Andrew820
SJM

Milk chocolate is better than dark chocolate

SJM

Andrew820

Pro

Please accept this debate.
Andrew820

Pro

Reasons:
-Dark chocolate is bitter than milk chocolate. It contains more cocoa than milk chocolate. Many children don't like food that is bitter.
-Dark chocolate has more calories, fat than milk chocolate, and milk chocolate has more calcium than dark chocolate.
I will talk about more reasons in the next round.
SJM

Con

"Dark chocolate is bitter than milk chocolate. It contains more cocoa than milk chocolate. Many children don't like food that is bitter."

My opponent's point is that milk chocolate is better because it's not as bitter as dark chocolate, but it's subjective whether something tastes better if it's bitter or not. For example, I drink my coffee black, even though it is not as sweet as putting anything in. Therefore something being bitter may appeal to someone as better.

Dark chocolate has more calories, fat than milk chocolate, and milk chocolate has more calcium than dark chocolate.

Well yes that's true, but this depends on where you are at, and what I mean by this is that something having more calories may be good for an anorexic, and something having more calcium may be bad for someone who has too much calcium. Therefore it depends on the person's current situation.

However dark chocolate does make someone age less.
Andrew820

Pro

-Almost all the children in this world don't like bitter, my opponent is children, but not those adults who are drinking black coffee and don't put sugar in it.
-There're about 1/4 people in this world is overweighted, so I suggest those overweighted people don't eat dark chocolate. But overall milk chocolate tastes better than dark chocolate.

-Dark chocolate contains more artificial colors than milk chocolate. This is why the color of dark chocolate is darker than milk chocolate. And artificial colors are harmful to everyone no matter what body conditions they are.

SJM

Con

First, I would like evidence for the statement that almost all children in the world don't like bitter. Secondly, there are more than just children in the world, adults count.

Then my opponent assumes that because someone is overweight, that they want to lose weight. Milk chocolate isn't better for someone who is overweight and not trying to lose weight, in fact someone may be trying to gain even more weight.

"As you can see, Hershey"s Candy Coated Milk Chocolate is a composition of 29/43 x 100 ~ 70% sugar by WEIGHT plus some milk and chocolate modified with a bunch of emulsifiers, starches, waxes and artificial flavors." Milk chocolate also has artificial flavors.

Extend my age argument.

http://www.dyediet.com...
Andrew820

Pro

First, I said that dark chocolate has more calories but I didn't said BOTH can help lose weight. Second, I didn't said that milk chocolate has no artificial flavors, I only said that dark chocolate has more artificial COLORS than milk chocolate. Third, you can't only use Hershey's chocolate to compare because there are many different kinds or brands of milk chocolate. Fourth, if Hershey's chocolate has whatever problem, we can still eat other brands of milk chocolate.

You can't make a judgement or decision or comment based on limited information.
SJM

Con

My opponent starts off by saying that he didn"t say that both can help lose weight, and i never said he said that. What I said is that my opponent brought up the calorie point because of it"s weight correspondence, therefore I said that not everyone is trying to lose weight. So this basically made his argument about Dark chocolate has more calories therefore milk chocolate is better, useless. It is futile to say that both milk and dark chocolate can do something while trying to prove one of them is better.
My second point is that they"re both artificial things thus bad for health. Therefore they both cancel out.

Fourth, if Hershey's chocolate has whatever problem, we can still eat other brands of milk chocolate." Well in that case then this applies to dark chocolate as well. There are different types of chocolate that exclude the points that my opponent has made. If my opponent doesn"t let me use other brands, then this is a double standard.

Extend my age argument and vote con.
Posted by GrimlyF 1 year ago
GrimlyF
Con is correct.Dark chocolate has far more healthy ingredients than milk chocolate.I don't understand why it is described as "bitter" when there are many ways to make it sweeter.A 70% cocoa content is regarded as the best and healthiest type for ordinary consumption.It can be ground,flaked,broken up or melted and mixed with the "sweeter" ingredients of choice.Milk chocolate is mostly sugar and should be carefully rationed to children.Dark chocolate,used in moderation, will be a boon to health throughout your life.
Vote Placed by warren42 1 year ago
warren42
Andrew820SJMTied
Reasons for voting decision: "Dark chocolate is bitter than milk chocolate." "...my opponent is children, but not those adults who are drinking..." "There're about 1/4 people in this world is overweighted" All grammatical issues by Pro that caused me to have to re-read the statements 3-4 times, thinking I was missing something but no.
Vote Placed by Mysery 1 year ago
Mysery
Andrew820SJMTied
Reasons for voting decision: This is a fairly opinion based debate. That being said, Con's grammar was much better than Pro's. Con did a fair job of refuting Pro's arguments as well.