killa_connor
RMK

Missionary style is the best way to have sex.

killa_connor

Pro

Granted this is all subjective but I think that missionary style is the best way to have sex. I'm not saying that one's sex life should involve exclusively the missionary position. Good sex involves a variety of sex positions and experimentation but this isn't to suggest that there isn't a single superior position. I'll present my basic arguments for this opening section and I hope the Con can offer an alternative position to contend with my assertion.

1.) Missionary is more comfortable for both partners. I think this is obvious and intrinsic with the positioning of missionary.

2.) Missionary is inherently more intimate. Because you are face to face with your partner it is more intimate and in a way more thrilling because all of the emotions associated with sex are shared.

3.) It is pleasurable for both partners. It doesn't have a bias towards one gender, both benefit and both are involved. Some might contend that it is primarily the man that participates but I would disagree. I think both parties can involve themselves and when combined with the woman on top it establishes a give and take system in sex that is important to any relationship.

Just trying to present new debate topics that we haven't gotten to see on this site. Enjoy!

-connor
RMK

Con

The best sex position is that in which the female is pleasured most (must I explain?)

If that is the case, studies have shown that the position that is most pleasurable for the woman is that of "on top" of the male. The clitoris tends to get the most stimulation this way.

With the woman first in mind of pleasure, all three of your points are valid with woman on top. The first one even more so because the "work load" is of equal share in this position.

"1.) Missionary is more comfortable for both partners. I think this is obvious and intrinsic with the positioning of missionary.

3.) It is pleasurable for both partners. It doesn't have a bias towards one gender, both benefit and both are involved. Some might contend that it is primarily the man that participates but I would disagree. I think both parties can involve themselves and when combined with the woman on top it establishes a give and take system in sex that is important to any relationship."

With that being said, very perverted topic that was probably easier to debate/test on your own.
killa_connor

Pro

"The best sex position is that in which the female is pleasured most (must I explain?)"

Yes I think you should. I took a rather utilitarian approach to this debate by trying to account for all pleasure for both parties (the best way to have sex should not greatly favor one gender over another). This would mean mutual pleasure for both the male and the female (for the sake of debate I'm just going to refer to heterosexual couples only). The goal is to maximize the pleasure for both parties, not exclusively for females. Having said that, I doubt you'll find a guy out there who objects to having a girl on top (if you notice I even approve of a mix of missionary with this position in particular).

"The first one even more so because the "work load" is of equal share in this position."

Not true. This position gives more of the "work load" (hahah what a funny way of referring to this) to the woman then any other position I know. Guys are left sort of unable to do a whole lot because of the weight pinning us down (Not to suggest we're totally paralyzed though).

1.) Girl on top. Or Cowboy as it will not be referred to as. Is not as comfortable as missionary because both parties are laying (this varies) in missionary and don't need to combat the force of gravity. One aspect that is inherent with Cowboy style is that the girl will have to hold and assume a position on top of the guy that will not be as comfortable as laying down.

2.) With missionary you are much closer to your partner which adds to the emotional and shared aspect of it all. Although you do have a similar connection in Cowboy style, the connection is heightened in missionary.

3.) I agree it is pleasurable for both partners. But that doesn't mean it's better then missionary!

Very perverted topic? Then why did you respond? Are we really a country that is this embarrassed of talking about what happens in the bedroom? We're all human folks, drop the sense of propriety and entitlement and lets debate!
RMK

Con

In regards to my first point of the argument. It has been scientifically studied (the theory of sex and sexual positions in a heterosexual relationship that is) and, to no surprise, the male partner was unconcerned about the position of which the intercourse took place. However, the female rated the whole sexual encounter on feeling over comfort. Who wouldn't?

Now, although there may be more favorable positions that cater to the "comfort" of each partner, your debate does not single out this issue. The debate topic states "best" way to have sex.

1) Not true. The girl does not have to support her entire weight while the guy lays there like a dead fish. If the male supports the female with his hands, this takes the strain off the female so that both partners are equally having to sustain "gravity."

2) This is subjective. Depending on the relationship, that might not be the desired goal.

3) No justification besides personal opinion, which is undebatable and not on topic with the beginning topic of debate.

This country, although more open then anytime in the past, does not need to debate issues such as sexual positions. There are other "positions" that have greater magnitude on the well-being of the country as a whole.
killa_connor

Pro

First off, I have yet to see this alleged study confirming that women like being on top the most. So I started searching the web and I actually found that 30% of women favored missionary the most compared to 21% preferring being on top. This was done in the form of a poll where 41,000 people were surveyed! (http://www.sexinfo101.com...)

"the male partner was unconcerned about the position of which the intercourse took place. "

Really? So anything goes? I have preferences and positions I prefer. I think most guys do. Again, your referencing some study that I don't really think could have possibly come to that conclusion. Perhaps that guys enjoy sex in any position but that doesn't mean that they wouldn't enjoy it more in a different position. This is a blanket assumption about males and their sexual preferences and I don't think really belongs in this debate.

