thepersuader
Andrew820

Mixed schools should be banned

thepersuader

Con

I personally am a person who studies in a mixed school and really like it. There are various reasons for this.
Firstly, i feel students in a mixed school interact better and that is where they mostly learn how to interact. Imagine you going to a mixed school in high school from a single sex school in primary. It will feel awkward, right? Similarly, imagine going from a single sexed school to face the world and pursue your ambitions. Basically what i am saying is that finishing education in a single sexed school to face your ambitions in the real world would prove really difficult as you will have to interact with different genders. If girls and boys are going to work together in offices, why not train them while they are young
Moreover, students studying in single sex schools will feel as if they are under limits and might restrict them from showing their ideas to others. They will feel as if they have more restrictions. If they study in a single sexed school, they might find it difficult to talk in competitions that have their opposite gender as a feeling of inferiority and superiority may take over.
Besides, if boys and girls wanted to date while studying in a single sexed school, they would simply meet after school or through modern technology such as Facebook and whats app
Andrew820

Pro

Hi, I accept your challenge.
I am a guy studying in a boy's school, I think that mixed schools have a few problems:
1. Girls like crying and if they keep crying all the time, the boys will be tired of hearing the cries and the relationship between the boys and the girls will be poor.
2. Boys and girls have different positions and interests. If the girls like dolls or barbies, some boys will tease them that they are childish. This will produce arguments between the boys and girls and they will not concentrate in their studies.
3. Boys and girls have very different characters and behaviors. Some students are tired of hearing the teacher scold students at their bad behaviors. This will make the classes more boring.
Here are the advantages of single sex schools:
1. Boys and girls with communicate well with each other separately and avoid discrimination.
2. Arguments are reduced between boys and girls and the students can study in a quiet and peaceful environment.
thepersuader

Con

hello there. thanks for accepting my challenge.
you have so far talked about the problems of girls so it seems you are more focused on boys schools than girls school. anyway, you said on point one that the relation of boys and girls will become poor, but do you realize that there will be no relation at all in a single sexed school. is this not worse. schools are supposed to train you for your future in the real world where boys and girls are together. you would rather have a poor relation which can b made better or more trustworthy than having none at all. eventually you are going to get a wife and in a mixed school, you are automatically taught how o cope up with each other. there are many mixed schools in the world but apparently i have not heard of a crisis in a mixed school which has been affected by 'girls crying all the time'. in point number 2 you said that opposite genders have different interests. you went ahead and gave an example of girls liking dolls. if you do know this, the that means you know that nature of girls. so why would you actually be teasing her for that. its natural and that is a FACT.
moreover you talk about arguments between boys and girls being reduced but i hope you realize that students from the same gender do argue even. it wont stop. will it?
let me add another point f my own before i finish. if students in a mixed school work as groups, then there is a higher chance of new points being raised and new ideas being thought. this is because students of 2 different overall perspectives will interact. a girl may have thought of something and using his 'privileges' he was born with, a boy can counter the idea or contribute to it.
thanks
Andrew820

Pro

Andrew820 forfeited this round.
thepersuader

Con

the fact that mixed schools have taken most of our education world should be considered. in today's world, mixed school take up at least 90% of the education sector. if they are still lasting and operating well, it means that they have not had any 'hitch hatch' that you have mentioned in a large scale and thus overall they haven't had a situation which has shut them. mixed schools have been shaping the lives of students for many years since their establishment. it is also seen that we have more mixed schools than single sexed schools. this should give us a hint that many parents do not like sending their students to such schools. as you did not reply to my previous argument, i shall leave my point like this for now.
Andrew820

Pro

I'm sorry that I missed round two and I suggest you to set the time to 72 hours. I am busy now and I will not debate much.
I think that students should concentrate more in their studies than dating or finding wives or whatever. Boys will sometimes be embarrassed when they saw girls. Girls will be a distraction to the boys. This is the end of my debate. I hope you enjoyed debating as I am.
Posted by Aguilajoyce 7 months ago
Aguilajoyce
So we are talking about coed education???? Phew!!!
Posted by Stonehe4rt 7 months ago
Stonehe4rt
You guys do know, that with all the homosexuality movement going on, Same Sex schools would do nothing for kids except make them less experienced with the other gender and henceforth more afraid to approach and rather go with the gender they already know. However a Mixed School would give them a fair choice and opportunity to interact with either gender.
Posted by Stonehe4rt 7 months ago
Stonehe4rt
Posted by Stonehe4rt 7 months ago
Stonehe4rt
Posted by mangolife23 7 months ago
mangolife23
I mean tbh it would probably help me focus better to be in a school without boys, but I would hate it.