TheLibertarian76
Hanspete

Mitt romney was not the right choice for the GOP

Hanspete

TheLibertarian76

Pro

I will argue mitt romney was not the right choice for the GOP in 2012. First round is acceptance
Hanspete

Con

I argue that Mitt Romney was the right choice for the GOP in 2012. Challenge accepted.
TheLibertarian76

Pro

TheLibertarian76 forfeited this round.
Hanspete

Con

I contend that Mitt Romney was the right choice for the G.O.P. because at the time he was the strongest candidate for the job. The energy and passion he invoked at rallies was nothing that I have felt before in my short life. He easily made a fool of the president when debating him and humiliated him by showing the people what we now see as ObamaHell. He used people who called themselves former Democrats and got them to vote fro him, he surged in the polls among Independents and did so well.
Now however that we see the rise of more conservative stars, such as Rand Paul and Ted Cruz, Romney would not be a good repeat candidate, he would make a bad choice for 2016 presidential candidate.
TheLibertarian76

Pro

TheLibertarian76 forfeited this round.
Hanspete

Con

To further my point that Mitt Romney was the right choice for the G.O.P. I will present the point that Mitt Romney had the funding to effectively go after Barack Obama, though he failed to go after Obama badly on issues such as Benghazi, ObamaCare, his lack of effort on proving his hatred of Israel, and diminished influence around the world (as is show this year by Putin's invasion of Ukraine, Isis, Iran's continuance of their nuclear weapons program, and the lack of support to the Iraqi gov't, Kurdish and Turkish Military. Mitt would've taken care of all these problems and that is why he was the correct choice for the G.O.P.
TheLibertarian76

Pro

TheLibertarian76 forfeited this round.
Hanspete

Con

In the continuance of my position I will acknowledge the many problems that faced Romney. First off to respond to the comment posted, Mitt Romney was a man with honor, he proved this by not allowing Barack Obama to get away with anything during the three debates that they did. Now to acknowledge the flaws in Romney, he did not go after Obama over Benghazi which was probably one of his biggest mistakes, second he spent too much time attacking Obama and not telling people what he would do differently (which is why many people I know believe he lost), and finally the fact that he didn't present himself as a person that the people could relate to, the media is partially to blame for this however, he didn't go into the places where people most needed to hear his message and weren't getting it. All these things contributed to his defeat however I still hold that he was the correct choice for the G.O.P. in 2012, but if he runs in 2016 I will not support him again.
TheLibertarian76

Pro

TheLibertarian76 forfeited this round.
Hanspete

Con

With nothing to respond to I rest my case.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
My observation is that Romney is a coward and a bully.He had no problem attacking Newt Gingrich with awful ads, because the media would stand by and not interfere. But Obama, he was strangely silent because he feared the media would attack him. Without honor any man would be a coward.
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
TheLibertarian76HanspeteTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture