IsaacBigEars
Cotton_Candy

Minecraft sucks 3

Cotton_Candy
Started: 6/24/2015 Category: Games

IsaacBigEars

Pro

Minecraft sucks and is an below average game, first round is acceptance.
Cotton_Candy

Con

I accept this debate. PRO shall make his case on why minecraft sucks.
IsaacBigEars

Pro

Ok so minecraft is:
Laggy
Has bad graphics
Has lame combat
Plays the wrong music in the wrong time(minor)
Glitchy
Addictive
And minecraft did too much bug updates that shows its an unfinished product
Minecraft merchandise and handbooks are also expensive scams
Cotton_Candy

Con

PRO has made a variety of claims without providing any kind of evidences whatsoever. To rebut them I make the following assertions:

Minecraft :

• is not laggy at all.

• Has appreciatable graphics

• Has great combat

• Plays the perfect music at the perfect time(minor)

• not at all glitchy

• Addictive(I don't see why this is a bad thing, games are addictive ONLY if they are good.)

• And minecraft did too much bug updates that keeps on fixing its problems.

• Minecraft merchandise and handbooks are also very affordable.

Now it's my word against PRO's. But since he has the burden to prove that Minecraft sucks, I have an upper-hand over him.

Will add more in the upcoming rounds.

Over to you PRO.
IsaacBigEars

Pro

Con had also claimed assertions to REBUT me without providing any kind of evidences whatsoever too. So to make it more detailed, I will begain my support on why minecraft sucks. In fact con is just saying the opposite of everything. Im using the "scenario " method to see whether the voters would agree that its true in some scenarios.
Lag-
Lag in big TNT explosions.
Hanging in pvp(very raging)
Everybody freezes and realise they have the same lag situation
Glitchy-
Seeing a x ray of caves after a big explosion
Getting stuck in between a block when logging into a server or fall into the void and see an enderdragon?(mindplex has.
)
Using gliches to cheat like the cops n robbers camping cheat.
Great combat?
You swing a sword one way and your left hand is useless. No variety in weapons and only different in material. Especially bows do not have a different material(save more for the future).
Plays music at the perfect time-
Listen to the gameplay music which is relaxing music. They play randomely when fighting, exploring or building, all peaceful.
Appreciative graphics-
The game is badly pixelated. And you are supposed to like low paid graphics? Ubisoft graphics are appreciative.
Addictive-
Its addictive BECAUSE you cant stop playing the game as there are so many things to download and do.
Addiction is bad because you can get distracted from work, throw tantrums when stopped and doing, talking and thinking minecraft
But that are not the consequence:
The consequence is that
They can have lack if sleep
Affect their studies(no mood to study but play)
Have fever
And worst of all die from exhuastion.
Affordable merchandise.
They are affordable but considered expensive for their merchandise.
A plastic hard slime sword which is too dangerous to be fought is $24 and a minifigure of sky and some of his stuff are $34.
The toys are ment for display. You dont actually need the handbook as you can just surf the net. Kids just want to feel happy of having a book of their favourite game
Cotton_Candy

Con

‘Con had also claimed assertions to REBUT me without providing any kind of evidences whatsoever too.’

PRO is the one who has made the assertion that ‘Minecraft sucks’ so he bears the entirety of the Burden of Proof and has to create a constructive case to support his assertion. As CON in this debate, all I need to do is cast enough doubt on his arguments and make them at best appear shaky, if not negate it.

‘Im using the "scenario " method to see whether the voters would agree that its true in some scenarios.’

Without evidences whatever you say will only be considered as cooked up stories that don’t have any ground PRO.

PRO’s case:

All the arguments that PRO has made till now are opinionated and biased. It’s a list of what he feels is bad in the game and that in no way can make the game itself bad. For example let’s consider a hypothetical person ‘A’ who hates chicken. To him the taste of the bird might appear weird or disgusting but that doesn’t mean, that it is so, for everybody. Hence, to uphold the resolution PRO must make an objective case on why Minecraft sucks.

