alexmiller887
shakuntala

Mock Trial: the user shakuntala

alexmiller887

alexmiller887

Pro

I'm addressing this to shakuntala, the user of this site who is a shameless self-promoter, and besmircher of the search histories of hundreds of users.

Your honours, I am the lawyer for the Pro(secution) arguing that the user shakuntala should be banned.
shakuntala

Con

I accept the trail
1) all I have done on DDO is submit for debate some works of colin leslie dean of gamahucher press
you can view download for free his books from

http://www.scribd.com...

or the home page of gamahucher press

http://gamahucherpress.yellowgum.com...

2) as in another debate
http://www.debate.org...

I have pointed out no one one would accuse -JK-Rowling- of spam self promoting her new book if se was on DDO so the same must apply to me
again
then if that is so then JK Rowling' debating her new book is also SPAM
SPAM is self promoting advertising
so why can it be acceptable for J K Rowling to promote debate her new book
but not acceptable if colin leslie dean does it
I argue if it is bad for one ie colin leslie dean then it is bad for the other ie JK Rowling

conclusion I have nothing different from JK Rowling' debating her new book-which no one one would accuse -JK-Rowling- of spam self promoting

what seems to be the problem is really two things
1)people just dont like colin leslie dean work so they will just try and disparage him
it would be a completely different reaction if they like his work

2) colin leslie dean is a no body -so people will just try and disparage him
it seems to be completely different if you are a somebody ie K-Rowling
then you can come on DDO and promote your book and not be disparaged or disliked
alexmiller887

Pro

Ok.

Your honors, I would like to draw attention to the debate quoted by shakuntala. I feel no need to disprove his assertions, as oculus_de_logica already has, in my view.

'what seems to be the problem is really two things
1)people just dont like colin leslie dean work so they will just try and disparage him'

That is not why. The reason we wish to ban you is the fact that you post a debate a day with your own poetry.
http://www.debate.org...
That debate above, I'd like to draw attention to the 2nd round. It is plain that not only have you aroused the ire of a number of users on this site, you have abused the trust that they put in you.

'it would be a completely different reaction if they like his work'
You need to prove this, not me.

'colin leslie dean is a no body -so people will just try and disparage him'
Incorrect. How many users on this site actually are a 'somebody', with fame.

'it seems to be completely different if you are a somebody ie (sic) K-Rowling
then you can come on DDO and promote your book and not be disparaged or disliked'

Your analogy is irrelevant. JK Rowling is not on DDO.

The last time I checked, this was a debating website, not a self-promotion one.

This is just a debate I picked randomly

The United States should substantially reduce or remove manditory minimum sentencing guidlines

Your debate:
This poem "Autobiography-Of-A-Pthirus-Pubis" (by you) is full of beautiful imagery and lyrical lines.

I rest my case.
shakuntala

Con

pro replys to my comment
"'it seems to be completely different if you are a somebody ie (sic) K-Rowling

by saying
"Your analogy is irrelevant. JK Rowling is not on DDO."

pro is just avoiding my point
to be clear "if" JK Rowling just happened to post a debate about her new book-self promotion -and not be disparaged
then
"it seems to be completely different if you are a somebody ie (sic) K-Rowling

as I said
what would good for JK Rowling should be good for me
if JK Rowling can post a debate about her new book-self promotion and not be disparaged
then I can post and not be disparaged also
alexmiller887

Pro

You did not actually read your debate with oculus_de_logica, did you. That defense is useless, as he has demolished it.

I'd just like to quote the final round, which completly takes apart your argument.

'1A : SPAM is according to definition irrelevant or unsolicited.
2A: DDO is a debating website
3A : Thus, Debates are relevant
4A: Debates have to have a topic that is discussable in order to be of any value.
5A : Thus, we deduct from 3A that only discussable topics are relevant.
6A: 1A thus tells us that discussable topics are not spam.

1B : Rowling is a famed author
2B : Rowling has a vivid, popular collection of work that has a wast world associated.
3B : Said work is already discussed widely on DDO without her own intervention.
4B : hence, her work is discussable
5B : as concluded in 6A discussable topics are not spam and thus Rowling would not be spamming.

