imabench
Stonewall

Miley Cyrus should go back to her home on Whore Island and not do anything on TV for 30 years

imabench
Started: 8/29/2013 Category: News

imabench

Pro

First round is NOT acceptance only. Go crazy
Stonewall

Con

Yeah, yeah, Miley made a spectacle of herself at the VMA's. Nobody contends that. It was overtly sexual to the point of ridiculousness- again, I don't think many would disagree. But c'mon... how many celebrities have done the same thing? Whore'd themselves out for ratings/sending a message/this/that/the other? Music videos have been doing that for awhile, too. What Miley did was no different. So, if you truly wish to send Miley to Whore Island, you'll have to send every other celebrity there too, every celebrity who acted out for attention. Charlie Sheen. Britney Spears. Madonna. Hell, the Beatles too; they're the kings of media milking. And as for not returning to television? What if, in another five years, she has a change of heart? I mean, look at her five years ago- she was Hannah Montana. She was the star of a cheesy, wholesome kids show. She sang, acted, kept herself and her image rather spotless. The jokes were clean; there wasn't even that knowing wink to the parents: "Yeah, this is kind of a sex joke, but the kids won't get it" like Spongebob does. The same thing could happen in another five years when she realizes how silly this stage of her life is. She could start pulling a Princess Di and be a major advocate for any number of world issues. But no, she's been banished to Whore Island with Charlie Sheen, and cannot use television to bring attention to her causes. Wouldn't that be a shame?
imabench

Pro

"how many celebrities have done the same thing? "

I havent seen anyone wage sexual jihad with a foam finger before.

"Music videos have been doing that for awhile, too. What Miley did was no different. "

Uh, It kinda was. Theres a difference between being sexy on a music video that no one is going to watch and then whoring yourself out like theres no tomorrow on the VMA's for no reason whatsoever. It also doesnt help that she did it while wearing a haircut that makes her look like a crackhead...

"So, if you truly wish to send Miley to Whore Island, you'll have to send every other celebrity there too, every celebrity who acted out for attention. Charlie Sheen. Britney Spears. Madonna"

Charlie Sheen, Spears, nor Madonna have done anything even close to as controversial and universally condemned as what Miley Cyrus did.... SPears had a hard fall but she lied low and did nothing for a couple years and now shes not an issue anymore, so if anything going to whore Island and shutting the f*ck up for a while is a good option for Miley here.

"Hell, the Beatles too; they're the kings of media milking. "

Now you shut your ugly whore mouth before I sh*t in it..... The Beatles have NEVER whored themselves out on TV via twerking in bikinis while using a foam finger to finger themselves good sir, so the Beatles do not belong on whore Island with Miley Cyrus

" What if, in another five years, she has a change of heart?............The same thing could happen in another five years when she realizes how silly this stage of her life is."

Name a single instance in the history of forever when anyone famous has ever gone from monsterously outrageous whore to little goody-good girl. Go ahead, TRY to find an instance, it has never happened though and theres no evidence to suggest that Miley will somehow pull it off. People fall down the mountain not up the mountain.

"She could start pulling a Princess Di and be a major advocate for any number of world issues"

She could also start doing cocaine and shave her head, which one sounds like its more in Miley's league?

"But no, she's been banished to Whore Island with Charlie Sheen, and cannot use television to bring attention to her causes. Wouldn't that be a shame?"

Only if you have proof that she actually will be good..... But anyone who has more then four brain cells can figure out that Miley isnt going to pull a massive 180 that big and will likely just keep falling down the mountain.

Miley is a massive whore, that has been conceded. The only argument against making her go to whore Island and staying off TV for 20 years that con has cooked up is "Well, uh, maybe she'll.... I dunno, be good from now on and stuff, right?". But thats not going to happen, especially with someone who has fallen as far and as fast as Miley Cyrus.

Stonewall

Con

*"I havent seen anyone wage sexual jihad with a foam finger before."

