debator_debates
PauseAndThink

Miley Cyrus a slut?

debator_debates

Con

There has been a lot of people saying that Miley Cyrus is a slut, or a whore, or she's nasty. Think about it this way. When you were 9, 10, you acted like a kid. Didn't curse, (probably) didn't start drama, etc. When you hit 11, maybe 12, you change. You start cursing, or fighting, or acting differently, viewing life differently. Like Miley. She was 14, maybe 15 when she started Hannah montana. She was young. Still a baby! Remind yourselves that 'Miley Stewart' was just a CHARACTER! She could've been doing the same things behind the scenes. You'll never know. Like when you were younger. Probably did your hair in cute little ponies, or babyish styles. When your older, you want better and more 'grown' hairstyles. Like miley. Many people cut and dye their hair! The only reason you guys are ribbing on Miley, is because you're used to the brunette, funny character that she played on a DISNEY SHOW. Truth is, she's a normal teenager! Let the girl grow up! Many of you girls started 'twerking' or even started serious relationships! A lot of you have done the things that Miley did at 13! Let her grow up!
PauseAndThink

Pro

Oh, we've let her grow up alright. In fact ,we've so much so, let her grow up in the public domain- a place where she should have been made aware that her life was going to be under constant scrutiny. You may argue that no-one, deserves to live a life constantly threatened to be ripped apart; you're correct where you stand concerning this issue; however, the difference between a leading a life such as Miley Cyrus and a living a life such as 'Jane's' next door is that; 'Jane' our all American school girl never was in such a position of authority, whereby her actions dictated a change in many a society's attitude. Miley, however, has been put into such a position by her own reckoning , and has thus garnered the attention of many media outlets concerning her actions.

She has become an icon- a notable figure, and yet her actions encourage the degradation of women in society's whereby sexual protection, vilification and discrimination is already hanging by a metaphorical thread.

The world has no problem with Miley Cyrus. But the world has a problem when Miley Cyrus struts around in nude coloured clothing, behaving explicitly (I don't know how old you are, and thus I'm not sure if you're aware of what exactly she's been doing), encouraging the objectification of women in media, and subsequently in real life.

Miley Cyrus apparently lives in a bubble where her actions have no mass immediate effect on her immediate family- she has clearly not experienced the vile discrimination occurring in work places whereby a woman's presence is regarded as inhibiting, or as a distraction. And yet; she dares act as a poster woman for what the youth should aspire to be?

The media only ever sell copies of the negative. Internationally, the world has a mean world view- a cynical one if you will. Regardless of the amount of times Miley has 'dyed her hair', or pierced her punctured ears; her actions can never be undone.

Those who agree with me, have actual knowledge of how hard this world can be once you unplug your ears and stop listening to her latest rendition of wrecking ball.

Life and reality hits like one only moments later.
debator_debates

Con

I see where you're coming from, and I DO fully agree that yes, Miley did have a light shining on her, one where she's known to be a Disney star, on a well liked, and popular show, "Hannah Montana". I understand that. But what I'm getting at, is that things come and go, and there's a time to bring it back up, and there's a time to just let it fade away.

Miley wanted to be an actress/singer, and hell, she managed to do both! But Hannah Montana had to come to an end. "Miley Stewart" was gone a long time ago. We all need to learn to accept that. Miley Cyrus is 21 years old. I actually looked it up, and Miley was 13 years old when she started Hannah Montana!

I believe Miley Cyrus was 17 when she stopped filming Hannah Montana.

"I"m going to rejoice and be happy to finally not have to be"well, to not be somebody I"m not exactly," Miley stated.
"As I"ve grown into it, I"ve grown out of it. Does that make sense? When I was 12, I thought, "I want to be famous all the time! I want everybody to recognize me!""

She had an phase that any little kid would have! Wanting to be famous! She auditioned for "Lilly Prescott", at age 11, and got the role as Hannah, or Miley. She got to live out that dream that she's always had! Like she said, she's grown into it, and she grew out of it!

I think that Miley simply grew up, point blank period. We all have to accept it, and move on! Miley made cute little music when she was a teen, but she's an adult now. I'm pretty sure she got tired of making little kid friendly songs about boys having 'something special'.

Let me just ask this. What's the point of being famous if its for something That you're not! Then when everyone sees you as 'goodie goodie', and you do something wrong, you get attacked. Better to put yourself out there, than to get caught being you! Understand where I'm coming from?
PauseAndThink

Pro

PauseAndThink forfeited this round.
debator_debates

Con

debator_debates forfeited this round.
PauseAndThink

Pro

PauseAndThink forfeited this round.
debator_debates

Con

debator_debates forfeited this round.
PauseAndThink

Pro

PauseAndThink forfeited this round.
debator_debates

Con

debator_debates forfeited this round.
PauseAndThink

Pro

PauseAndThink forfeited this round.
Posted by Max.Wallace 8 months ago
Max.Wallace
I'd vote on this but I am a DDO Nigger.