Snowcop
CAPLlock

Minimum Weights for Models

Snowcop

Pro

This is the Acceptance round. The debate is about whether or not there should be a Minimum Weight set for models.

Ex. You have to be at least ___ lbs to be a model.

And I'm not quite sure how I would categorize this so I put it as Health since that is what my argument will be about :)
CAPLlock

Con

I concur.
Snowcop

Pro

There should be a minimum amount of weight for models. There are many reasons why.

First there is anorexia for the women and girls outside of the modeling world. Anorexia is a growing problem with women of all ages. From elementary school through college, girls are looking at all kinds of magazines where they see models that wear size zero clothing. Where they have legs so thin and stomachs so flat or caved in it looks fake. When some girls see this they become self conscious and start to STARVE themselves. Anorexia is something that cant be cured with a snap of fingers. Its hard for those girls and women to start eating again. It becomes an obsession. With the models looking 90 dang pounds just encourages starvation.

Then there is anorexia for the women and girls that model. Should 14 year old girls have to be extremely under weight just so they can model?! Should ANYONE have to be extremely underweight so they can model? This is ridiculous that the modeling agencies will have these women and girls starve themselves so they can look 'pretty'. It doesn't look pretty. It looks disgusting. Have they ever thought of the health of these people?

Finally there is the business aspect of the weight of the models. Lets say that a clothing store is trying to sell to pre teen girls. What mother in their right mind would EVER let their young daughter go shopping in a store where the models they use look like they are a Barbie doll? What mother would let their daughter look at a magazine like that? Unless they want their daughter to feel like she weighs too much and needs to start going on a diet and this and that so they think they look beautiful, I don't think most mothers would. In the end that is just hurting the business.
CAPLlock

Con

CAPLlock forfeited this round.
Snowcop

Pro

Snowcop forfeited this round.
CAPLlock

Con

CAPLlock forfeited this round.
Snowcop

Pro

Snowcop forfeited this round.
CAPLlock

Con

CAPLlock forfeited this round.
Posted by Ore_Ele 5 years ago
Ore_Ele
Speak for yourself. I'd like to see a good portion of models pass from starvation. lol.
Posted by blackhawk1331 5 years ago
blackhawk1331
Both max and minimum. We don't want fat people, but people shouldn't be starving themselves.
Posted by waylon.fairbanks 5 years ago
waylon.fairbanks
Hmm, I prefer a maximum weight.