Not "same thing" as in exactly twerking on Robin Thicke and having a foam finger onstage. Same thing as in wearing little clothing onstage, performing sexual dances, etc. Lady Gaga, Madonna, Rihanna, Janet Jackson, the list could really go on. My point was obviously that this is not new by any stretch of the imagination, and what Miley did was, essentially, no different.

*"Theres a difference between being sexy on a music video that no one is going to watch and then whoring yourself out like theres no tomorrow on the VMA's for no reason whatsoever."

The exact difference between "being sexy" and "whoring yourself out" is up for debate; if it's the same act, you have to call it that. What, twerking in a music video for no reason is better than doing it on live TV? But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt- more people see the VMAs than the music videos. You got me there. But you seemingly ignored my statement preceding this: "Whore'd themselves out for ratings/sending a message/this/that/the other(.)" As I said in my previous point, this is not new. Look at the fifties- Elvis' gyrations and the Beatles' dirty song lyrics were social equivalents. Many thought, "Wow, they're being crude and dirty for no reason. What's this world coming to?" It's obviously a less extreme version of today's thought, but its power remains. And as for the haircut, I think we can agree that that has little to do with the actual debate.

*"Charlie Sheen, Spears, nor Madonna have done anything even close to as controversial and universally condemned as what Miley Cyrus did"

Charlie Sheen's constant bragging of his severe drug abuse (and the subsequent fan-base he received for doing so) is by far a worse message than one dumb dance. Granted, Sheen doesn't have as many teenage girls for fans. Britney Spears did plenty of sexy dances in her time, then snapped, shaved her head, did drugs, and can essentially be seen as a Miley for the 2000s. She *did* have a lot of teenage girls for fans, and has since recovered and is making a respectable comeback. And Madonna... Madonna's whole career has been based on her sexually explicit lyrics. Well, she's been doing it recently: http://thehill.com... - She's 55 years old, was once the biggest pop-star in America, and she's *still* exploiting herself! And as far as "universally condemned," that's frankly just a silly statement. So, people in Syria are Tweeting about her dance? China? Russia? Pssh, anywhere else, really? Yeah, of course you can find a couple, but I guarantee you nobody, even just a week later, cares. We do here in America for some reason, but this does not count for "universal." Media attention =/= "bad"-ness of the act itself.

*"The Beatles have NEVER whored themselves out on TV"
You can stop right there- they didn't use foam fingers, but were whores in similar ways. The Beatles were a boy-band- manufactured group of attractive young men who perform catchy pop songs about relationships that's heavily marketed to teenage girls. But this debate is not about the Beatles. If anyone would like to further discuss it, I'm for it.

*"Name a single instance... when anyone famous has ever gone from monsterously outrageous whore to little goody-good girl. Go ahead. TRY."

www.everydayhealth.com/addiction-pictures/0302/celebrities-who-beat-addiction.aspx#/
In short, Drew Barrymore, Kelly Osbourne, and Jodie Sweetin Maureen McCormick for those not mentioned. It's completely possible.

*The Princess Di thing was an extreme example, but other celebrities (see above) have sometimes made an attempt at similar redemption. They do speeches, talk out against drug use, etc. I have a few more arguments for my side than you do for "She is a whore, and thus, will always be one." Which is, of course, faulty logic- celebs have better opportunities for redemption.
imabench

Pro

"Same thing as in wearing little clothing onstage, performing sexual dances, etc"

Dude, theres a difference between swinging your hips to the beat when youre wearing a revealing dress and then fingering yourself with a foam finger in your underwear while someone ELSE sings.

"what Miley did was, essentially, no different."

Clearly it was because no one has condemned Lady Gaga or Madonna on the same scale that Miley Cyrus has been recently.

