128ms
HankMG22

Minecraft 1.8 VS Minecraft 1.9 ( Pvp mechanics)

Started: 3/25/2016 Category: Games

128ms

Pro

So, basically as you know, Minecraft 1.9 added a new combat mechanics and there is now duel wielding and sword cooldowns. There is also different damage for different tools, and much more.

For The Fairness of This, I will use Minecraft Hunger Games ( Survive, build, there is a feast and then closing border )

Many people are angry at this because people like spam clicking, as people can be able to attack others quickly, such as in hunger games ( say the one on PhanaticMc [or also Riftmc.us also] ) The PvP feels more quick and fast paced. Also, there is more skill that is involved in 1.8 Minecraft, as you would have to have fast reaction and more control.

1.8: Minecraft ( This is my side that I would like to go on )

PROS:
- Clicking fast gives you a chance for you to be able to withstand a 2v1 (Huge)
- You do not have to eat food a lot
- Quick kills could be made
- More Fast-Paced

Cons:
-People have Lag when Fighting
-God Apples Are Very Over Powered
-Hacks ( Kill aura )

Now With 1.9, the changes are tremendous.

Pros:
- Able to attack with more power ( And shields )
- Regen faster for the exchange of food saturation
- Extra duel wielding gives extra slot for anything
- Tipped Arrows
-Lingering Potion
- Nerfed God apples

Cons:
- Lingering potion is a late game item, not good in hunger games
- Tipped arrows would be very powerful if a shot is landed
- Duel wielding will mean whoever gets to the feast wins auto because of all the food
- Slower Feel of PvP
HankMG22

Con

I will be debating for the 1.9 mechanics side. I hope this will be a good debate.

Minecraft itself is an ever-changing game. It has started from version 1.1 and has steadily risen until now, 6-7 years later, to version 1.9. Throughout the versions, there had been constant changes to every aspect of Minecraft, and now in 1.9 the combat mechanics have changed.

1.9 Minecraft PVP mechanics are ultimately better than its predecessor, 1.8, for these reasons: It is more realistic in terms of physics, it disables hackers who have hacks such as ClickBot, and finally it requires more skill than 1.8, whose winners were the ones who could click faster.
128ms

Pro

128ms forfeited this round.
HankMG22

Con

I will go on with my argument, even though my opponent has forfeit his round.

In this round, I will proceed to explain how 1.8 Minecraft PvP mechanics are better than 1.9 because it is more realistic.

Using 1.8 Minecraft mechanics, you can click as fast as you can with a sword at someone, and each hit will deal the same exact amount of damage when it lands. This is unrealistic in terms of physics because one cannot hit another person 9 times a second without the damage inflicted infinitely low.

This is what 1.9 PvP mechanics sought to change; now, you must time your hits for it to deal its full amount of damage. This is more realistic because when you load up your swing, you can do many times more damage than if you swing a sword to hit the opponent 9 times a second (the usual click speed of good 1.8 Minecraft PvPers.

I await Pro's response.
128ms

Pro

128ms forfeited this round.
HankMG22

Con

HankMG22 forfeited this round.
128ms

Pro

128ms forfeited this round.
HankMG22

Con

My argument stands. I await my opponent's rebuttal.
128ms

Pro

128ms forfeited this round.
HankMG22

Con

HankMG22 forfeited this round.