hike? I've heard this argument with Bush, with congress, and now Mike Huckabee. The truth is, During Huckabee's tenure, taxes were cut ninety times for savings of $378 million dollars, while taxes were raised twenty-one times for an increase of $883 million dollars. That is a Tax surplus of $505 Million dollars! 505 million for roads and education? Yeah, I've seen how the money had been spent on roads here in Arkansas. They have dug up and repaved various roads in my town 4 times! When they weren't needed! And our public schools haven't received a dime! On the other hand, he has used and tax payer dollars for other things… and has even been charged with multiple counts of misusing Arkansan taxpayer dollars;
(USING PUBLIC FUNDS FOR PURPOSES NOT AUTHORIZED BY LAW)

(USING PUBLIC FUNDS WITHOUT AN EMERGENCY AND WITHOUT
THE APPROVAL OF A MAJORITY OF THE PROPER LEGISLATIVE OFFICERS)

(USING PUBLIC FUNDS CONTRARY TO THE TERMS OF THE APPROPRIATION, WITHOUT A SPECIFIC APPROPRIATION, AND WITHOUT A DISTINCTLY STATED PURPOSE)

(USING PUBLIC FUNDS FOR LOCAL AND SPECIAL PROJECTS)

(USING PUBLIC FUNDS FOR EXPENSE REIMBURSEMENTS)

(DESTRUCTION OF GOVERNMENT PROPERTY, MISUSE OF PUBLIC FUNDS FOR PERSONAL BENEFIT) Ect…

And of coarse, you still have the argument that his taxes were necessary, but during his tenure, he made no attempts to lower spending so he wouldn't have to tax! He increased state spending 65.3 percent!!! In fact, even though Arkansas is Democrat territory, Huck was the biggest taxer and spender in Arkansas history. He even signed a $5.25 bed-tax on private nursing home patients in 2001!

I wonder if Mike really has Jesus on his mind as much he does money. He is famous for taking bribes, has appointed those who gave him gifts to a number of offices, and has been investigated by a government ethics commission 14 times! Five of those times resulted in a official Reprimand. The issues include personal use of government funds, funneling money through a false "charity", hiding donor information, and misreporting personal income.

Some Christian…

But if you are so worried about my candidate… how does Paul stack up when it comes to money? He does not use taxpayer money for his travels, never voted for a congressional pay raise, and even returns some of his office budget to the US Treasury each year. He wouldn't even vote for giving Nancy Reagan a gold medal on behaf of Ronald Reagan because it would cost taxpayer money. But said before congress that he would gladly help pay for it himself and asked the rest of congress to join him, no one did.

You should be worried that Mike Huckabee supports government funding of church's ministerial work. Because as the federal government continues to provide more and more funding for churches, they surrender their Christian sovereignty to the State, and the eventual result is manipulated official state churches similar to what we see in Communist China.

And I don't believe all Huckabee supports are crazy fanatics… I know there are some, but the same goes for Paul. If I thought you all were crazy and wouldn't listen to reason, I wouldn't put forth the effort of debating Huckabee supporters. I just know too many bad things about Mike Huckabee, and I wouldn't believe that man for a moment.

And no, the reason I support Ron Paul isn't because we have the same political views... it is because he is the first politician I have ever trusted. His record speaks volumes…
FrontLineConservative

Con

You've obviously studied more about Huckabee than I have. Good job.

I just like Huckabee because he supports our troops, will fight the terrorists on their turf, and he has the same values and beliefs that I do.

Ron Paul doesn't want to fight in Iraq. That's his belief and he is certainly entitled to that. I just believe in this military effort and I know that we can win it.

You win this debate.
LandonWalsh

Pro

"You've obviously studied more about Huckabee than I have. Good job."

lol, I just know what The man did to my state and don't want it to happen to my country... and can you believe I held back? I didn't even mention any of the scandals...

"I just like Huckabee because he supports our troops, will fight the terrorists on their turf, and he has the same values and beliefs that I do."

Well, I see this war as in vain... and with that said, the only way to support our troops is to save their lives so they don't die in vain. Both the "support our troops" remark and the "fight them on their own turf" are both right wing propaganda, and were both used in WW2, only... By the Nazis... Study your history. Those who apposed the attack on Poland were told that they didn't support their troops and that the preemptive war was necessary to protect "Homeland security"

But the big question is... Do you really know your enemy? Or do you know what you've been told about your enemy? Do you know why they attacked us... Ron Paul has been attacked by many right-wingers because he says that it is because of our foreign policy.... yet, our own CIA has said the exact same thing. They don't hate us for our freedom, they hate us because we are over there. Don't believe me... listen to the mastermind>>>

"The following is a translated full transcript, provided by the U.S. government, of Osama bin Laden's videotaped message aired on the al-Jazeera satellite television network."

http://www.washingtonpost.com...

