ProfessorJake
IntellectualThinker

Minimum wage

ProfessorJake

Pro

Rules

1. No plagiarism; Don't copy someone else's work and claim it as your own.

2. You may only troll when things get completely out of hand.

3. Con may argue first, but in the 4th round, he/she must type "I shall make no arguments, as agreed upon."
IntellectualThinker

Con

someone can work an hour and earn 10 dollars, and they dont deserve it

say mcdonalds, if it is opened the first time, it wont get much people, so employees have to be discharged if say they deserve 10 dollars but the company didn't earn enough money.
ProfessorJake

Pro

I thank my opponent for accepting this debate.

Rebuttals

Employees don't deserve 10 dollars in an hour

Alright. Since that person employed as a worker in McDonalds, then I assume that minimum wage is $10. We can't really have a debate about this between you and me, as I believe that employees do in fact, deserve 10 dollars in an hour, and you don't, and we can't really debate that.

Discharges

Let us say, it grows (Can be due to advertisement, etc). More are going to purchase their products. So, if that employee works an hour again in the next year, and the owner of the government received so much more, then, that employee can receive that money he/she earned.

Presentations

1. Say, the employee worked for a year, the owner of the company can only pay him a dollar without the minimum wage, and the government may be able to persuade the owner to pay more, but can't oblige him/her to, as that person owns the company. However, with the minimum wage, at least you receive more (But less than actually earned through effort).

I await my opponent's next set of arguments.
IntellectualThinker

Con

IntellectualThinker forfeited this round.
ProfessorJake

Pro

ProfessorJake forfeited this round.
IntellectualThinker

Con

ProfessorJake

Pro

ProfessorJake forfeited this round.
IntellectualThinker

Con

Posted by Sean_Norbury 2 years ago
Sean_Norbury
We should increase the minimum wage because it is the morally right thing to do. It at least needs to be raised for those aged 18+. Why wouldn't it be beneficial to increase the minimum wage? There are no numbers supporting the nonsense about it hurting businesses. Tackling the issue of American greed would be more beneficial than anything a piece of legislation can do though.
Posted by Swift-Silent-Deadly 2 years ago
Swift-Silent-Deadly
I do not believe our Con participant lives up to his name considering his opening statements. I would however, like to hear your theories as to why it is beneficial to increase the Minimum wage.