Farooq
acetraveler

Minimum wage should be under a municipalitie's jurisdiction to set, or disregard.

Farooq

Pro

Currently, in my country at least, the level of minimum wage is determined by provincial legislatures, and I belive it is similiar in the United States as well. Yet does this really make sense? Provinces, states, and nations can be very large entities, and no one can really argue that West Vancouver or Manhaatten have the the same sort of living expenses as those in the BC interior or Upstate New York? Rather it should be looked at on a more local scale, with living expense of the exact region taking precendence over a broad average. There is no need for criminality in labour oridnaces- municipal fines should be adequante in enforcing the rules set by the City or County.
acetraveler

Con

But if your arguments realized, business proprietors who have much labor expenses can move their company from the cities of higher minimum wage to the cities from lower minimum wage.
And, government of cities have more weak power than government of province or nation. Business proprietors can more easily pressure to the government to the city so the law of minimum wage can be more easily changed. Also you can say workers can also do the same thing, but usually, capital is faster than labor. Weak people like workers should help each other and make the labor unions to keep their rights. The more workers help each other, benefits for workers like law of minimum wage can be more guaranteed. If the government of province or state still control the law of minimum wage, workers can more easily speak their arguments and easily pressure governments because they can find the conversation partner more easily because the conversation can be more unified than your suggestion. In addition, if your suggestion be realized, cities who have lower income than other cities can be more pressured to reduce the regulation of the companies because they need more tax income.
And, the purpose of minimum wage is keeping the minimum lives of workers. Also I can admit each provinces of Canada, America, my nation(Korea), and many other countries have the different level of prices, but the unified minimum wage can provide the more stability of the level of prices to the country in the long run because people can more easily predict their labor income so they can easily plan their expense for consumption. If we consider consumption is the powerful factor of the level of price, we should more cautious control of the factors of consumption like the wage.
Finally, could you elaborate on "There is no need for criminality in labour oridnaces- municipal fines should be adequante in enforcing the rules set by the City or County."? I don't exactly understand what your words mean.
Farooq

Pro

Farooq forfeited this round.
acetraveler

Con

Farooq, please reply against my writings in the round 1. If you do not, you have lose this debate.
And, brian_eggleston. Anyway, You won the debate. I think my mistake is more serious than yours in the debate. Still, I have less talent than many other debaters in this site. I must train more and more in this site. So, brian_eggleston, I enjoy much in my first debate with you in this site, but I challenge you next time. I think you are one of the high-class debater in this site. Debating with you will also be a good game.

And my spell and grammer are not better than the things of others in this site. Just I check again and again my writings so you can misjudge my English is better than others.
Farooq

Pro

Farooq forfeited this round.
acetraveler

Con

Everyone, please vote me because I have right to win with this debate.
First, Farooq only show us his own writings. But, He does not any response related to my opposition. It is his abstention. I waited his response, and even I demanded his reply. But He didn't anything. So, You have to vote me to my win.
Second, My oppositions in round 1 exactly pointed out the weak point in the opinions of Farooq.
(1)Farooq said : Provinces, states, and nations can be very large entities, and no one can really argue that West Vancouver or Manhattan have the same sort of living expenses as those in the BC interior or Upstate New York?
My response : But if your arguments realized, business proprietors who have much labor expenses can move their company from the cities of higher minimum wage to the cities from lower minimum wage.
And, government of cities have more weak power than government of province or nation. Business proprietors can more easily pressure to the government to the city so the law of minimum wage can be more easily changed. Also you can say workers can also do the same thing, but usually, capital is faster than labor.
(2)Farooq said : There is no need for criminality in labour ordinances- municipal fines should be adequate in enforcing the rules set by the City or County.
My response : Could you elaborate on "There is no need for criminality in labour ordinances- municipal fines should be adequate in enforcing the rules set by the City or County."? I don't exactly understand what your words mean.
(3)Farooq said : It should be looked at on a more local scale, with living expense of the exact region taking precedence over a broad average.
My response : the purpose of minimum wage is keeping the minimum lives of workers. Also I can admit each provinces of Canada, America, my nation(Korea), and many other countries have the different level of prices, but the unified minimum wage can provide the more stability of the level of prices to the country in the long run because people can more easily predict their labor income so they can easily plan their expense for consumption. If we consider consumption is the powerful factor of the level of price, we should more cautious control of the factors of consumption like the wage.

And I declare this debate is over. See you next time. Debaters!
Posted by NorthBabylonBulldog 8 years ago
NorthBabylonBulldog
Con by default, I guess?

AceTraveler, hang in there. I give you a lot of credit for debating in a foreign language, especially one as difficult as English. Your English is still far better than my Korean :) .
Posted by Donlatt 8 years ago
Donlatt
People still think minimum wage works?
Posted by brian_eggleston 8 years ago
brian_eggleston
Whoops!

I meant "talking about"!

Now I feel silly!
Posted by brian_eggleston 8 years ago
brian_eggleston
Hey Acetraveler!

Do you see what I was talikng about in our debate about translation now? Your spelling and grammar beats your opponent's flat! You are still a better debater, even in a foreign language!
Posted by acetraveler 8 years ago
acetraveler
I want to debate with you. But I can't find many of means of your words in the web dictionary so I can't exactly understand what your argument. Please check spells in your writings.
Vote Placed by Ike-Jin-Park 4 years ago
Ike-Jin-Park
FarooqacetravelerTied
Vote Placed by Farooq 8 years ago
Farooq
FarooqacetravelerTied
Vote Placed by liberty 8 years ago
liberty
FarooqacetravelerTied
Vote Placed by NorthBabylonBulldog 8 years ago
NorthBabylonBulldog
FarooqacetravelerTied
Vote Placed by brian_eggleston 8 years ago
brian_eggleston
FarooqacetravelerTied
Vote Placed by acetraveler 8 years ago
acetraveler
FarooqacetravelerTied