1C : Dean is not a famed author
2C: Dean does not have a vivid, popular collection of work that has a wast world associated
3C: Said work is not discussed at all on DDO without his intervention, as showed.
4C: hence, his work is not discussable
5C: If it is not discussable it is not relevant as a debate and thus is spam.

If we move on with the same train on the topic of self promotion

1D : Rowling is a famed author
2D : Rowling has a vivid, popular collection of work that has a wast world associated.
4D : If Rowling would come here she would already be known, and as such her work would not need to be promoted.
5D : If it does not need to be promoted she can always leave out the link to said work
6D: since 2D she can still debate someone without advertising the work as shown by 5D
7D: 6D shows us that Rowling can debate her book here without needing to promote it herself.

1E: Dean is not a famed author
2E : Dean does not have a vivid, popular collection of work that has a vast world associated.
4E : If Dean would come here he would not be known and would need to promote his work in order for anyone to be able to discuss it.
5E : If it does need to be promoted he can never leave out the link to said work
6E: since 2E he can not debate someone without advertising the work as shown by 5E
7E: 6E shows us that Dean can not debate his book here without needing to promote it himself' (Thank you to oculus_de_logica)

I think this shows conclusively that you ARE spamming.
As usual, shakuntala crumbles in the face of the facts. As I was writing this, he had recently posted
http://www.debate.org...
this debate.

At least have the courtesy to refrain from spamming while you are actually debating with me!

I'd just like to clarify the BoPs.

Me: I must prove that
1. shakuntala is not an asset to this site.
2. He must stop self-promoting himself.

You must prove that
1. Self-promotion (in an annoying way) is good.

My point for this round is your attempt to use your own say-so as proof
'Australias leading erotic poet colin leslie dean shows mathematics proves'
Really?
shakuntala

Con

cons previous post just supports my point

as I said
alexmiller887

Pro

This debate has been like banging my head against a brick wall.
You have not read any of the arguments given, nor have you made any attempt to even rebut mine. All you are doing is bleating the same old cry. which has been refuted numerous times- too many to count.

You now have the cheek to suggest that my esteemed peers on DDO are 'sheep' who 'do not know a good idea when you see one'

That goes beyond Ad Hominem.

Thank you to the voters in advance, and I hope you vote for the side of reason and logic. Thank you to shakuntala for participating, and vote Prosecution!

kfc.
shakuntala

Con

pro says
"This debate has been like banging my head against a brick wall.
You have not read any of the arguments given, nor have you"

you have not told us
why Rowling could debate her new book on DDO and not be called a self promoter

or explained why
when I do what Rowlings could do I am called a self promoter
but Rowlings is not

thus voters
pro has not defended his position
thus logically if the world was not full of sheep I should win
Posted by oculus_de_logica 2 years ago
oculus_de_logica
no, him.
Posted by alexmiller887 2 years ago
alexmiller887
What,me?
Posted by oculus_de_logica 2 years ago
oculus_de_logica
"SPAM is self promoting advertising"

you're not a big fan of reading the actual definitions and understanding what others have said to you, are you?
Vote Placed by oculus_de_logica 2 years ago
oculus_de_logica
alexmiller887shakuntalaTied
Reasons for voting decision: "you have not told us why Rowling could debate her new book on DDO" Guess either con did not read or did not understand round 3 where pro addressed this. con did not refute any of the arguments pro put up and instead used the same, already refuted, arguments like they somehow would gain new meaning or momentum. all in all con did not in any way prove why he is of importance on DDO, he did not try and refute the large amount of users that he has managed to enrage with his behavior in r2, and did not give a valid case why he should not be banned. That was the debate: why would he not be banned for self promotion on a debating website. pro had a case, he wasn't using the site for debating, he was using it to advertise. Con however tried to hide behine "if J.k did it you wouldn't care", but that is not an argument why we should not ban con. All in all, pro made a plethora of arguments. Con made one that was refuted off the bat and resorted to ad hominem on the entire voter base.