wingnut2280
Scyrone

Minimum Wage and Labor Unions

Con Tied Pro

wingnut2280

Con

Your profile supports labor unions and opposes the minimum wage simulataneously. Just wondering how this was explainable. Aren't labor unions responsible for workers rights which are primarily concerning wages and the like? So, how do you support it on one hand and deny them on the other?

Just curious.
Scyrone

Pro

I'm against the government creating a minimum wage. I'm for Labor Unions. They don't have an in between button. I do not think labor Unions should bother with wages, but then again, they help workers in a different way by possibly supplying healthcare, pension, help to organize strikes, etc. I just don't think they should be involved in wages.
wingnut2280

Con

Why? Why have labor unions deal with every money matter other than wages. Surely wages are one of the most critical aspects of workers rights. How can you support workers rights on one hand and rebuke them on the other? Do you claim that they are mutually exclusive, because there isn't a way for them to be that you have made me aware of. I just don't see how the two positions are possible. Its like saying the ball is blue and not blue simultaneously.
Scyrone

Pro

Labor Unions do not need to support minimum wages. I do not believe in minimum wages because everyone should be able to work for the money that they earn and the raises that they get. If you want money hard enough you will work for it. No minimum wage should be instituted because of this example:

If I worked at a fast food restaurant for 1 yearm and at the beginning of the year I earned 5 dollars an hour, which was minimum wage. After a year of working there, I get a dollar raise. This would mean by the end of the year I would be earning six dollars. Now, the minimum wage is increased to 6 dollars. Just before the increase my boss highers a lazy employee who does not do his work properly and just sits around and moans all day. After the increase, after all my hard work, the lazy employee gets tha same amount of money as I do. This is unfair.

I believe Labor Unions should be something to fall back on when in trouble, not a necessary part of a job.

"Its like saying the ball is blue and not blue simultaneously."

Not really, it is more of saying the ball is part blue and part black, but moreso blue than black.

And why do we need four rounds for this, especially when you are "just curious"?
wingnut2280

Con

Labor unions typically support things like the minimum wage. Your position is like supporting PETA and wearing fur.

I made it four rounds because I expected a debate about workers rights.

This is why we need either a messaging system or a cancel debate button.
Scyrone

Pro

No, my position is not "like supporting PETA and wearing fur".

It is just difficult for you to grasp such a concept that nothing has to be absolute. I do not have to be exactly for or against something in the exact way it is portrayed. Unless it was meant for that way, then it does not apply. I can be for some things in Labor Unions and against some things they want. It is very possible. Your way of describing it though is illogical. This is not a black and white situation. It is a rainbow-like situation.

Your position is more: "You have to be either Pro for Labor Unions or Con for Government controlling everything". It is not necessary.
wingnut2280

Con

wingnut2280 forfeited this round.
Scyrone

Pro

My opponent did not offer a closing argument. I saw the flaws in his argument, pointed them out, and carried on with life. My position still stands. It is possible to support labor unions, but still go against Minimum Wage.

For example, I can support Star Wars, but that does not mean I have to support the Jedi.

I can support the troops in Iraq, but I don't have to support the War.
Posted by steelear 2 months ago
steelear
dangal
dangal review
dangal movie review
dangal rating
dangal movie rating
dangal reviews
dangal ratings
Vote Placed by Scyrone 7 years ago
Scyrone
wingnut2280ScyroneTied
Vote Placed by josh_42 8 years ago
josh_42
wingnut2280ScyroneTied
Vote Placed by Shorack 9 years ago
Shorack
wingnut2280ScyroneTied