Let's have a debate just for fun my friend. I do believe in the Creator of the Universe but I dislike the Judeo/Christian version of him however. It seems to me that based on Judeo/Christianity as a whole; for example this Great God who decrees doesn't seem like a very nice god according to some of the information found in the Holy Bible. Honestly my friend, no offense to you; I hate the Judeo/Christian god Jehovah and to claim otherwise would not only be intellectually dishonest of me but also cowardly for choosing to withhold evidence about my religious preferences as a misotheist. I need evidence backing up your position against mine. Why are you Con/Against Misotheists? Do you serve Jehovah out of love or fear or perhaps both? I have evidence right now that I will attempt to use to justify my valid position as a misotheist so here it is LaughItUpLydia: go to for more information my friend. Let the games begin!

I accept. Thank you for instigating; this will be interesting! I enjoy debating Xxzefd.

Misotheism = hatred of god(s)

Christian = belief in the God of the Bible and that He loves us

We agree to these definitions. Basically, I will argue that God loves us and this is justifiable, and Pro will argue that Misotheism is the right way to go. I will let Pro take the first arguments to be fair.

Since you are arguing that the Creator of the Universe loves us and you believe this is justifiable I will then attempt to provide a rebuttal that he is not. I don't know for sure if you are aware of this but there is just too many versus in the Holy Bible that actually vindicate my religious position as a misotheist. I'll provide you evidence right now! 1.) Zephaniah 1:2-3- I will sweep away everything from the face of the earth, declares the Lord. I will sweep away both men and animals; I will sweep away the birds of the air and the fish of the sea. The wicked will have only heaps of rubble when I cut off man from the face of the earth, declares the Lord. Jeremiah 25:29- See, I am beginning to bring disaster on the city that bears my Name, and will you indeed go unpunished? You will not go unpunished, for I am calling down a sword upon all who live on earth, declares the Lord Almighty. Genesis 7:21- Every living that moved on the earth perished- birds, livestock, wild animals, all the creatures that swarm over the earth, and all of mankind. Of course Genesis 7:23 shows how every living thing was annihilated all except for Noah and those animals and humans which were on the ark with him. These are good reasons so far I hate the Creator of the Universe because he destroyed the entire human race and he's only going to do it again along with the rest of the world. He is my sworn Arch-Enemy respectively my friend and to state otherwise would make me a hypocrite to my own beliefs. Now it's your turn to counter my rebuttal!

The flaw in Pro's argument of Misotheism is that he believes there is a God and doesn't give an valid debate for why he believes that a God who hates us would create a world filled with awe-inspiring creations. Why, then, would God make such incredible designs which show love themselves? If He really hated us he would create us to make us miserable and with complete obstructions that disable us from normal aptness. Don't you think he would love to watch us stumble over everything we try to do? And if he hates us--assuming evolution happened--why did he let us evolve into such complex creatures?

Basically, Albert Einstein proves why there is evil (but God is not evil) from a scientific perspective. Since this is a topic of science and philosophy I will include this in my argument.

You might be mixing up 'God' with 'religion.' Remember, since I am arguing FOR the Christian God, you are arguing against the claim that the Christian God loves us. According to the Bible (and, for that matter, what I believe in), God is a Trinitiy: God the Father, Jesus/God the Son, and the Holy Spirit. These websites explain what the Trinity exactly is.
If you don't know how different 'religion' is from Jesus, I encourage you to watch this video.

The concept of free will is much more plausible than saying God is the reason for all evil. If you're going to believe what is said in Zephaniah and such, you can't just pick out the violent events that might've happened in the Bible. In the Beginning of this earth there was 6 days that God created all things. The point is that when he created human kind, it was straight out.

"These are good reasons so far I hate the Creator of the Universe because he destroyed the entire human race and he's only going to do it again along with the rest of the world."
You are misunderstanding God's Word, God's character, and God's creation by saying this. Free will is the reason for the horrible things in this world. And as a side note, do you honestly believe that the entire human race is "destroyed"?

Taken from the website [] I will show you why your "evil bible" source is innaccurate in a lot of ways. It makes two major assertions:

1) the Bible is full of horrible atrocities, and 2) the Bible is full of contradictions.

Look at what "got questions" website says about "evil bible's" argument:
"...It focusses on the command of God for Abraham to sacrifice his son Isaac. Obviously, they claim, since God initiated this request, and human sacrifice is abhorrent, surely this proves the Bible is not anything produced by a loving and good God. But where"s argument in this area fails is that the web site"s writers don"t understand that God never intended for Abraham to sacrifice his son to Him; the story is a powerful narrative typology of God Himself sacrificing His own Son Jesus for the sins of mankind. And whereas Abraham was stopped by God from going through with his act, God Himself did not stay His own hand when it came to His Son, and the end result was salvation for all who would believe in Him."

