Elshara
DuskVisionary

Misuse Of Authority

Elshara

Con

When people go too far in trying to make sure their dominating rule over or in control of a situation is necessary and people blindly fall for their attempts. Examples: Knowing you're innocently arresting someone on charges that cannot be fully proven. Knowing you're a cop on drugs. Knowing in other words you're doing something immoral but trying to justify it anyways to be sure you can use the law to your own means or, just because daddy said so, mommy must listen or else, pay what ever I see fit type of attitude. It happens a lot in not just cases of law, from relationships to business connections, the unfair use of B D S M in our society in some cases has gone way too far. I see it on the streets when homeless people line up at the welfare building only to be turned away regardless of their situation and yet people less fortunate then them get in no problem, selective acceptance in other words, especially when you aren't notified you've been subjected to a need to know basis. It hurts us emotionally, prevents us physically from enjoying what we may want or need and is defective to a functional society. Too much disfunction can and has caused fatalities and it needs to stop.
DuskVisionary

Pro

My opponent raises some good points in his case.
First of all, I would like to state that I am in favor of figures of authority misusing their authority.

1. Governments and figures in authority misuse their power to show who's in charge.
In some cases, it's the people's (the citizens) fault who think they have it all. Sometimes, they get a little too zealous, and the government needs to show the people who's really the boss so that the country/nation may run smoother. For instance, instead of letting the citizens think that they're free and can do anything, figures in authority can deliberately misuse their power to show that the citizens cannot do anything they want. There are laws. And sometimes, to show the citizens what these laws are, figures in authority have to step over the law.

Furthermore, arresting someone on charges that cannot be fully proven is a rare coincidence. As you have noticed, when the media finds out, everyone goes crazy.

Also, those headlines about a police officer abusing his/her power reach the front page because they are rare. Usually, it is because of only one police officer who was over-zealous at the time. You cannot judge the whole population of police officers for misusing their authority because of one officer.

Furthermore, this deliberate mismanagement instills fear into the populace. After all, with fear, a figure in authority can manipulate anyone or anything into doing something the figure wants. With good or bad intentions.
Elshara

Con

My opponent has one belief in common with me that he doesn't know about yet and I'm going to let it loose. I have no problem with people using any means at their disposal to make a point if it is sound or if it is morally justified in fact in some cases, I prefer that kind of dominance as it means you'd be willing to go through any length to be sure you are there for not only your people, but that you are not going to not protect them in the event of something threatening something about them. Because just as the people and the government can be zealous, so can the reasons for the rule to exist. And this is exactly what I'm saying in a nutshell, the truth is, some people take zealous acts too far and if the reason is to have no reason but to do it because they can and not to show any other way outwardly, where they're not requesting attention, they're requesting out right silence without thought to anyone or anything i their way, nothing will stop them from doing something that would cause a reason for people to not distrust them in the event they lash out at something that needs to have a reason to be protected within the chain of events that would occur should anyone threaten their existence as well. Essentially, even if someone is using the law for their own personal gain, it is not as bad as using it to prevent anyone else from doing the same and taking dominance too far on both civilian and governmental sides of the fence, regardless of finatics, as this is the one situation that prevents people from trusting what they know won't work out. However in most cases, the ones that do challenge it aren't threatening what they hold dear, its the ones that more or less happen in secret that do, and its very nature of secrecy is the reason why its wrong.
DuskVisionary

Pro

DuskVisionary forfeited this round.
Elshara

Con

I challenge you to respond lol.
DuskVisionary

Pro

DuskVisionary forfeited this round.
Elshara

Con

Elshara forfeited this round.
DuskVisionary

Pro

DuskVisionary forfeited this round.
Elshara

Con

Elshara forfeited this round.
DuskVisionary

Pro

DuskVisionary forfeited this round.
Posted by The_Serb 3 years ago
The_Serb
rape torture = fun activities 4 soldiers everywhere :D
Posted by Elshara 3 years ago
Elshara
I like it mostly. I love the concept.
Posted by Jifpop09 3 years ago
Jifpop09
You'll get the hang of it.
Posted by Elshara 3 years ago
Elshara
I'm new to debate.org not familiar with the format.
Posted by Jifpop09 3 years ago
Jifpop09
Is there one person who would disagree with you......... besides Supreme Leader Kim
Posted by emilydebate 3 years ago
emilydebate
What side are you on?
Posted by Elshara 3 years ago
Elshara
I'm arguing that when misuse of authority happens, it can be bad and not often do we see it until after it has been done, something that has to be experienced to have been realized fully. Yes, I am saying it is bad because it means we're not responding properly to such situations. However, not all hope is lost because we are as a whole, recognizing these things that is changing our society for the better, however they're still going on and this is why I brought this issue up, to let it be known.
Posted by TennerTandika 3 years ago
TennerTandika
Are you arguing that a misuse of authority is bad?