IsaacBigEars
Commondebator

Minecraft sucks 5

Commondebator
Started: 6/25/2015 Category: Games

IsaacBigEars

Pro

First round is acceptance.
Commondebator

Con

I accpet

Definition of sucks:

1.to draw (as liquid) into the mouth through a suction force produced by movements of the lips and tongue

2. to draw something from or consume by such movements
3. to apply the mouth to in order to or as if to suck out a liquid

http://www.merriam-webster.com...

Pro has not labeled the correct definitions, so I will go ahead and do that for him. Your welcome pro

Good luck
IsaacBigEars

Pro

Sorry for this misunderstanding but im saying minecraft is bad.
http://www.oxforddictionaries.com...
As i was saying this is why minecraft sucks:
So minecraft sucks bacause:
Laggy
Bad graphics
Lame combat
Wrong kind of music during the wrong time(minor)
Glitchy
Unfinshed product as there are TOO many bug fixes which seemed like they planned it from the start to keep it fresh.
Addictive
Minecraft merchandise and handbooks are also expensive scams.
I will save my words and will debate more later.
Commondebator

Con

Im calling unfair conduct on pro. I had the intentions to accept this debate under the correct, cited definitions. Even pro's own source on the definition on suck has nothing to do with "bad". So we can safely assume (according to Pro's source) that he agrees with the definiton of suck.

My Case:
Anyway, minecraft cannot suck because its basically a virtual world programmed by a computer and has no abilities to suck (like this debate.)

Bonus Parody Song:
I look, at Pros definitions and I see its all lacking
While this debate gently weeps.
I look at this website and I see it needs sweeping,
Still Mikal Gently leaves...

I dont know why...Nobody informed you...
About how these semantics work
I dont know how you would pick your stance
Now youve been bought and sold too

I look at this debate and I see that it is turning
While this debate gently weeps
With every undefined word, you must surely be learning
Still that Mikal gently leaves...

I dont know how you got distracted
You used them slang terms too
I dont know how...You never noticed about these semantics
No one alerted you

While this debate gently weeps.
Still Mikal Gently leaves...

Based off of "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" By George Harrison, Beatles

Orginial Song:

https://www.youtube.com...;
IsaacBigEars

Pro

/facepalm
Commondebator

Con

Here's the thing

When you create a debate you have to clearly label all the definitions to avoid people accepting on the different definitions. I already showed you the correct definitions of "suck" and your own source , had nothing to do with your intended definitions. Which means, you agreed with my definition because your own source says so!

Now, I can easily discard your arguments because this was unfair. I labeled my own definitions, and now your changing the definition of the word? That's really unfair

You even gave the source to your own intended definitions and it had nothing to do with "bad".
Commondebator

Con

My Case from round 2:
Minecraft cannot suck because its basically a virtual world programmed by a computer and has no abilities to suck (like this debate or any other website/game)

Poor graphics, music, or gameplay does not change the fact that a game cannot draw liquid through a suction force. Pro has yet to refute my correctly defined stance.

Also, you cannot use subjective claims to describe weather a game "good or bad". This is irrelevant however, Pro has used nothing for comparison for something to "suck" therefore the game can be viewed as perfect.
IsaacBigEars

Pro

So minecraft does suck... IN THE VR WORLD! Make a pool of water and let a piston open in the bottom of the pool to let all water come down to a sponge chamber, which will absorb all water.
Commondebator

Con

When you say "Mine craft sucks", you are saying, that the game itself is literally sucking.

This is not about the things *inside* the game, however the game itself. So, you have yet to fulfill your bop.
Posted by cathaystewie 1 year ago
cathaystewie
@Preston

haha sorry for my lack of context. Let's just drop the argument and demonstrate our beliefs in a more constructive way by voting. Cheers!

cathaystewie
Posted by Preston 1 year ago
Preston
@Commondebator true, you definately won this, he should have debated the definition. But he didnt... oh well.

@cathaystewie
1) I'm not upset, im stating if pro refutes his definition and the only response con has is a whimper and "its not fair" then I will drop them.
2)When I posted It was Round 1 and Round 2, So it was a redefined definition, then a "thats not fair".
3)again no refutation, you obviously dont have the context of my posts.

You posted without my context, you also assumed I was upset for some reason, please dont make assumptions, you know the whole assumption thing, yea..
Posted by IsaacBigEars 1 year ago
IsaacBigEars
Now there is a debate between 4 people.
Posted by Commondebator 1 year ago
Commondebator
Pro...wtf....
Posted by cathaystewie 1 year ago
cathaystewie
@Preston

1. chill
2. strictly speaking, it's upon the PRO side to define any key terms, and if PRO doesn't do so, then CON is more than welcome to exploit this loophole and define it in such a way that favours him/her
3. This is a definition debate. CON has argued on the dispute that is the definition of "sucks", therefore CON has in fact delivered legitimate arguments

CON has not once stepped out of line, and I'm afraid I can't say the same for someone who intends to "drop someone so hard"
Posted by IsaacBigEars 1 year ago
IsaacBigEars
/facepalm
Posted by Commondebator 1 year ago
Commondebator
Preston, even if you were basing this off of an argument, you cant really say it was an amazing argument since his entire rebuttal was "/facepalm" on round 3
Posted by Preston 1 year ago
Preston
Con i would drop you so hard if you tried this in an actual debate "Now, I can easily discard your arguments because this was unfair. I labeled my own definitions, and now your changing the definition of the word? That's really unfair" Debates arent always fair, you should debate that the word suck applies more to the resolution, thats how this works, its irritating you tried to noob snipe but yet you still failed!
Posted by Preston 1 year ago
Preston
Also, his source definitely relates to bad, remember there are different interpretations of a word, if you scroll down on his citation you see that he is siting the formal version of suck - something unpleasant or difficult. its on that site. If you dont debate him you lose because you put up no refutation to his statements.
Posted by Preston 1 year ago
Preston
Con even if we give u conduct he gets arguments because you have none, and definitions can be debated, thats part of how debate works, like abortion, its all about definitions. You lose unless you actually debate.
Vote Placed by imabench 1 year ago
imabench
IsaacBigEarsCommondebatorTied
Reasons for voting decision: pro didnt properly define sucks :P