DebateSpirit
Faroe

Miley Cyrus absolutely would win in the Asian v. Miley Cyrus case anyway.

DebateSpirit

Pro

_ There are indication that Miley's picture is illeagal in any US laws ( http://www.law.cornell.edu... ),

( http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk... ),

_There are no significance evidence say that Ms.Cyrus picture was racist or just merely a naive joke.

_Slanted eyes is not a sign of Asians, not all Asians have slanted eyes, by believe so the Asians who sued her were actually very stereotypical.
Faroe

Con

_ There are indication that Miley's picture is illeagal in any US laws ( http://www.law.cornell.edu...... ),

( http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk...... ),

_Slanted eyes is not a sign of Asians, not all Asians have slanted eyes, by believe so the Asians who sued
her were actually very stereotypical.

So, let's go one by one ( Perhaps my English could be crappy but forgive me )

For the firt point, I would say that she wasn't only accused for just 'discrimination' but was also
accused for 'libel'( Maybe 'insulting' is better ).
I guess it definitely isn't exactly on the constitution, but the purpose of the constitution is to protect
human rights and recording them in 'standards of justice'.
Meaning, based on the logics of classic standards of principles of law, she can enoughly be judged guilty.

For the second point. Following your logics about court cases, there can never be crimes with 'intention'.
For example, there's a murderer. And if he says "I killed him accidently" or "I killed him for fun(naive joke)"
Then, do you think the judge would say " Okay.. manslaughter."?
And how can you ever call it a naive " JOKE"?

For the third point...
Let's assume that some other singer did the same thing with 'blacks'
He painted himself black and permed his hair like African. He holds an African instrument with him
So he's accused for the same thing. Are you going to say "Not all Africans are black, because there are
many of them 'brown', or albinos, or even some artificial caucasians like Michael Jackson"?
I kind of exaggerated, and you're correct that not all Asians have slanted eyes.
However, I'm pretty sure that if you make a mathmatical diagram of the slope of Asian eyes and Caucasian eyes,
there would be visible, not just visible, but such great difference.
You might say it is a stereotyping for 'them' to think so. But. those people 'knew' that Whites have stereotyped
so they accused Miley Cyrus for the 'intention' of doing it. So technically, it's not stereotyping but the own pride.

I didn't know about this case AT ALL so thanks for this thingy.
DebateSpirit

Pro

Hello, and thank you for accepting this debate.

"For the firt point, I would say that she wasn't only accused for just 'discrimination' but was also
Meaning, based on the logics of classic standards of principles of law, she can enoughly be judged guilty."

First of all my friend, what's your evidence that she actually insulted someone, or insulted any races or remarks of anybody? I didn't know closing your eyes while taking a picture is against this country's law.

"For the second point. Following your logics about court cases, there can never be crimes with 'intention'.
And how can you ever call it a naive " JOKE"?"

I didn't say that can never be crimes without "intention.", but rather can anybody prove that she has that intention in her? I don't know.

"For the third point...
so they accused Miley Cyrus for the 'intention' of doing it. So technically, it's not stereotyping but the own pride."

If we flow with your logic, then I can say that most of the America cartoon artists are all guilty, they all painted African American with brown-black ink and give them curly hair, to Asians they draw them with slanted eyes, so should we arrest them all now? How do you know if that's a discrimination act or that singer is just want to show his love for Africa and African? If we say closing your eyes while taking pictures, then open your eyes while taking them is insulting the Caucasian?

Jewish, Pakistani, Indians, Iraqis, all this people from these countries that we usually call the Middle East are actually Asians, but we don't see them having slanted eyes, so they don't have their own pride as being Asians?

the defendant is found "not guilty".
Faroe

Con

Thanks for quick reply. I thought you wouldn't really post anything because it has been a long time since you started the debate.

"First of all my friend, what's your evidence that she actually insulted someone, or insulted any races or remarks of anybody? I didn't know closing your eyes while taking a picture is against this country's law."

- I think I explained something like that in the previous post for the second point.
「For example, there's a murderer. And if he says "I killed him accidently" or "I killed him for fun(naive joke)"
Then, do you think the judge would say " Okay.. manslaughter."?」

"I didn't say that can never be crimes without "intention.", but rather can anybody prove that she has that intention in her? I don't know."

- You didn't say that can never be crimes without intention, right.
But you wrote "There are no significance evidence say that Ms.Cyrus picture was racist or just merely a naive joke."
The word "racist" you put there ususally is used for actions but is more used for general intentions or ideas.
Namely, what you wrote basically meant "There are no significant evidence say that she had an intention"

"If we flow with your logic, then I can say that most of the America cartoon artists are all guilty, they all painted African American with brown-black ink and give them curly hair, to Asians they draw them with slanted eyes, so should we arrest them all now? How do you know if that's a discrimination act or that singer is just want to show his love for Africa and African? If we say closing your eyes while taking pictures, then open your eyes while taking them is insulting the Caucasian?"

