Iwillputanendtodebating
revic

Minecraft- A waste of time, or educational secrets?

revic
Started: 6/11/2014 Category: Games

Iwillputanendtodebating

Con

Hello, Personally, I think minecraft can be educational and non-productive, but I'm going to write out why I think it is non-productive.

A game I still play, that is very addicting. For some people, I know that they are hooked on minecraft. They play maybe 12 hours through a whole weekend. That's 6 hours in a day, or half the day in the screen! How do they do this? It is non-productive, having so many people missing out precious exam study time, which will add up to the university you get into, and your job, basically, your future. Sure, a bit is fine. If I had kids, I'd let them play maybe up to 4 hours in total on the weekend, and absolutely ban them from any time of games on weekdays. It will affect their school and homework. Wow I feel like a parent now.

Ok anyone's turn??
revic

Pro

I think Minecraft is in some way productive - just like all video games.

1) it serves as a good break

In your free time, you should be able to do whatever you want and what makes you happy. Minecraft is one of those games where you can simply dig in, and quit after 20 minutes. Or when you have more time, you can spend this time. Keep in mind that a person plays a game solely for their own amusement, during the time they don't want to be productive. An addiction however, does not make this game unproductive: that is entirely the fault of the player.

2) It can be a very social game

Playing this with your friend, on your own server, building a world is fantastic. It aids to friendships as minecraft functions as a world for friends to explore together. The necessity of working together and the adventure-style exploring truly improves friendships! I personally have had amazing times on it, feeling more connected to my friends than in real life.

3) Building your own world can be productive in a special way

You can't take your achievments home and live off them, no. But it is a great game as players will be satisfied with what they do in the game. They are small, mental accomplishments that do gain prestige within their friend groups. If you would take it even a step further, you could even get appreciation on youtube. Some people, like SyndicateProject, even live off their videos. That case is however very exceptional...

Good luck to con!
Iwillputanendtodebating

Con

Iwillputanendtodebating forfeited this round.
revic

Pro

NO! dear god no
Iwillputanendtodebating

Con

revic

Pro

Vote for me!
Vote Placed by Themba 2 years ago
Themba
IwillputanendtodebatingrevicTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF.
Vote Placed by Cold-Mind 2 years ago
Cold-Mind
IwillputanendtodebatingrevicTied
Reasons for voting decision: Again? :D