Over to you PRO!

IsaacBigEars

Pro

Con claims that it is only me who carries the burden of proof. But he also HAS to carry his burden of proof, the proof that minecraft is a good game.
Con accuses me cooking up stories, well the voters will see.
Con also accused me that mine supports are opinonated and biased, but that is what debating is all about! To support your opinions! The opinions page in DDO is going to spark some convertsy and would increase the number of debates.
Now con has to rebut my supports in the next round or this would be a debate not on topic.
Cotton_Candy

Con

“Con claims that it is only me who carries the burden of proof. But he also HAS to carry his burden of proof, the proof that minecraft is a good game.”

No, that is not my responsibility. As the person who made the claim and as the instigator you have the whole burden of proof to show that your claim is true.

“Con accuses me cooking up stories, well the voters will see.”

Sure. But if I were you I would start racking up OBJECTIVE facts to support my claim rather than just subjective complaints.

“Con also accused me that mine supports are opinonated and biased, but that is what debating is all about! “

If we were discussing opinions then this would be a discussion NOT a debate. You have one more round, a last chance to fulfil your burden of proof which is to show that Minecraft actually sucks, not just for you alone, but for everyone. Hope you have understood what your position in this debate entails.

Over to you PRO, awaiting solid arguments.

IsaacBigEars

Pro

Its already too late. This is now a debate on how debates work. With con failing to debate on the topic.
So then con claims to make my assertion shaky or best negate it. by making it shaky and negate it, he is rebutting.
The definition of rebut is:
To PROVE that a statement or a change made against you is false.
http://www.ldoceonline.com...

Now debating is all about opinions, but if you are not convinced, i can use a few sources...
Addictive-
http://minemum.com...
Main source-
http://www.thetoptens.com...
Cotton_Candy

Con

Concluding statements:

“Now debating is all about opinions, but if you are not convinced, i can use a few sources...

Addictive-
http://minemum.com...;

No, debating is about giving logical ground to your opinions so that it doeasn't just apply to you alone, but to everyone else too. And I stand by my assertion that a game being addictive isn’t a bad thing. It actually shows that the game is good. You don't get addicted to games that are bad and unpleasant, or in your words, suck, don't you?

And this debate isn’t about whether Minecraft is addictive or not, you have to show that minecraft sucks and you have to show it by rationally establishing that such claims actually make minecraft suck.

“Main source-

http://www.thetoptens.com...;

This is just another page full of biased subjective arguments.

“Its already too late. This is now a debate on how debates work.”

And there is no one else to blame, but you yourself. You made many claims like mine craft has bad combat, plays bad music, low graphics, etc. But you didn’t give any logical reasons as to why such things actually make mine craft bad. For example taking the issue of bad combat, it is, but a purely subjective issue, can you label flappy birds as a bad game simply because there is, no combat? How does combat become a criteria for deciding the quality, one might experience, from a game? PRO has failed to answer any of these questions, which he was supposed to under his BOP, in his case.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Con in this debate it was my job to negate or cast enough doubt on PRO’s arguments and I believe I have done it adequately.

Vote CON!

Vote Placed by doomswatter 1 year ago
doomswatter
IsaacBigEarsCotton_CandyTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro did not define the criteria for determining whether a game "sucks", leaving this debate in the realm of opinion. Con wisely chose not to engage in hashing out opinion, instead pointing out Pro's lack of objective evidence. Pro listed his opinion of several elements of Minecraft, but did not show why we should accept those opinions as evidence that Minecraft "sucks". Pro did not fulfill his burden, and Con has successfully negated.
Vote Placed by Sashil 1 year ago
Sashil
IsaacBigEarsCotton_CandyTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro failed to fulfil his burden. His position required him to establish some kind of objective criteria that qualifies something as bad or 'suck'. Anyhow con pointed thus out and he negated pro's claim so arguments to pro.