- I totally admit that I had errors in my example. But the point of example wasn't on it but on the part the singer
makes excuses. Forgive me for a confusing and visibly different example.
Love? If what Miley Cyrus did was for love, she would have donated money for African foundations or something.
When you were in high school, have you seen kids imitating what others do?
Why do you think they do it? In most cases I've seen, it was in purpose of making fun of others.

If you've seen the picture, you can see that her friends all pull their eyelids to make it look slanted.
That's totally different with just closing their eyes.
But your question about opening eyes becoming caucasian discriminationis still interesting.

This world has been totally dominated by caucasians. And this world makes people think the normal criteria of
human beings as caucasians.
I'm kind of sure that if it was an ancient times, Asians who saw rare caucasian might have made fun of them by
pulling their eyelids, noses, and putting makeup totally white.

Sorry for many errors, and thank you again
DebateSpirit

Pro

Thank you again for my opponent newly developed argument:

"I think I explained something like that in the previous post for the second point.
「For example, there's a murderer. And if he says "I killed him accidentally" or "I killed him for fun(naive joke)"
Then, do you think the judge would say " Okay.. manslaughter."?」" I believe you got me on the wrong idea, my question was actually "How do you know that that picture was actually showing discrimination?", your example is irrelevant, because the judge already knew that the man have already killed the other person, then he'll ask why did you kill the guy. In this case, the "judge" totally has no evidence to indicate that Ms.Cyrus here is insulting someone, then how can that "judge" ask that "Why did you kill the man."?

"- You didn't say that can never be crimes without intention, right.
_ Yes, that's true my friend, but again to be able to arrest someone for their intentions of a crime, that person need at least to have some actions that indeed PROVE that him/her is intending to do some thing, for an instance, I maybe assault you in the midnight, though I didn't kill you, but it's enough to prove that I have an intention to kill you. Otherwise, if intention is just a thought, then I think everybody once in their lives have that intention to kill, rape, have sex with somebody.

"- I totally admit that I had errors in my example. But the point of example wasn't on it but on the part the singer

But your question about opening eyes becoming caucasian discriminationis still interesting."
_ Base on this picture ( http://shouldntbegaming.files.wordpress.com... ), I think Miley Cyrus did a normal pose that most people do, pulled her eyelids downward, I think most of people do it in a pose, even I did it when I pose my picture, is that a matter? About love, how do you know Ms. Cyrus have never donated anything? What if she donated in shadow, without media attention? In that case, maybe Miley has some love.

"This world has been totally dominated by caucasians. And this world makes people think the normal criteria of
human beings as caucasians.
pulling their eyelids, noses, and putting makeup totally white."
_ Do you know that there are Caucasians around the world had donated for good causes for the Asian countries? Either Miley is racist or not, we shouldn't drag anybody's race into this.

So my points had been given, Miley Cyrus picture is a private matter, even if she post it on her blog, it's still a private matter. Secondly, if just a picture be taken and somebody will go to jail, I don't think those who made fun of African Americans and Jews can still live until today, which to say that those who wear the KKK robe and have the Nazi sign will be in jail. Finally, there are no signs, no nothing to be a solid evidence that Miley Cyrus is racist or trying to insult somebody.

Thank you for this debate.
Faroe

Con

You're right. There's no definite clue showing she is racist.
Thank you for the debate. You are the victor
DebateSpirit

Pro

DebateSpirit forfeited this round.
Faroe

Con

Faroe forfeited this round.
DebateSpirit

Pro

DebateSpirit forfeited this round.
Faroe

Con

Faroe forfeited this round.
Posted by DebateSpirit 7 years ago
DebateSpirit
Thank you for my opponent's participation.
Posted by DebateSpirit 7 years ago
DebateSpirit
I think all these suing things ain't no for some pride, I think it's because of money, Who sued somebody for 4 billions for some pictures with slanted eyes. I don't see the African Americans sued anybody for wearing the KKK robe.
Posted by Xer 7 years ago
Xer
"Unless of course they meant 4 billion yen or something, which is probably enough for a cup of coffee and a pair of underwear out of a vending machine."

Hahahahahahhahah
Posted by leet4A1 7 years ago
leet4A1
Hahahahahaha! Man oh man, 4 billion dollars for that? Unless of course they meant 4 billion yen or something, which is probably enough for a cup of coffee and a pair of underwear out of a vending machine.

Also, who didn't do the old "Chinese, Japanese, dirty knees, look at these" when they were young? That's rite of passage stuff.
Posted by Xer 7 years ago
Xer
The case never made it to court.

If it did, Miley probably could've back-sued for her attorney fees.
Posted by Ragnar_Rahl 7 years ago
Ragnar_Rahl
4.... billion... dollars...

Does any REPUTABLE news source have a similar description?
Posted by Xer 7 years ago
Xer
Link:
http://www.tmz.com...
Posted by Alex 7 years ago
Alex
Kinda sad, if any average person did that nobody would do anything, just cause shes filthy rich. Dog eat dog world.
Posted by Ragnar_Rahl 7 years ago
Ragnar_Rahl
famous? Link to context?
Vote Placed by Switchlapse 7 years ago
Switchlapse
DebateSpiritFaroeTied