GameDebate
Dpowell

Minecraft Upgrades To OpenGL 2.1 For 1.7: Will Mojang Lose Money?

Dpowell
Started: 10/29/2013 Category: Games

GameDebate

Con

So, Mojang Decided To Make Minecraft 1.7 Advance Them Further Into OpenGL 2.1. Some People Who Play Minecraft Will Be Sad To Hear That Some Computers Dont Have The Right Graphics Card For Playing Minecraft 1.7.3,1.7.4 etc. I Am Against This Because I Am One Of The People Who Just Got The Message That I Will Not Be Able To Play Minecraft Ever Again Because My Graphics Card Is Not Comparable. On The Other Hand You Can Play Older Versions (Which May Barley Have Multiplayer Capability.) As A Fact I Really Like 1.7 But It Just Ruined It For Me In The Far Future.
Dpowell

Pro

It's not ruined. You don't have to play Minecraft on a computer, they have it for the xbox. For people like me who don't have it on a computer but on an xbox instead, we are saving alot more anyway. Any and all mods we get for free. You can enjoy the same luxuries if you have an xbox 360, you could easily play it and have some of the same mods for about $20.
GameDebate

Con

i know but what about the people without an xbox,tablet or ps3?
Dpowell

Pro

It is a problem yes but they should know that an xbox 360 and ps3 is cheaper than a laptop. A good laptop will cost around $400-$3000, while an ps3 is atleast $200-$350 and an xbox with a 4.0 gig memory unit is 300 dollars. Not to mention you could get mine craft on disc or download it via xbox for only 20$, and you kno't have to waste any money on mods, you just have to wait for them to be uploaded. The only thing you'll have to pay for other than the game itself are the skin packs and yet those don' t cost alot of money. They're each about $3- $10.
GameDebate

Con

well you can do that but some people are not comfortable with xbox and/or ps3 controllers
Dpowell

Pro

Dpowell forfeited this round.
GameDebate

Con

GameDebate forfeited this round.
Dpowell

Pro

Dpowell forfeited this round.
GameDebate

Con

GameDebate forfeited this round.
Dpowell

Pro

But they'll have to get use to it. They may not like it but everything's got to change eventually. Besides maybe one day computers won't exist anymore and game systems like xbox and playstation will take their place.
Posted by HungerGamesLover 3 years ago
HungerGamesLover
I agree with dpowell. I spend all my time on Minecraft and was elated to hear when 1.7.2 (the update that changed the world) came out. He's right. It's not ruined for you. You can play Minecraft on iPad iPod Xbox play station. So you wills till have Minecraft just not the PC version.
Vote Placed by Wylted 3 years ago
Wylted
GameDebateDpowellTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro answered all of con's objections effectively.