NBB_Lover
Random_Man

Miley Cyrus

NBB_Lover

Pro

Many People think Miley Cyrus is a bad role model but I disagree with that. She may have done things like the Vanity Fair photo shoot that people disagree with like myself at first but after seeing behind the scenes photos I have know changed my mind and would like to stand up for her.
Random_Man

Con

First off I would like to thank NBB_Lover for making this debate. Now that that's over to the issues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Many people think that Miley Cyrus is a bad role model. I am one of those people I think she is a horribly despicable person who should be ashamed of even being alive. She is one of the most idolized teen performers out there all of the little girls and more of the little boys than a lot of us would like to admit know her, idolize her, and want to be just like her.
The New York Post says that "Miley, one of the most famous young performers in the world, is projected to be worth $1 billion by the time she's 18" which is amazing almost record breaking but that just proves that she is really famous and it's not among the adults. It's among the impressionable kids as a Disney channel star she has an obligation to never do anything that can be leaked to the children (OUR FUTURE) and damage their minds.
As you should know Miley Cyrus has been trying to break away from her alter ego Hannah Montana evidence of this is on her second album entitled "Breakout" and once only once she mentioned wanting to quit the show. Right after this Disney went into damage control making sure every one knew that she was under contract and she would leave when they were good and ready. Now she has a new tactic erase her goody two shoes persona notice (by searching for your self) that she now dresses skimpier, arrives at work later, and is just acting a plum fool. How do we know that this Monster this evil person hasn't purposefully tried to taint our children's eyes with smut just to fulfil her plan just to get fired. She is a detestable person who doesn't even deserve the label Human.
People think she's a bad role model and for good reason she is a bad role model she even had the nerve to say that Lohan and Spears weren't bad just struggling I mean anyone who can try to make excuses for them can't be a good role model.
She is a horrible person with a horrible show which by the way is also a bad influence but I won't get started on that now I'll save that for the next round.

(your turn)
NBB_Lover

Pro

Personally, I disagree with what you have to say, Random_Man. In my opinion, Miley Cyrus is a good role model to children of varying ages. Perhaps not the youngest children, for instance, but indeed for the audience the show was targeted at, pre-adolescents and young teens. The show provides a varied look into topics that might feature heavily in a young teen's life, for instance, breaking up with friends, boyfriends, etc.

"Now she has a new tactic erase her goody two shoes persona notice (by searching for your self) that she now dresses skimpier,"

Although she may seem to be dressing, as you put it, ‘skimpier', you have to remember, she's a teenager herself, and all teens go through a fad, (No matter whether they be famous or not,) where they want to create a look that makes them feel that they look pretty, etc. I'm not saying that this condones children to dress up like people years older than them, and perhaps she needs to think about the audience for her show, and her concerts, but the girl needs a break to be just that, a teenage girl.

"She is a detestable person who doesn't even deserve the label Human."

Personally, I feel this to be a bit harsh to talk about a child. People change as they grow up, and everybody makes mistakes sometimes. At one point in their life, everyone tries to be a rebel, and I don't think that just because she's in the spotlight, this should make Miley any different. In fact, the way you say she's going off the rails will only prove to kids that it's not a good thing to do.

"She even had the nerve to say that Lohan and Spears weren't bad just struggling"

To be perfectly honest, with all the news surrounding Britney, she's right, in essence, I don't suppose Britney is a bad person, but she's struggling both with her career, and with the drugs influence that she's under. There have been articles in which Miley has personally apologised to any fans she has who were offended by things, for instance, the Vanity Fair photoshoot, saying that it was never her intention to offend anyone, and that the photos were meant to be artistic. Realistically, no parts of her body were exposed to the cameras, so making comments that the photos were lewd and disgusting are unreasonable, once the public were shown the Behind-The-Scenes footage of the shoot, it proves that during the shoot photos were taken while, although completely covered, Miley was indeed wearing clothes at the time.

Well, I'll leave it at that for this round, take the floor, Random_Man!
Random_Man

Con

First off if you disagree with my opinion then that's your problem. But personally I couldn't care less. Now that that's over with back to the debate!!!!!!!!!!

"Although she may seem to be dressing, as you put it, ‘skimpier', you have to remember, she's a teenager herself, and all teens go through a fad... I'm not saying that this condones children to dress up like people years older than them, and perhaps she needs to think about the audience for her show, and her concerts, but the girl needs a break to be just that, a teenage girl."

This list of pics is to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt she is being inappropriate. I dare you to look at these and say otherwise.

http://media.movieweb.com...

http://www.glamorati.com...

http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com...

http://www.glamorati.com...

http://www.gossipgirls.com...

http://images.teamsugar.com...(1post_image-jessica_alba_011608_02.preview.jpg

http://regulus2.azstarnet.com...

http://www.fly92.com...

http://binside.typepad.com...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com...

Seem to be dressing skimpier? She is definitely dressing skimpier and I doubt this is a fad but if it is I'm scared to see where it goes. And you're right she does have the right to be a teenager but as you said this doesn't condone children dressing up like people years older than them. Only problem is that is exactly what she is doing and much more in these pictures that and more. I really don't think that counts as being a regular teen that goes in the out of control star category.

"The show provides a varied look into topics that might feature heavily in a young teens life"

It also features new ways to lie and cheat. The whole double life she portrays demonstrates that it's ok to lie about how you really are. It also teaches shallowness in the way that the main characters always fall for the incredibly cute guy or girl. Running jokes include lying to your parents, lying to your teachers, and lying to your friends and they don't always get caught. That's not a good example for pre-adolescents or young teens though usually the audience is much younger because though it's a show about teenagers Disney's biggest viewing audience is under 10 years of age.