It also says, quote, "The Bible is a spiritual book, and while it exhibits what is called perspicuity (clarity of expression) in regard to its core teachings, there are spiritual significance and lessons for much of what the Bible speaks about, and only those who have been quickened by God"s Spirit will arrive at their true meanings (1 Corinthians 2:14). For example, Leviticus 19:19 says, "Do not mate different kinds of animals. Do not plant your field with two kinds of seed. Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material." Critics look at this obscure Old Testament passage, laugh, and reach the conclusion that God doesn"t want people to wear wool and polyester blends. However, in this case God was using physical things to act as reminders of spiritual principles. He was telling Israel not to mix their pure religion with the pagan religions that literally surrounded them; they were not to be syncretistic, but instead they were to be devoted to the one true God and not assimilate other pagan teachings."

Here are my only rebuttals:

Pro says "He is my sworn Arch-Enemy respectively my friend and to state otherwise would make me a hypocrite to my own beliefs."
Use commas in between "respectively" and 'and' otherwise your sentence doesn't make much sense. ;) But anyways, misotheism doesn't make sense anyways because you believe that you have a Creator who knows your heart yet you choose to believe against Him. It's actually a bit risky, don't you think?

At any rate, Round 2 was interesting. Thank you for the arguments! I look forward to the next!

I will provide my counter arguments now that you have tried describing why you are not in agreement with me. Now with or without God evolution did happen that's why public schools teach it so to deny the evidence is to deny reality which means you are flat out denying the truth. Not that I give a about science because it is a different issue then being a believer or nonbeliever in the Creator of the Universe. I will attempt to provide a rebuttal to your Albert Einstein video! That is in no way proof that Albert believed in God or much less even made those statements. In my honest opinion this video was dumb and a poorly produced video. This doesn't help your case against Misotheism. Here is another verse from the Holy Bible that proves my point Isaiah 45:7- I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the Lord, do all these things. So now here is another good reason I believe your Albert Einstein video is totally "epic fail" my friend. The Jesus/Anti Religion video was nothing more, nothing less then Christian propaganda! You and I are religious followers of other religions; period, we can't deny these facts! At least I'm speaking from a position most logical and in sync with the truth about the Creator of the Universe; your just giving me religious propagada videos that prove no points. The "Trinity Argument" is in no way a good case against Misotheism. It's not even working for me because it's totally off topic and does nothing to justifiably refute my stance as a misotheist. You must stay on topic my friend! The Creator of the Universe is one completely different entity not anything more; not anything less! I in my honest opinion do not care about "Jesus Christ" or the "Holy Spirit". When God created us, it was straight out but so was all the "Violent Sociopathic" stuff God did and it's even in the Holy Bible. Excuse me; but you are absolutely right that I do have "God" and "Religion" mixed up; and mixed up well, like a cup of cinnamon water and unadulterated black coffee that I have every morning, as it's suppost to be. And as a side note to answer your question; yes I do believe that God did wipe out every living thing, including all of mankind, well most of the humans and beasts! From a logical human perspective the Creator of the Universe is a "big bad bully" who is "Cruel" and "Unusual" for this. And just as a friendly reminder the New Testement doesn't cancel the Old one! Here is another bible versus proving my point: Matthew 5:17-18- Do not think I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. I'll also give you my last rebuttal to your claim that: "Misotheists believe in the Creator of the Universe but believe against him". Actually misotheists are believers in the Creator of the Universe but they reject him. Why do you think LaughItUpLydia? It's because I strongly dislike the Creator of the Universe to tell you the truth.

First, I would like you all to know how I am a skeptic. I question everything on TV, and I do not believe everything I hear in church unless it agrees with what the Bible says (although I trained myself to do that the hard way). The point is, there are facts that support both Creationism and Evolution, and my sources can prove that. Also, I would like to see you (Pro) disprove some of the claims of Creationism from your stance as a misotheist. Wouldn't you, if you believe that there IS indeed a God, also believe that Creationism is correct? You can't just choose to believe what the Bible says about God being evil and then ignore the words explaining how old the earth is and how God created the earth and everything within.

Quoting Pro: "Now with or without God evolution did happen that's why public schools teach it so to deny the evidence is to deny reality which means you are flat out denying the truth."
I am not denying evidence, I am merely choosing not to ignore the evidence that actually goes AGAINST the theory of evolution. To believe everything you hear the teachers say "is fact" without doing research is ignorance. You are claiming that evolution is "truth" before attempting to do your own fact-finding.