"Should a man to be blamed for defending his sanctuary? Is defending oneself and punishing the aggressor in kind objectionable terrorism? If it is such, then it is unavoidable for us. This is the message which I sought to communicate to you in word and deed repeatedly for years before September 11th."

And if you study Osama's history, you will also find out that he was, rich, well educated, and a engineering major. And if you study into it more, you will find that he wasn't even the mastermind. He was just mad at America for what it had done and continues to do. So Osama would use his wealth to finance groups that wanted to attack American targets. Did you ever knowdis that 80% of the hijackers were from Saudi Arabia? Want to know why? American troops and bases in Saudi Arabia... Their holy land.

"Ron Paul doesn't want to fight in Iraq. That's his belief and he is certainly entitled to that. I just believe in this military effort and I know that we can win it."

No we can't when this war... It is perdicted that to "get the job done" it would take "at least" 6 more years... Just like the soviet union, Iraq has become our Afghanistan... And if we continue on this path any longer, our entire economy will collapse.

I know alot more on the war and the mideast... but i'll save that for another debate.

I have fun debating you! Happy New Year!
FrontLineConservative

Con

Well, I'm not going to debate you on the Iraq War. I've got different views and friends in the military. I'm also a future Army reservist... (I'm already enrolled in Spring classes and will head for basic in August.)

I'm actually a history minor and I know a lot about WWII. Neville Chamberlains appeasement policy towards the Nazi Regime... so on and so on.

One thing that I think that we can agree on is that Hillary needs to be kept out of the White House.

Let's lower Government spending. Lower taxes. Get rid of the scandals. Let's live up to what the U.S. Constitution has in store for our country.

Good debate! I still like Huckabee, but you beat me... fair and square.

Good job man!
Posted by LandonWalsh 9 years ago
LandonWalsh
"Let's lower Government spending. Lower taxes. Get rid of the scandals. Let's live up to what the U.S. Constitution has in store for our country."

You know what, you sound like a Ron Paul supporter...
Posted by clsmooth 9 years ago
clsmooth
Hey Landon, the only other issue we disagree on is vouchers. Check out the debate I had on the subject:

http://www.debate.org...
Posted by FrontLineConservative 9 years ago
FrontLineConservative
I even cast my vote for you landonwalsh.
Posted by clsmooth 9 years ago
clsmooth
Whoops. That was not the right URL. Here it is: http://www.debate.org...
Posted by clsmooth 9 years ago
clsmooth
Read my other gay marriage debate.

http://www.intrade.com...

It sounds like we have the same position.
Posted by LandonWalsh 9 years ago
LandonWalsh
Yeah, I want a message system, 4 person debates, and 3 min delays on voting.(so people can't vote without reading the debate)
Posted by LandonWalsh 9 years ago
LandonWalsh
I agree, but do we have the same stance on Gay marriage? I agree it involves state recognition. I don't believe the state should be involved with any marriage, Gay or straight. Marriage is strictly a religious institution. But if they are going to continue recognize and give benefits to married couples, I don't think it should apply to sexual orientation.

Go ahead in decline it, whatever we might disagree on this subject would be a small issue...
Posted by clsmooth 9 years ago
clsmooth
ATTN: Landon Walsh.

Debate.org really needs a private message system!

I am already in a debate over gay marriage. Clearly, I am not opposed to gays getting married. But if you read the "hover over" on gay marriage, it has to do with state recognition. I am against state recognition of gay OR straight marriages. Check through my debates and you can see.

Let me know when you get this message by posting a reply here. Then I will decline your challenge, because it is redundant. Cool?
Vote Placed by blond_guy 9 years ago
blond_guy
LandonWalshFrontLineConservativeTied
Vote Placed by willact723 9 years ago
willact723
LandonWalshFrontLineConservativeTied
Vote Placed by hellstorm 9 years ago
hellstorm
LandonWalshFrontLineConservativeTied
Vote Placed by Pluto2493 9 years ago
Pluto2493
LandonWalshFrontLineConservativeTied
Vote Placed by Chob 9 years ago
Chob
LandonWalshFrontLineConservativeTied
Vote Placed by oboeman 9 years ago
oboeman
LandonWalshFrontLineConservativeTied
Vote Placed by LandonWalsh 9 years ago
LandonWalsh
LandonWalshFrontLineConservativeTied
Vote Placed by rclinken 9 years ago
rclinken
LandonWalshFrontLineConservativeTied
Vote Placed by hjfrutwiufy 9 years ago
hjfrutwiufy
LandonWalshFrontLineConservativeTied
Vote Placed by WaximusMaximus 9 years ago
WaximusMaximus
LandonWalshFrontLineConservativeTied