DavidScherer123
demonlord343

Minecraft

demonlord343
Started: 3/28/2014 Category: Games

DavidScherer123

Pro

Minecraft is awesome
demonlord343

Con

To start us off, my opponent claimed simply Minecraft is awesome. Thus, these must be the terms:
1. It includes ALL Minecraft versions. Including the earliest version..
2. No servers, since they can change and add things to the game itself.
3. Minecraft with no mods, texture packs, or anything else that adds to the game.

Reasons:
1. I am not entirely sure which one you are referencing, so I must assume all versions of the game. They are not all identical...
2. Servers can change aspects and parts of the game for the better, or for worse. Thus, we can not include servers into it.
3. Mods and/or texture packs are not Minecraft. This could be like comparing Doom 3 (PC) to its many modded forms, which can make the game better or worse. For example, in Doom 3 (Original Version) you could not hold the flashlight while shooting your gun. However, with a mod, you could have the light be held while you had your gun out. This changed the game, especially when you are getting attacked by monsters and it took time to switch between the flashlight and the gun. Now, you could shoot and see at the same time, which not only made you able to survive without losing a lot of health, but you could now move through the game a lot faster.

Minecraft is about the equivalent as Pac-man. Some people remain completely addicted while some find the game as a last option for when they are completely bored out of their skull seeing how playing the game requires minimal skill to accomplish anything...

Even graphically wise, its maybe a little better than Pac-Man, but overall, the pixelation of it seems really boring and gives to me a childish feel with them being blocks..

I found the similar playing styles of games with a lot better graphics and a slightly different mob engine, such as 7 Days to Die, be much better than Minecraft itself.. I even appreciated Rust a lot more than Minecraft..

However, since the debate is on whether it is awesome or not, we must define what an awesome game is.

A awesome game is one that can continually hold massive amounts of people without boring them... It makes people continuously addicted...
Minecraft does do that, but it has trouble sometimes getting an audience..

An awesome game will be graphically superior along with sound at its time, and with Minecraft, this is not true..
It does not graphically dominate any game, and thus, here it has clearly failed.

An awesome game is one that will often produce new functions to a game unlike a predecessor or any other game of its kind. With Minecraft this is NOT true.. the functions of placing blocks to build things is not a new function. Minecraft is and was a combination of old functions from other games and put into one. This hasn't always made a game awesome, so the fact that it does this function does not add to its overall awesomeness...

Combat... oh, the combat has to be awesome, right? Well, here is where Minecraft also fails. Minecraft's basic combat is with either a bow, or a sword. This is very simple, yet the combat is still somewhat difficult... I find this to be a bad function, especially when the combat is simple. The distance parameters of a zombie are extreme. They can hurt you from an incredible distance, and a zombie usually can not do this in most games.. I have never seen a zombie with Mr. Fantastic arms... The skeleton's archery is beyond incredible. They usually have pinpoint accuracy, unless you are running your tail off, and that function was not part of the earlier versions.

Overall, we can see that Minecraft is unique in some forms. But is it awesome? No, it is not awesome. It does not meet the requirements for a game to be awesome.

On a more personal note, the music makes me very tired very easily.. and it can get really annoying..
DavidScherer123

Pro

DavidScherer123 forfeited this round.
demonlord343

Con

Extend all arguments + :

Also, since Minecraft is an indie game, it has reached some insane potential and a vast audience. It made it to the consoles, which is really impressive. But, since my opponent still just said Minecraft is awesome, we still must incude all versions of the game since most (Console versions cant go back to the earlier versions of the game) are playable, they must be part of the discussion.

As from a personal standpoint, I consider the console versions of Minecraft to be modded. The recipes are all lined up for you, and it took that function from the game of finding out how to build things (this is a minor function, especially when most can just google it whilst playing)

I consider this to be a very bad thing to do to keep Minecraft originality amongst the consoles. I am pretty sure that they could have done a much better job with that then having the recipes there at your disposal to examine and use with phenomanal ease.

I hope my opponent responds in round 3. I look forward to a counter-argument.

Thank you for the debate.
DavidScherer123

Pro

DavidScherer123 forfeited this round.
demonlord343

Con

So... my opponent didn't respond.. Please, vote Con!

Posted by nato1111 2 years ago
nato1111
Well then is will be interesting for the instigator because he will fail because it should have been is minecraft better then another game not just minecraft is awesome it's not it's rubbish without mods
Posted by Iphoenmastr 2 years ago
Iphoenmastr
The guy who started the debate claims to be 109 which is a pretty un legit age for someone to be playing minecraft but that's my opinion. I play minecraft and I use mods but I only like the 1.7.4 version and I'm 26. Sorry I was a little OT...
Vote Placed by Matt_L 2 years ago
Matt_L
DavidScherer123demonlord343Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro never provided any arguments, therefore Con's arguments, spelling and conduct were the best. Neither side used sources.
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
DavidScherer123demonlord343Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro ffed, gaining clear loss
Vote Placed by Zarroette 2 years ago
Zarroette
DavidScherer123demonlord343Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con provided substantial reasons as to why Minecraft isn't awesome, and Pro merely asserted one thing.