Fluffy123
sewook123

Minecraft should be banned in schools!

sewook123
Started: 3/5/2014 Category: Games

Fluffy123

Pro

This debate I hope to be fun for a lot of people. The first round is acceptance and opening argument. Second/Third: Arguing. Fourth: Closing argument and thanks. My opening: I believe Minecraft has no educational purpose at all. This is why I'm against minecraft in schools. Thank you.
sewook123

Con

I thank the pro for what is to become an interesting and fun debate.

As con, I believe that Minecraft should not be banned in schools.
It provides numerous benefits to the students.
Fluffy123

Pro

I think there are no educational purposes in minecraft if there is so please name some. Thank you.
sewook123

Con

Minecraft is considered a video game.
Therefore, it shares most benefits of many video games.
I will explain each benefits one by one.

1. Problem-solving Skills
Problem solving skills can be developed by playing Minecraft. One has numerous options to try and survive and ultimately, beat the game. One has to gain access to various resources overcoming challenges that may kill one. One needs to keep tab on one's health, hunger, and oxygen when swimming. The player has to observe his or her situation through an objective lens and make decisions to prolong his survival.

2. Creativity
Minecraft allows the players to play in three modes: survival, adventure, and creative. As the name suggests, creative mode enhances the player's creativity. In this mode, the player is able to select from countless different objects and blocks to create whatever he wishes. The player can build a stupendous castle or a small cottage. He can build a labrynth or a school. There are infinite numbers of possibilities of what one can create with Minecraft.

3. Educational
Minecraft can facilitate learning in both socials and sciences. In minecraft, the player needs to obtain resources to advance the technology he possesses and develop tools to make them more powerful and efficient. This aspect of Minecraft indicates the history of the human civilization: starting from basic raw materials (stone tools) to advanced technology (computers). In order to survive and complete the game, the player needs to obtain better weapons and armors. Also, in Minecraft, the player needs to mine the pre-requisite resources to create certain tools. For example, in order to make a bow, one needs to have sticks and strings. By mining Iron (Fe), the player can understand the durability and utility of iron compared to other resources. He or she can easily compare and observe the differences in qualities of wooden, stone, iron, and diamond tools and arms.

4. Social
Despite the popular beliefs that video games destroy one's social skills, they may actually help the player develop new friends. The current young generation views video games, including Minecraft, as a social hub. As they interact and enjoy the game together, they can build friendship, trust, loyalty and numerous other traits that are valuable in reality.

5. Preparation for the Future
Minecraft can, in fact, help one prepare for one's future. It teaches various skills and adapts its players on competitiveness of reality. Unfortunately, the students will face thousands of competition in their lives. By playing Minecraft, which fosters friendly competition, students can get used to and excel under similar circumstances.

6. Leadership
Especially in multiplayer mode, Minecraft nurtures leadership. There needs to be a player to make decisions and to lead his group to success. Even if there are several players making the decisions, it teaches them to listen to others' ideas no matter how different they are from his and impartially decide on their subsequent actions. As part of the group, the player will learn to accept his responsibilities and to fulfill them efficaciously.

7. Opportunity to Teach others
Minecraft can be a very challenging game for new players. It provides an opportunity for fellow students to step out of their comfort zones and teach their peers about the game. Along with other mentioned skills, the ability to teach is significant in the contemporary society.

I will stop at this point to give Pro a chance to acknowledge and rebut my arguments.
In response to Pro, there are educational benefits along with numerous others.
I request Pro to provide his arguments to substantiate his arguements.

I await Pro's response.
Fluffy123

Pro

First of all why the hell are video games allowed in school and screw you guys im going home.
sewook123

Con

Some video games are allowed in schools because of the benefits I have mentioned in Round 2 and numerous others.
With all due respect, I ask Pro to refrain from using offensive languages as debates are not meant to be personal; as Pro said in the first round, this debate is meant to be fun.

I also ask the Pro to provide his side of the arguments as I am highly interested in his opinions.

I will not post more arguments unless Pro states his.
I find no need to put in any more effort than I already have as Pro obvious has no interest in furthering this debate.
Fluffy123

Pro

plz vote for me
sewook123

Con

Pro has failed to provide his arguments and rebut any of my arguments.

Vote con!
Posted by jayqwed14 3 years ago
jayqwed14
are you kidding me , i believe you made this debate just to make people mad you should seriously re think your actions .
Posted by whosawhat64 3 years ago
whosawhat64
Fluffy devil gut lost. He Rage. He Dead.
Vote Placed by Wylted 3 years ago
Wylted
Fluffy123sewook123Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Ridiculous pro at the very least should provide a real argument. The fact he refused to actually debate is also a conduct violation.
Vote Placed by Zarroette 3 years ago
Zarroette
Fluffy123sewook123Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro asked what the benefits of Minecraft are, and Pro received answers, answers which were never met with counter-arguments.
Vote Placed by birdlandmemories 3 years ago
birdlandmemories
Fluffy123sewook123Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con's arguments in round 2 were easily the best of the debate.
Vote Placed by Krazzy_Player 3 years ago
Krazzy_Player
Fluffy123sewook123Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Only Con made arguments.