"Personally, I feel this to be a bit harsh to talk about a child"

Come on now say it ain't so you have yet to discover the art of sarcasm it is obvious that I was using sarcasm to further impress my point onto the minds of the readers get in the game!!!

"At one point in their life, everyone tries to be a rebel, and I don't think that just because she's in the spotlight, this should make Miley any different. In fact, the way you say she's going off the rails will only prove to kids that it's not a good thing to do."

The fact that every person tries to be a rebel doesn't make her any less of a bad role model that just means until this phase is over she is a bad role model.

"In fact, the way you say she's going off the rails will only prove to kids that it's not a good thing to do."

So you're saying she's going off the rails? And are you saying it's a bad thing to do? because that's what it looks like and those are criteria are those of a bad role model.

Miley Cyrus is a poison corrupting our children's minds and she must be stopped she is the queen of evil open you eyes and see the truth. But even worse she's annoying.

Throwing it back to you now NBB_Lover do your thing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NBB_Lover

Pro

Good argument Random_Man. I thought pictures were not allowed but its fine.

"This list of pics is to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt she is being inappropriate. I dare you to look at these and say otherwise."

I understand what you are saying and I agree but I don't think that any of those pictures were supposed to be leaked onto the Internet. I am not saying that this condoles the fact that she took pictures of herself in her underwear but half of those pictures were of her having a good time with friends: http://regulus2.azstarnet.com...... , http://www.gossipgirls.com...... , http://www.fly92.com......

"Seem to be dressing skimpier? She is definitely dressing skimpier"

I see where you're are coming from but what she does in her own time is her business. Being a good role model isn't about how your dress it is about how you behave, and personally I don't think she has behaved badly.

"I really don't think that counts as being a regular teen that goes in the out of control star category."

By saying this you are implying that there is only one way to dress. Just because she is a teenage girl, who like most other teenage girls chooses to wear short skirts and bikinis she is not doing wrong. Are you saying that she should not wear mini skirts and short dresses? What do you want her to wear skirts down to her ankles? And are you saying that she should not wear bikinis? If you think she is dressing inappropriate you might want to take a look around you because unless I am wrong the majority of teenage American girls dress in the same fashion.

"It also features new ways to lie and cheat."

The whole point of the show is to do things wrong, lie and cheat as you say and then to correct it the right way at the end of the show. It is not teaching children to lie but to teaching them how to and how do deal with things properly and that there is consequences to your actions.

"The whole double life she portrays demonstrates that it's ok to lie about how you really are."

‘The whole double life thing' as you put it is not demonstrating that you should lie about who you are but she is trying to keep part of her life private form the rest of the world, her reason for having a secret pop star life is so that people don't treat her differently. And at no point on the show does she lie about who she is, as no one has asked her if she is Hannah Montana she has not had the opportunity to say no and lie.

"It also teaches shallowness in the way that the main characters always fall for the incredibly cute guy or girl."

That is your opinion. Some might not think that the main characters fall for all the cute guys or girls, and anyway in T.V. land everyone is good looking. It is nature to fall for the best looking. Animals choose a mate by the way they look.

"Miley Cyrus is a poison corrupting our children's minds and she must be stopped she is the queen of evil open you eyes and see the truth. But even worse she's annoying."

Again you might be being sarcastic but I think this is a bit harsh to say that she is poison and the Queen of evil. Basically you are saying she is evil and poison based on the way she dresses and the show she stars in. Lastly it is your opinion that she is annoying as most people I know enjoy her music and T.V. show, if she is that annoying why would she have been voted to appear in HSM2 by the public.

Ditto Random_Man
Random_Man

Con

Random_Man forfeited this round.
NBB_Lover

Pro

NBB_Lover forfeited this round.
Random_Man

Con

Random_Man forfeited this round.
NBB_Lover

Pro

NBB_Lover forfeited this round.
Random_Man

Con

Random_Man forfeited this round.
Posted by Random_Man 8 years ago
Random_Man
Please excuse my untimely manner in the answering of your debate my computers stupid and it's hard to get online but now I'm back and I will be answering your next round I guess having 5 rounds was a good thing after all.
Posted by NBB_Lover 8 years ago
NBB_Lover
Sorry about the 5 rounds thing it was a mistake and i didn't mean to click it
Posted by brittwaller 8 years ago
brittwaller
Five rounds is quite a bit for this...

Anyway, RE: Random Man's Pics: Well, she can pull her shirt halfway over her left breast and pucker her lips, that's for sure!
Posted by Random_Man 8 years ago
Random_Man
May I ask why five rounds? Don't you think that was a little excessive?
Posted by NBB_Lover 8 years ago
NBB_Lover
Well people obviously like her other wise they wouldn't have just brought her CD out in England
Posted by Harlan 8 years ago
Harlan
I have a hard time believing that she'll remain popular for very long. Her whole thing she's got going is completely dependant on the disney corporation. They'll use her until people are bored of her, and then they'll find some new superficial star to replace her. Then she will find herself without the help of disney anymore, and she'll fade from memory.
Posted by brittwaller 8 years ago
brittwaller
I've had two very annoying debates with this very title. Luckily for me they were only three rounders.
Posted by Wayne 8 years ago
Wayne
ironic? how so?
Posted by brittwaller 8 years ago
brittwaller
How ironic. Again.
Vote Placed by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
NBB_LoverRandom_ManTied
Reasons for voting decision: FAIL DEBATE... (checking the voting period debates, from Least To Most; by giving this a vote it won't be prioritized in the system above debates that matter.)