Milk is good for your bones

Definitions :

Milk : The milk of cows, goats, or other animals, used as food by humans.[1]
Bones : The dense, semirigid, porous, calcified connective tissue forming the major portion of the skeleton of most vertebrates.[2]

Rules :
1. No semantics
2. No trolling
3. No spamming
4. No profanities

The first round is for acceptance only. The debate will start in the second round. If you think that milk is actually good for your bones, feel free to join.

Okay, well this shall be my first debate on this site, so I hope that I do halfway decent considering. I suppose that I'm not supposed to state much on the topic and my position yet since you said we'll start in round two... So I suppose I'll just say good luck, or something of the sort...

First, I want to thank Pro for accepting this debate.

Here is why milk is bad for your bones :

Point 1 : Milk depletes the calcium from your bones

The milk myth has spread around the world based on the flawed belief that this protein and calcium-rich drink is essential to support good overall health and bone health in particular at any age. It is easy to understand that the confusion about milk's imaginary benefits stems from the fact that it contains calcium, around 300 mg per cup.

But many scientific studies have shown an assortment of detrimental health effects directly linked to milk consumption. And the most surprising link is that not only do we barely absorb the calcium in cow's milk (especially if pasteurized), but to make matters worse, it actually increases calcium loss from the bones.

Here's how it happens. Like all animal protein, milk acidifies the body pH which in turn triggers a biological correction. You see, calcium is an excellent acid neutralizer and the biggest storage of calcium in the body is - you guessed it... in the bones. So the very same calcium that our bones need to stay strong is utilized to neutralize the acidifying effect of milk. Once calcium is pulled out of the bones, it leaves the body via the urine, so that the surprising net result after this is an actual calcium deficit.[1]

2 : Milk increases fracture risks

Many scientific studies contradict the conventional wisdom that milk and dairy consumption help reduce osteoporotic fractures. Surprisingly, studies demonstrating that milk and dairy products actually fail to protect bones from fractures outnumber studies that prove otherwise. Even drinking milk from a young age does not protect against future fracture risk but actually increases it.

And the 12 year long Harvard Nurses' Health Study found that those who consumed the most calcium from dairy foods broke more bones than those who rarely drank milk. This is a broad study based on 77,761 women aged 34 through 59 years of age.[1]

Milk is bad for your bones because of those reasons. I have more sources that can strengthen my argument.[2][3][4][5]

Seems that there is more research in this as I thought. Although the fact that you copied and pasted practically everything that was in your post from one of your sources... You might have well just post the sources and leave. I wouldn't really call it a debate when you'd do something like that.

Although now that I've done research on it I can't think of much of a argument against you. I probably should have looked up the topic before I jumped right in. Since this is my first debate I hope that you can forgive my ignorance. Sorry for the waste of time, but I'm going to have to forfeit this debate xD

You shouldn't be sorry, I'm thankful that you can take part in this debate.

Since this means Pro FF this debate, I think the winner is clear.

Vote Con!

Yeah, I'll just post these so that you don't need to wait for me to 'time out'. Thanks again. Not exactly positive first experience but all experiences just benefit me in the long run.

That's very kind of you.

Well that's that... Thanks for the 'debate'.
Vote Placed by Magic8000 3 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Pro didn't even try.
Vote Placed by Ore_Ele 3 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Con presented some arguments which were never addressed by Pro. Pro did forfeit, which would normally cost the conduct, however, since Con basically C/P'd one source then threw others down without working them into the argument. This caused the conduct to be balanced out.