Lucasism
bruh

Mikie's statement about music, from "cracked.com"

Lucasism

Pro

I'll use this first round to just clarify our topic, and I assume my opponent (Thomas) will just use it to post his acceptance of the rolls. We will be debating in a 4 round style, the first rounds for both sides being only cases, then the second and on being freestyle. The max amount of characters is 2000 per post. Your case should be in contention format and if you want to you should provide definitions. The debate topic (or resolution) is: ‎"2011 is to indie rock what 1979 was to punk rock: It marks the official tipping point from subculture to marketable commodity."
Thomas must prove this topic wrong, i must prove it right. I <3 you thomas.
bruh

Con

What do I do to prove it wrong? Prove that this 'tipping point' took place earlier? What she order? Fish filet? What is the tipping point? What does that mean? What is a 'marketable commodity'? I would say that it's any product that can be sold successfully, whether as an album or as commission for a commercial, etc. What makes it 'official'? The writer never specifies.
Most troubling, what does 'indie rock' mean? The genre label is very arbitrary and varies greatly from person to person. 'Indie Rock' is often classified by labels as 'Alternative', does this make them the same? Also, even bands like Kings of Leon are classified as 'indie rock'. How do we decide what is and isn't 'indie rock'? Through what bands we agree to have that label? That would quickly reach an impassable road block, as we agree on very little related to music. Genre labels are very ambiguous, is my point.

arbitrary brag/insult/generally demeaning statement: Also if you have to prove this tipping point took place during 2011, and that it didn't take place earlier, you're going to have a hilariously uphill battle for this fairly indefensible position, and will have to coast off my inability to find evidence.

swag
swag
swag
everything is purple
Lucasism

Pro

I like how you didn't follow the instructions.
bruh

Con

bruh forfeited this round.
Lucasism

Pro

Lucasism forfeited this round.
bruh

Con

bruh forfeited this round.
Lucasism

Pro

Lucasism forfeited this round.
bruh

Con

bruh forfeited this round.
Lucasism

Pro

Lucasism forfeited this round.
bruh

Con

bruh forfeited this round.