"Not that I give a about science because it is a different issue then being a believer or nonbeliever in the Creator of the Universe."
This is true, because the point of Christianity is salvation and a relationship with God. But knowing the truth about our Creator and the science behind creation is along the same lines as Christianity. Denying the facts of God's Word yet believing in God is basically contradicting your beliefs.

You said you would provide a rebuttal for the Albert Einstein video but all you ended up doing was describing it in words of annoyance and dislike, which is a waste of time for all of us. The video I gave link to proved two things:
-that a highly-recognized and intelligent person believes God is not evil and evil is not God
-that evil is matter opposite to God and the video explains why.

Isaiah 45:7 does not prove Misotheism. There are two key facts that need to be considered. The word translated "evil" is from a Hebrew word that means "adversity, affliction, calamity, distress, misery." Notice how the other major English Bible translations render the word: "disaster," "calamity," and "woe." The Hebrew word can refer to moral evil, and often does have this meaning in the Hebrew Scriptures. However, due to the diversity of possible definitions, it is unwise to assume that "I create evil" in Isaiah 45:7 refers to God bringing moral evil into existence. We must observe the context of Isaiah 45;7 before asserting anything. It is actually just God rewarding Israel for obedience and punishing Israel for disobedience. God pours out salvation and blessings on those whom He favors. God brings judgment on those who continue to rebel against Him. My case stands.

I am still confused about you arguments for misotheism. Not a lot has been presented from Pro besides criticism so I have nothing to refute. I must ask some questions:
-Is there a specific God (from a certain religion) you believe exists?
-Why do you believe in any Creator God if you don't agree with Creationism, which is supposed to prove that God created matter (and us)?
-What is your reason for belief for: "...God did wipe out every living thing, including all of mankind, well most of the humans and beasts!"?
-Matthew 5:17-18 proves what?

Belief in the Creator of the Universe but belief against him = Belief in the Creator of the Universe but rejecting him.
Same difference. You have yet to prove why you believe in a Creator and why you so hate Him because every Bible verse you've quoted has been out of context and confusingly rejected without reasoning.

Your welcome! First I would like to provide you my counter arguments now that you have posted your arguments in R3. I will attempt to provide my educational opinions about you and your religious preferences, along with mine, just to stay on the safe side. First off my friend, you are totally not a "skeptic". I'll provide my rebuttals to your false claims now! Just because you question everything on television doesn't mean anything special because millions of viewers from all religious and intellectual backgrounds are doing the same exact thing. This proves no point! Also to be straight forward with you; even though you don't believe everything the church puts out to you, you still believe in everything that is in the Holy Bible. This makes you a Christian, period! This makes you in no way, shape or form anything more, anything less! Same goes for me also! I may not believe everything put out to me, or that I read, but this in no way means I'm a "Skeptic" too because belief in any diety or dieties, even if I hate some still means I have a religious preference. This makes me a Misotheist, period! Also just to be proper and follow the rules of this debate; I am going to justifiably drop the "Creationist/Evolution" argument because it's totally off topic. It is a topic that deals with "Science" not "Religion" my dear friend. This would require another debate LaughItUpLydia. The whole point of the debate is defend your religious belief system, nothing more, nothing less. I will not provide you any case against Creationism or better yet Evolution as I take a "Apathetic Stance" to these topics as a whole.

Thank you again.

Definition of skeptic 'a person inclined to question or doubt all accepted opinions.'

I am not a total skeptic, obviously, because I express belief in an "accepted" opinion, whatever that is. As I alluded to last round, I am more of a skeptic-of-anything-except-the Bible, and yes, this sounds laughable, but it is the truth about me that I cannot deny. What I am trying to say is that the Bible is considered an "accepted" opinion and it's the only thing I don't doubt. I am not particularly religious (I am Christian though I focus more on the relationship with God than the "Christian"/religious actions), and this makes it so that the only "opinion" I believe is what the Bible says. Other than the Bible I like to think that I question everything.

"The whole point of the debate is defend your religious belief system, nothing more, nothing less."
Earlier I thought we were both defending our belief systems. I have defended mine and there wasn't an argument presented for Pro's R4 thus there isn't much to rebuttal. Pro you did not answer any of my questions for your beliefs. If you had, we would've had a lot more to talk about, but instead we've gotten off topic and wasted time saying what the topic is. Please read my arguments before writing yours, pro, thank you! Hopefully the last round can end well.

My case that misotheism is false stands.

If you are a Christian then you must also accept that you cannot sugercoat the biblical examples I gave to prove why my religious belief system is without error and why it is justifiable. You must also accept the "Violent Sociopathic" things God did throughtout the Holy Bible. You must accept the whole "End Times" craziness thing which is in the Holy Bible. You must then accept that you are enslaved to a tyrannical sociopath who would nowadays be worse then all the religious/non-religious mass murderers throughout the history of the human race. You must then embrace utter hopelessness in your powerlessnes. You cannot deny/reject all the "Violent Sociopathic" things the Judeo/Christian god Jehovah did like the evidence I provided like the "Great Flood" for example. That was a very terrible event that went down! Countless innocent people were annihilated; women, children, and men! Animals of all kinds were also annililated! The whole planet earth was desecrated and covered like an ocean it was a waterworld my friend. In my eyes he is more meaner then the entire structure of the fallen angels (the one-third) that were reprobated out of Heaven by him; including all the people who have and those who will also receive the same condemnation. He is insane! He has not me not ever! I regret being born to Christian parents and having "The Holy Bible" shoved down my throat and forced against my will to attend worship and church services growing up just to pay homage to this god Jehovah. You must admit that either it would of been better had I never been born or been exposed to any form of religion whatsoever if Judeo/Christianity is the truth. Revelations 20:14/15 and Revelations 22:12 thru 16 are great reasons so far which is part of the "New Testement" section of the Holy Bible that I hate the Creator of the Universe who is known by many as Jehovah. Many people interpret the Holy Bible differently. But to me a diety like the Judeo/Christian god Jehovah is definitely not fit for worship or servitude; he's only fit for one thing and that's "Permenent and Absolute Rejection". My religious preferences as a Misotheist are fully justifiable and correct my friend. I did have a fun and exciting time debating with you LaughItUpLydia it was in "many respects" challenging. Being "Iconoclastic" and always open to new ideas and being "nontraditional" isn't easy my friend; but all people cannot believe the same things. Not all people have the same religious beliefs my friend. Diversity and a clash of ideas is everywhere, not just on

Xxzefd says that he hates God. First he had to have asserted that there is a God, presumably the "Christian" God of the Bible. He does not care whether or not Creationism and the science to support his claim is true, but he "knows" there is a God. Next, he says he does not care what the Bible says God did, but only about the supposed "wrath" and "evil" of God that is noted somewhere in the Bible (his quotes of the Bible are fallacious therefore invalid because he reads them out-of-context).

"You must accept the whole "End Times" craziness thing which is in the Holy Bible."
Pro, your argument is flawed because you are picking certain words out of the Bible, calling them truth, ignoring other parts of the Bible, and taking other parts and calling them "craziness" and lies. If these prophesies (most-likely in Revelation, although Pro did not cite it) are false, then how do you know that those verses in Zephaniah and the story of the flood isn't false too?

Say I am going to assume EVERYTHING in the Bible is true. Don't get me wrong, my belief system is that the entire Bible is true and viable, but for this I am simply trying to figure out and unravel Pro's complicated system. In this state I will refute the verses that Pro wrote about asserting it makes God evil. Although I have already explained the obvious concept of "free will" that shows why God does not prevent the evil that tends to happen in our lives, I will go deeper into the story of Noah and of the Bible to eradicate why God is, in fact, not evil.

First of all, the Bible says in James 1:13 that "when tempted, no one should say 'God is tempting me,' for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone." Next, Genesis says that when He completed creation, he saw everything and declared it "very good." The King James Version of the Bible (Isaiah 45:7) says that God "creates evil" but this has been proven to be a false translation. The New American Standard Bible shows that the word was just that God "creates calamities." Also, Corinthians 10:13 promises us that God will not permit a greater trial than we can bear. He declared the end from the beginning, and He is still working all things for His good pleasure (Isaiah 46:9-10). But God's role with regard to evil is never as its author. He simply permits evil agents to work, then overrules evil for His own wise and holy ends. Ultimately He is able to make all things-including all the fruits of all the evil of all time-work together for a greater good (Romans 8:28).

John Calvin wrote this wisely when putting it this way:
' . . . the Lord had declared that "everything that he had made . . . was exceedingly good" [Gen. 1:31]. Whence, then comes this wickedness to man, that he should fall away from his God? Lest we should think it comes from creation, God had put His stamp of approval on what had come forth from himself. By his own evil intention, then, man corrupted the pure nature he had received from the Lord; and by his fall drew all his posterity with him into destruction. Accordingly, we should contemplate the evident cause of condemnation in the corrupt nature of humanity-which is closer to us-rather than seek a hidden and utterly incomprehensible cause in God's predestination.' [Institutes, 3:23:8]

Pro states: "You must admit that either it would of been better had I never been born or been exposed to any form of religion whatsoever if Judeo/Christianity is the truth."
I do not admit that. Your life happened; it has a purpose, and you must admit that the truth will be told that the Bible is valid and God is love, not evil!

"Being "Iconoclastic" and always open to new ideas and being "nontraditional" isn't easy." after saying "My religious preferences as a Misotheist are fully justifiable and correct."
This is slightly hypocritical because it's claiming that his beliefs are fully correct yet he's supposedly open minded.

The Flood had warning. During the 120 days of preparing the ark, Noah told the people what God was warning them, and God's vengeance was because of the horrific sin that the people committed every day without respect for the Lord. A passage in Jude says 'And the angels who did not keep their proper domain, but left their own abode, He has reserved in everlasting chains under darkness for the judgment of the great day; as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities around them in a similar manner to these having given themselves over to sexual immorality and gone after strange flesh, are set forth as an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.' Since Christ announced the doom of those in chains of darkness awaiting their judgment, the identification of them as disobedient angels who did not keep their proper abode is certain. Remember, there is no such thing as "probably innocent". The fallen nature of all humans since Adam means that we are guilty and deserving of condemnation from the womb on. That God could wipe out all humanity in the way he did helps us understands God's disposition towards sin and gives us a reference point for man's sinful nature. The NT echoes this as it affirms that there are NONE righteous on their own apart from God's intervention. The pre-flood people of earth are used as a reminder of this and the flood stands of a warning of the future judgment we will all face.

In conclusion I would like readers to ask themselves: after seeing the arguments in each of the sides of this debate, is misotheism logical? Is it good or bad? Who did a better job debating? Through the interesting conversations, Pro and I have agreed to disagree mannerly. Thank you to anyone who read until here; I congratulate them. Hopefully some of it made sense.

Vote Con.
Posted by Xxzefd 1 year ago
Congratulations LaughItUpLydia in winning the Concluded Debate: Misotheism against me. :)
Posted by Xxzefd 1 year ago
Now let's see what a "Non-Religious Judge" votes? Will it be a "fair vote" or another unfair and insulting vote? I need some more judges of "various belief systems" to judge this debate fairly. This really was a godd.amn insult to me and the judge judged unfairly. I even went out of my way like a "good person" to politely "leave a smily face" at the end of my sentences. One of my sentences, although the same, were sent directly to the judge which happens to be a "Christian"! :)
Posted by LaughItUpLydia 1 year ago
wow he even put a smiley face after that comment, man that was super kind of you xxzefd, couldn't have seen a more polite comment!!!!! >[
Posted by Xxzefd 1 year ago
Of course I got "Voted Down" by a f.uckin stupid Christian! :)
Posted by LaughItUpLydia 1 year ago
God's love is all that matters. God loves you!!!!! It's written all over the Bible and it doesn't matter what Einstein said. God's Son was crucified so that it would pave a way for us to enter the Kingdom of Heaven if we repent and believe with our hearts that Jesus is Lord. It's a wonderful redemption story and it's the reason we debate this! Don't pick out parts of the Bible just to call God wicked when our Creator is everything BUT evil! Please read my final round; it explains a lot of what I should've said in previous rounds
Posted by steffon66 1 year ago
you say that darkness doesnt exist because it is the absence of light. i agree. you say that coldness is the absense of heat therefore it does not exist. i agree. you say evil is the absense of gods love and i do not agree. people are evil when they have "gods love". and people are good when they do not have "gods love". an act is not the absence of anything it is the presence of actions which are in fact happening. you say albert said this. i highly doubt that albert is as irrational as you when it comes to religion and philosophy but ill do my research.
Posted by Xxzefd 1 year ago
It is okay by's finished now...time for something new. :)
Posted by Xxzefd 1 year ago
Done deal! :)
Posted by LaughItUpLydia 1 year ago
Ok but make sure you read my final round and tell me what you think later.
Posted by Xxzefd 1 year ago
Ok lets agree to disagree. This debate is over! We need a new one. :) It's clear that I might as well accept the decisions of the judges even if I am "correct or wrong" as a win or lose.
Vote Placed by mishapqueen 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: 1. Conduct. Instead of responding to Con's arguments, pro spent time merely criticizing his opponents sources and calling them dumb without providing any analysis at all. Which leads me to 2. More convincing arguments. Con provided analysis and sources in a reasonable manner, while Pro basically just ranted the whole time providing no analysis or rebuttal. 3. Reliable sources. The only source pro brought up was evil bible, and it was discredited by Con effectively, and was basically dropped by pro, and silence is consent. I saw no glaring spelling or grammar, so I'll keep that tied. Good job to both sides! :)