"The exact difference between "being sexy" and "whoring yourself out" is up for debate"

I think fingering yourself with a foam finger on live tv clearly falls into 'whoring yourself out' category

"As I said in my previous point, this is not new"

Oh thanks Captain Obvious I KNOW THAT ALREADY. Whats being discussed here is that Miley horrendously overstepped the line of what is considered horrendously whorish conduct on television, not that she acted outrageous on tv and was the only person to ever do so....

"as for the haircut, I think we can agree that that has little to do with the actual debate."

It kinda does considering it makes her look like a slutty Giraffe with down syndrome.....
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net...

"Charlie Sheen's constant bragging of his severe drug abuse is by far a worse message than one dumb dance."

What planet are you living on exactly? Charlie Sheen is the icon for many people thanks to his slogan 'Winning' and just being generally awesome. I should punch you in your vagina for saying he is even worse then Miley Cyrus....

"And as far as "universally condemned," that's frankly just a silly statement. So, people in Syria are Tweeting about her dance? China? Russia? Pssh, anywhere else, really"

If youre done being a retard then youll notice that I clearly meant nobody thinks what she did was ok, not that everyone from Zimbabwe to Mongolia thinks what she did was terrible....

"You can stop right there- they didn't use foam fingers, but were whores in similar ways."

Like seriously, let me know when youre done being an idiot because youre only shooting your argument in the foot by ludicrously claiming that Miley Cyrus is no different then THE BEATLES

"Drew Barrymore, Kelly Osbourne, and Jodie Sweetin Maureen McCormick "

Nobody knows who those last two people are and your link doesnt even work. Furthermore Drew Barrymore had a drug problem not a whore problem, and she also had the decency to keep her problems off the stage, unlike Miley who blasted on tv's all over the US.

"The Princess Di thing was an extreme example"

Ya think?

"other celebrities (see above) have sometimes made an attempt at similar redemption"

For every celebrity who nobody has ever heard of who kinda got their life back together later in life, 50 others crash and burn until their untimely death..... The odds are surely not in favor of Miley turning into a 'Princess Diana', its likely shes going to keep doing stupid sh*t on tv and so for the sake of humanity she should go back to her home on whore Island and stay off TV for 30 years

==========================================================================================

Con's argument for why Miley shouldnt be quarantined to whore Island for what she did is basically: "So what?" since his previous argument about her likely getting her life in order wasnt that strong to begin with.

Basically, Miley went full retard at the VMA's, and you never ever go full retard...... Child stars with a ton of problems never suddenly turn good and nice on a whim, the truth is they continue to try to do more outrageous stuff to try to get more attention until people stop caring or until they die. Miley is likely going down the latter path and therefore, she should go back to her home on whore Island and not do anything on TV for 30 years.
Stonewall

Con

*"...fingering yourself with a foam finger..."

Dude, you really need to let the foam finger thing go. You say fingering as if she actually put it in her hoo-ha. She caressed herself with it. Big whoop. For the revealing dress vs. underwear thing, Google these names with the term 'skimpy': Rihanna, Lady Gaga, Madonna, Miley Cyrus. Wow, they've all worn similar outfits onstage! *Why didn't you just post a link?* Because it's common sense that skimpy clothing comes with the female pop star territory; it's actually expected at this point. And Miley *did* sing onstage with Thicke, so that point is useless.

*"...no one has condemned Lady Gaga or Madonna on the same scale..."

Remember when Lady Gaga wore a meat dress? We freaked for a week, then let it go. Remember when Madonna released 'Like a Virgin'? We freaked for a week, then let it go. Remember when Miley danced with Thicke? Huh, see a pattern here?

*"...'whoring yourself out' category..."

I only said "The exact difference between "being sexy" and "whoring yourself out" is up for debate" because more whorish things have been done in music videos. Go ahead, watch a couple of these. The foam finger thing doesn't seem so bad now, does it? http://whatculture.com...

*"...Miley... overstepped the line of what is considered... whorish conduct on television"

http://www.thefrisky.com... - Whoo, that took all of five seconds to find. If you think Miley's sexy dance is the most explicit thing on TV these days, you live under a rock. Sex on TV is everything short of nipples and penises.

*The hair thing. Again. Sure, it's a dumb haircut, but when the debate is "Should Miley be banned for being a whore?" you are wrong, pure and simple.

*"I should punch you in your vagina for saying [Sheen] is even worse then Miley Cyrus...."

Oh, I guess I didn't realize I was arguing with a 12-year-old. Lewd insults and applauding Sheen for "being generally awesome" despite the fact that he encourages drug use and essentially gets paid for doing so ("Oh, Sheen has a big stoner fanbase, let's put him in our commercial!"). You do realize this is by far worse than Miley doing a dance, right?

"...retard... I clearly meant nobody thinks what she did was ok..."
Ooh, more insults! Then don't use the phrase "universally condemned." Bin Laden's actions were "universally condemned." Nixon's Watergate scandal was "universally condemned." Not Miley's skimpy dance. That's ridiculous, and a far worse exaggeration than the Princess Di example I used.

*This argument isn't about the Beatles. End of discussion.

*"Nobody knows who those last two people are... furthermore Drew Barrymore had a drug problem not a whore problem, and she also had the decency to keep her problems off the stage..."

The last two were some of TV's biggest stars (Full House, the Brady Bunch) in their respective decade. I admit that Barrymore's problems were drug related and not so much sex related. But do a bit of research for Barrymore... the entire pop culture world followed her descent, even more so than Britney Spears. Barrymore was *the* child star gone bad: drinking at 11, snorting coke at 13, rehab at 14. And she was followed heavily by paparazzi. Compared to her, Miley *does* look like a goody-two-shoes.

*"Con's argument... is basically: 'So what?'"
Yeah. You hit the nail on the head. "So what?" Yeah, Miley's acting kind of whorish. But even with the foam finger thing, the underwear onstage, the dirty dancing, she's hardly breaking new ground. It's like you're trying to ignore the fact that other celebs do these things. All of these celebs have had their 15 minutes of sexy infamy. Now it's Miley's turn, and someone will take her place 6 months from now. So, yes, my argument is, "So what? Big deal. Who cares?" Unless you admit that all of these sexy celebs should go to whore island, your argument has no ground. Zero. I rest my case.
Posted by funwiththoughts 3 years ago
funwiththoughts
Con seems to, like many, have fallen for the illusion that Miley WAS once Hannah Montana. Hannah Montana does not exist, she never existed. She is a character, PLAYED by Miley.
Posted by funwiththoughts 3 years ago
funwiththoughts
I think the difference between what Miley did and the actions of Sheen and Madonna is that Miley actually has a reputation as a good role model for kids and teens. Neither Sheen nor Madonna can claim that, Britney may once have been seen as such but by now everyone knows she's a psycho.
Posted by Stonewall 3 years ago
Stonewall
I'm guessing you mean, "or." Yes, I am in my second year of college.
Posted by imabench 3 years ago
imabench
Have you two even been to a high school of a college?
Posted by Stonewall 3 years ago
Stonewall
Exactly, my friend. Exactly.
Posted by funwiththoughts 3 years ago
funwiththoughts
Hang on a minute, Charlie Sheen has fans? I always thought he was just famous for being universally hated.
Posted by Stonewall 3 years ago
Stonewall
She caressed herself and a fellow performer onstage with one.
Posted by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
She did what with a foam finger?
Posted by cjm324 3 years ago
cjm324
Why take such a dig at Miley??? Look around most women celebrities or singers dance half naked in all music videos!! Its not just Miley??? Don't hate the player hate the game.
Posted by Stonewall 3 years ago
Stonewall
Ah, you're right. Well, best of luck to ya!
Vote Placed by Juris_Naturalis 3 years ago
Juris_Naturalis
imabenchStonewallTied
Reasons for voting decision: I'm voting for Pro simply on the basis that Con didn't realize he/she was having a troll debate with the king of trolling.