TrippyMcBake
Youraverageunicorn

Minimum Wage should be ablolished

TrippyMcBake has forfeited round #2.
Started: 10/23/2017 Category: Economics
Updated: 1 month ago Status: Debating Period

TrippyMcBake

Pro

The minimum wage debate has been such a partisan issue for so long and has been a rallying call for people for both ends of the spectrum to fight over what a basic human needs to survive. By raising the minimum wage, the cost of living is only bound to increase or slowly adjust to what the new minimum would be. This would inevitably create another problem down the road and again, raise the issue of "Increase or Stay the Same". On the flip side, people who are against the increase are on the right track except it would force them to maintain a defensive position. It would continue to cause families to struggle to get by and make ends meet.
If the minimum wage was abolished, companies could have the ability to expand and adjust to the new economy. Big companies wouldn't pay people less than there job is worth because the company would struggle to survive due to the lack of motivation of the workers. Yes, the rich would stay rich and the people on the low end of the spectrum might not have the nicest things, but I feel as though this solution would expand the window of opportunity for the low income families but allow them to make ends meet and support a family. The possible ripple affect could be that people might live happier lives if the cost of living adjusts so it is suitable. People may begin to weigh the option of starting a family because it will be easier to afford essential items.
I'm doing a paper in Personal Economics and thought i would see what the option is out there.
Youraverageunicorn

Con

I'd like to thank my opponent for making this topic and I just want to start off my first argument By saying what I will be arguing.

Financial issues-we're far in debt
Jobs- jobs have minimum wage for a reason

I'm looking forward to your argument.
Posted by What50 1 month ago
What50
I mean minimum wage should be O dollars. You are paid for your skills and ability, if you feel that you are not entitled to getting compensated for your skills than you have every right to ask your boss for a raise or quit.