"Now, although there may be more favorable positions that cater to the "comfort" of each partner, your debate does not single out this issue. The debate topic states "best" way to have sex. "

True. But isn't comfort an important component of good sex? I used the first round to present some of the criteria that were used to assess whether a position was good or 'the best'. You seemed to accept this criteria and were debating accordingly but now you've seem to attack the criteria itself! The irony is that you continue to debate and defend the comfort of cowboy style regardless of this comment:

"If the male supports the female with his hands, this takes the strain off the female so that both partners are equally having to sustain gravity."

Good point but by doing this you're shifting the weight of a woman into the forearms of a man. This is a relatively weak muscle group compared to the core muscles and abdomens which is where missionary relies on muscle power and endurance. Because lets not forget that good sex should last a while and this kind of set up lends itself to exhausting the male and the female too quickly (b/c I assume you concede that this is indeed a more uncomfortable position then missionary for the mere fact that the woman must support herself and hold a position). Missionary on the other hand, uses muscle groups that are bulky and strong by nature and can therefore prolong sex.

"2) This is subjective. Depending on the relationship, that might not be the desired goal."

Its not really subjective at all. The emotional content is as much a part of sex as the mechanical aspects of it. To share in this experience is the whole point of good and meaningful sex. I concede that people might appreciate this in varying degrees but with missionary this too can be controlled. The physical distance can be as close or as far away as you want depending on how you do missionary style (this can involve the guy holding the girl's legs up vertically and being further away (Some illustrations: http://en.wikipedia.org...).

"3) No justification besides personal opinion, which is undebatable and not on topic with the beginning topic of debate."

Well at least I set up criteria for measuring and assessing good sex. You both rejected and accepted my criteria without creating any standards for your own judgement. The third point applies for both positions which is why I reverted back to personal opinion because although this set of criteria is sufficiently met by both positions it in no way suggests that Cowboy is somehow better then missionary. It's funny you also claim that personal opinion is undebatable but you chose to join a debate that was entirely subjective (I even admitted this in the introduction), what did you think we'd be doing in here? Calculating the best sex with an algorithm?

"This country, although more open then anytime in the past, does not need to debate issues such as sexual positions. There are other "positions" that have greater magnitude on the well-being of the country as a whole."

This website is called debate.org. We certainly can and we certainly are debating about sexual positions, who cares if there are bigger things going on out there? My other debates center around far more important issues. Does that somehow mean that this subject is "not worth" being discussed? I don't think so. I still don't understand why this is perverted? Perverted is used to describe sexual behaviors that are seen as abnormal or excessive. This is neither. I also don't understand why you chose to debate with me over this topic if you 1.) thought it was perverted. 2.) think that the constituents of this country should be talking about more important things. 3.)Knew that this was entirely subjective!

Thanks for the debate RMK! Although you don't appear to be convinced of the value of these kinds of discussion, I enjoyed it and I hope we can debate again soon.

-connor
RMK

Con

Hey, if you like sex...anyway is best :)

Vote for me if you like to mix it up a bit.

Great debate
Likewise killa connor
Posted by killa_connor 9 years ago
killa_connor
Sorry solo =(

I could tell RMK was not going to be open to the prospect of debating the merit of sexual positions in homosexual relationships judging by his condemnation of this debate as "perverted". It was something that would have been interesting and added a new perspective, I just don't think it would have been received well!
Posted by foxman 9 years ago
foxman
the pro has considerably more evidence and rationale in his arguments. The con just gave up round 3 and the pro just to the debate.
Posted by solo 9 years ago
solo
I'm sorely disappointed that female-to-female and male-to-male sex wasn't included in this debate. I'll abstain from voting because neither debate won me over.
Vote Placed by John_Quincy_Adams 9 years ago
John_Quincy_Adams
killa_connorRMKTied
Vote Placed by blond_guy 9 years ago
blond_guy
killa_connorRMKTied
Vote Placed by BrianFranklin 9 years ago
BrianFranklin
killa_connorRMKTied
Vote Placed by dorobo 9 years ago
dorobo
killa_connorRMKTied
Vote Placed by Tatarize 9 years ago
Tatarize
killa_connorRMKTied
Vote Placed by Logical-Master 9 years ago
Logical-Master
killa_connorRMKTied
Vote Placed by Rousseau 9 years ago
Rousseau
killa_connorRMKTied
Vote Placed by kels1123 9 years ago
kels1123
killa_connorRMKTied
Vote Placed by brittwaller 9 years ago
brittwaller
killa_connorRMKTied
Vote Placed by killa_connor 9 years ago
killa_connor
killa_connorRMKTied