Miscellaneous Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Urban Living vs. Suburban Living

AppleAddict439
Caden335

Let me start off this off by saying that I am thankful for the challenger to have accepted this debate. Now, all accordance behind us, i will attempt to make my position. My first argument of why Urban living is better than Suburban Living is that the Suburbs (American Suburbs) have been designed in such a way that it removes a few of the basic human community principles: 1. Walking from one place to another on two legs. The majority of the time, you need a car to get around the suburbs. Y...

Voting Period
3 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

One high quality rap battle

Masterful
NDECD1441

MASTERFUL VS NDECD! One rap to rule them all....

Voting Period
10 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

Purushadasa is not a good debater.

JimShady
JediDude

This challenge is open to anybody who thinks that a fellow DDO user, Purushadasa (http://www.debate.org/Purushadasa/), is a good debater. The goal for Pro (me) will be to demonstrate why Purushadasa is NOT a good debater. The goal for Con (you) will be to demonstrate why Purushadasa IS a good debater. Burden of Proof is shared on both sides. It's hard to prove is someone is "good", but at least attempt. I know this debate might be a little cold-hearted, but I'm really fed up with Purushadasa....

Debating Period
32 Comments
Updated 8 Hours Ago

Crystal Amaquelin vs Storm (Ororo Munroe)?

SegBeg
Masterful

First debate I've done in nearly a year! First round is acceptance. This debate is a superhero debate about which hero would win. I've chosen Crystal- an Inhuman who can control the four elements: earth, air, fire and water and Storm/Ororo Munroe- a mutant who can control the weather. I will be arguing that Storm would win a fight between the two heroes. My opponent will be arguing that Crystal would win. This is just a regular conversation so no sources or anything are needed (though you may r...

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 5 Days Ago

Who will get the most votes?

JimShady
Emilrose

Hello. This is a debate to see who will get more votes. There is nothing to debate about, we will just see who can get the most votes, and whoever does wins. So I guess good luck. To voters: vote for whoever you feel like. To challenger: all you gotta do is accept! Once again good luck!...

Voting Period
32 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

world war 3

wilfredmay
Nd2400

It's true that we haven't had a major punch up for 70 odd years and with a possible united states of Europe (also know as the Eu) could do what happened when Germany formed in the late 1800s which shifted the powers in Europe which caused ww1, with British exit from the united states of Europe (praise tea and kek) means that we should see status quo remain and this could keep peace in Europe for the next 50 to 60 years as long as the rest of Europe doesn't invade Great Britain we should be fine....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Rap battle

NDECD1441
Masterful

Hi! I want a rap battle Alright usual rules, first round acceptance, 16 bars, no forfeiture. Good luck....

Voting Period
25 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Rap battle

NDECD1441
Moelogy

Hai! I want to rap battle somebody for more experience. The usual rules apply, first round is acceptance. Don't forfeit and good luck....

Debating Period
8 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Diversity is a strength

BBWlover
platoandaristotle

I'll be arguing that racial diversity is not our strength. To suggest otherwise is delusional and lacks common sense in regards to race relations. It's obvious that attempting to integrate the races have failed and a multi racial society has yield us very negative circumstances in America and in the west - race riots, discrimination, Jim Crow laws, transatlantic slavery, genocides, white flight, persecution, and less social cohesion and capital. There is very little to gain from racial diversity...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

Rap battle

NDECD1441
JimShady

I haven't been doing a rap battle for a while so I decided to try again. Don't forfeit and 1st round is acceptance. Good luck....

Voting Period
13 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago