Skylandersfan1111
SnaxAttack

Missingno. is the connection between Cubone and Kangaskhan

SnaxAttack
Started: 6/24/2015 Category: Games

Skylandersfan1111

Con

Misssingno. is a mess... and so? what if it evolves into Kangaskhan? Cubone can be male! Kangaskhan is always female! look at Kangaskhan's head and Cubone's skull they look different... first let's look at Marowak, doesn't look at all like a Kangaskhan. Now Cubone, hmm ah yes baby Kangaskhan... ok yeah but still... I don't see it...
SnaxAttack

Pro

I will accept the challenge of this debate because I thought that it would be fun. To begin my argument, we must first know what Missingno is. Missingno we can both agree if a glitch in the games programming, where in the original release of Pokemon Red, Blue, and Yellow (Also Green if we include Japan) there were going to be more than the 150, or 151, Pokemon we all know and love. To be exact, 255 Pokemon were going to be in the original game, but was later "shoved away" while in the development of the game; because of needing to release quickly in the market. So, to make the other Pokemon "disappear", they changed the games coding numbers to random numbers, that do not make sense in a coding perspective, and resulting in the birth of Missingno. Which if you notice, the HP of Missingno is 999; the numbers used for the code! In more simpler terms, Missingno is a "cluttered" glitch of broken code numbers for the original Pokemon that got "shoved away". What happened to the other Pokemon? Most of them appeared in the "Second Generation" of Pokemon (Gold, Silver, and Crystal), while others were never released.

Now to the topic on hand, we have the rumor, and or conspiracy of Cubone actually being Kangaskhan's mother. This has been a huge rumor since the first generation, and I will stand on the side that Missingno is a "link" between these two Pokemon. I can say that it will be most likely that Cubone is actually the Baby Kangaskhan in the Kangaskhan's pouch. The evidence to support this claim is said in the Pokedex and Anime.

In the Pokedex, of the First Generation (Pokemon Yellow), it says: "Wears the skull of its deceased mother". But how do we know that we can claim the mother is Kangaskhan? Well, this is where the Anime comes in. In the first generation Anime, the sound Cubone makes, when saying its name, is a very similar sound as the Baby Kangaskhan in another episode of the Anime. The episode titled: "The Kangaskhan Kid", where the premise is finding the mother of the Baby Kangaskhan; who actually has a human boy instead. Alright episode, but the sound made from the Baby Kangaskhan is very similar to Cubone itself. The Kangaskhan Kid, however, actually has similar qualities of Cubone itself; being treated like another Baby Kangaskhan instead of a human boy. The Kangaskhan Kid uses a boomerang when left alone, like throwing a bone similar to Cubone. To further the evidence, in another Pokemon Anime, Pokemon Origins, in the second part of the mini-series, we see the ghost in Lavender Town's Tower; which is a Marowak. What we see here is Team Rocket killing all the Pokemon in the Safari Zone, the same area where Kangaskhan's roam, and a baby Cubone crying to the death of its mother. Sad story, but if we notice the current event; Team Rocket surrounded the Safari Zone and killing Pokemon. Must have been like that for years because of the noticeably big time gap between Cubone as a baby and now adult. So, if Team Rocket owns that area, to kill Pokemon, then they must have killed a lot of Kangaskhan's; making the Baby Kangaskhan live on its own, and creating a new species of Pokemon that later bred.

As you can see, evidence clearly supports the claim. Now on to how Missingno is connected to these Pokemon. Earlier I mentioned some Pokemon being "shoved away", and never used in the final product of Pokemon. Some Pokemon that no one has ever seen, and actually can connect to Cubone and Kangaskhan. Stated by numerous rumors that were confirmed by the creator of Pokemon, there was going to be a middle evolution of Cubone. That when it evolved, it was going to be this mysterious Pokemon that allowed the player to choose to either be Marowak or Kangaskhan. However, that Pokemon was dropped by the coding of Missingno and was never heard of again.
Skylandersfan1111

Con

hmm... The anime is not the games... I say the anime isn't canon. so what now if the anime is excluded? and what if Missingno. is a bunch of pokemon some long gone and others returning favorites... so what about... "Cubone actually being Kangaskhan's mother." Cubone is Kangaskhan's mother... LOL ok I'm done! too funny! Anywaysies Idk what to say...
SnaxAttack

Pro

With your next statement for your argument, you seem a little nervous and speechless. Not really providing an argument, so instead I will counter argue my opponents question that he or she asked. The first question claiming that the Anime is not canon. I will say that the Anime is technically canon because if we define "canon", it is defined as: "Another word for official. Used quite often in fan fiction to differentiate between the official story line in which the fan fiction is based on". In other words, Pokemon's Anime is in the same universe as the games. However, since we will exclude the Anime on your own terms, even though it is technically canon, we will. Instead, we will use the Pokemon Manga instead.

Manga, by the way, is basically the Japanese Comic Book of a series of Anime. In this case Pokemon which supports my argument of Team Rocket owning the Safari Zone at the time. Stating that they were killing Kangaskhan's for a profit. Leaving the Baby Kangaskhan to fend on its own; creating a new species of Pokemon known as "Cubone".

Near the end of your argument, I do not know what you were trying to say; so instead I will support my previous argument. Stated in the Anime and Manga, it is easily probable that Cubone is related to Kangaskhan. How does this connect to Missingno though? Because stated previously, there was going to be more that 150 Pokemon originally, but was "shoved away" in order to make the deadline for the release of the game. Stated by the creator of Pokemon himself, and numerous rumors, Cubone was going to have a middle form that allowed the player to choose how to evolve Cubone. Either as a Marowak, or Kangaskhan.
Skylandersfan1111

Con

Skylandersfan1111 forfeited this round.
SnaxAttack

Pro

Because of my opponent not posting his or her argument, I will "finalize" my argument on how Missingno is a connection between Cubone and Kangaskhan. In my first argument, I discussed what Missingno was, which was a code of jumbled numbers that designers used to get rid of the other Pokemon besides the original 150. The other Pokemon either was later placed in future generations, or "shoved away" for certain reasons. One of the "shoved away" Pokemon was rumored to be a middle evolution for Cubone, and was going to be made by the player to choose how he or she wants to evolve their Cubone; either Marowas or Kangaskhan. And this was confirmed by the creator of Pokemon!

My opponent on the other hand did not counter argue any of my statements, as I brought numerous proof; but instead just questioned, instead of arguing. Hopefully you will agree with the argument I presented and vote for me!
Posted by PowerPikachu21 2 years ago
PowerPikachu21
SnaxAttack has a good argument! Can Skyladnersfan1111 rebut?
Posted by SnaxAttack 2 years ago
SnaxAttack
Sorry, was typing a lot and was doing two debates at the same time.
Posted by Skylandersfan1111 2 years ago
Skylandersfan1111
why isn't he responding?
Posted by PowerPikachu21 2 years ago
PowerPikachu21
not sure.
Posted by WAM 2 years ago
WAM
Who even suggested that this was the case?
Vote Placed by TGambit 2 years ago
TGambit
Skylandersfan1111SnaxAttackTied
Reasons for voting decision: Very sound argument and thank you for teaching more about pokemon :P
Vote Placed by Midnight1131 2 years ago
Midnight1131
Skylandersfan1111SnaxAttackTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF. Arguments to Pro, as Con dropped all of Pro's arguments halfway throughout the debate. To start off, Con never stated that the debate was only about games, so when Pro used the TV show for their arguments, Con responds with no arguments of their own, and simply stated that the show is not canon [with no backing sources to add.] And then Con said "LOL ok I'm done! too funny! Anywaysies Idk what to say...," this is a concession, as Con backed out of the debate, said "idk what to say," and then forfeited the last round. Therefore, due to concession, arguments to Pro.