HemantKr
aayush.raj

Mobile phones have adversely affected our social life and has emerged as a new form of addiction

aayush.raj

HemantKr

Con

I totally disagree with the topic. As mobile phones are the basic necessity of everyones life. It help us contact and communicate with each other. How can it be said that it affects social life???
I want more in depth answer in this matter against the topic so guys please help me.
aayush.raj

Pro

You believe that mobile phones are extremely necessary for our daily communications and that it enhances our social connections, right? If that is true, don't you think that people have become extremely dependent on this and it has become a part of their life. Rather than being a medium of communication, it has become an addiction. People are so dependent on it these days that they prefer to spend more time on these gadgets rather than socializing in person. Why do you think people find it easier to chat than to talk in person (in case you think they don't, you should conduct a survey)? it is because they have almost completely stopped spending time with other people in person. Communicating online is no more limited to exchanging valuable information, it has become a means of entertainment and serves as an alternate to our hobbies. You may never know a person and still become good friends with him/her. Do you really think that this kind of "friendship" is healthy? This has been the root cause for various crimes and frauds. Do you still think that Mobile phones are affecting our society only in the positive way?

When I mentioned "various crimes and frauds", I was referring to the increased rate of kidnap, robbery, rape, murder and even divorce. People become "friends" online without knowing each other. They tend to put their trust in people whom they have never met or probably will never meet. Don't you think this affects our society?

Talking about addiction to Mobile phones, it is almost redundant to state arguments for it. People spend a major portion of their life using mobiles to do various stuff. With the continuous improvements in technology, this addiction is getting worse. More and more features are available to us on these phones and so we spend more and more time on these devices. When we need entertainment, we have music, we have games, we have our own friends that we can contact and all this is possible through the phone so why do anything else? Isn't that what has become the trend of today. There is a need to do so some shopping,just look for some website like amazon and order is online and you'll have your items delivered to you. Want to learn something new? Just look up for what you require and you'll get to learn what you want to a million ways.

Don't you see how many uses a mobile phone has? If you do, then you should immediately realize the need for the usage of this gadget. If you do realize the need, they I see no way how you can't see the way it has become an addiction in today's generation.
HemantKr

Con

Thanks a lot for your feedback. From your words it seems that you are a very wise person. I just started this debate because i wanted some good stuffs/information about the topic and prepare a debate to present before my school. So, i request you to please give me some information on against the topic speaking for con. Please help me ..... thanks in advance... :)
aayush.raj

Pro

If that was the case, you should have mentioned earlier. I would have gone against this topic then maybe you would get a better answer. Anyway, for the sake of this debate, I cannot take the con side of the argument. If you are still interested in getting some points from me regarding the "con" side of this debate, then please message me. I can't message you because you have not enabled the option but I have enabled the option for the others.
HemantKr

Con

HemantKr forfeited this round.
aayush.raj

Pro

aayush.raj forfeited this round.
HemantKr

Con

HemantKr forfeited this round.
aayush.raj

Pro

I would like the voters to note that my contender has not put up strong arguments regarding the topic and so please vote accordingly. Most of the rounds have been forfeited for no reason.
HemantKr

Con

HemantKr forfeited this round.
aayush.raj

Pro

Another reminders to the voters to keep note of the fact that my opponent has withdrawn from the debate so please do declare me as the winner.
Vote Placed by bsh1 1 year ago
bsh1
HemantKraayush.rajTied
Reasons for voting decision: More forfeits = Conduct to Pro.