XLAV
Wylted

Model Debate : Kids

XLAV
Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner

XLAV

Pro

Wylted vs Me

With all these hot model debates going around, I had an idea to make one for kids.

Each round the users will post 6-7 pictures of a child model. The mininum age is 4 years old, while the maximum age is 13 years old. The pictures should be the same model in one round.

Name, Age and height are required for each model posted.

Definitions
Kids - A child/ a human being who's age is around 4-13 years old

Model - A person emplyed to pose for an artist or photographer

Child model - A child employed to pose for an artist or photographer

Structure
Round one is for acceptance only.
Round two is for model posting for both Pro and Con.
Round three is for model posting for both Pro and Con.
Round four is for model posting for both Pro and Con.
Round five is for model posting for both Pro and Con.

Rules
Forfeiting is an automatic lose.
No semantics.

Voting
Whoever you think gave the best child models should win.
Wylted

Con

I accept. Thanks Mikal for inspiring this debate
XLAV

Pro

---Name: Kristina Primenova (AKA: The youngest supermodel)---

---Age: 9 (She just turned 9 this December 27, 2014!!!)---

---Height: 127cm---

She's from Russia!

On to Wylted!
Wylted

Con

1. My opponent shouldn't be instigating this debate. I refuse to pit one child against another to be judged based upon looks. My opponent should lose this debate based on the fact that sexualizing children is immoral. It can lead to a society where child predators feel more comfortable and even justified in pursuing their sick urges. This is clearly something that should be fought at every turn so we don't inadvertently contribute to the victimization of children in the future.

2. Having a modeling debate of any sort but especially the type that highlights children is bad for more than just the sexualization of children. It also sets up kids for unreasonable expectations and career goals. There are very little people who can make money modeling and of those few who do, they can't make good money for long. Showing kid models makes kids think they have a chance at making a living doing that and they will spend less time studying and working hard to get a good education and more time bleaching their teeth dyeing their hair and other unhealthy things to pursue pipe dreams.

3. Showing kids being judged on their appearance can have other negative effects such as children putting too high of a value on superficial things related to their appearance.

"A study recently published in the American Journal of Health and Educationn showed that women who read health and fitness magazines were significantly more likely to have practiced unhealthy weight control methods than were moderate or infrequent readers, says Steven Thomsen, Ph.D., the study's author and an associate communications professor at Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah.
Nearly 80 percent of frequent readers had induced vomiting, 73 percent had taken diet pills and 60 percent had used laxatives. And women who limited their daily caloric intake read health and fitness magazines more frequently than those who did not restrict their diets." http://www.psychologytoday.com...

With that being said, I will post some fun pictures of Honey Boo Boo but those in no way do anything to sexualize children unlike the photoes my opponent posted, since she lost her show and is a little overweight it cerainly won't lead to a loss of self confidence by little girls or to them developing eating disorders such as bulimia or anarexia.

A positive message for girls of all sizes.

Honey Boo Boo speaking out against homophobia

Honey Boo Boo exposing the fact that Elvis did fake his death.

XLAV

Pro

My opponent forfeited round 2 by not posting pictures of a child model, and failed to give out the name, age and height of the given child. Alana Thomson, a.k.a: Honey Boo Boo, (the person in the pictures Wylted posted) is not a child model, she is an actress. [1]

[1] http://www.imdb.com...

Now on to my next model...

---Name: Lake Harrington---
---Age: 9---
---Height: 128cm---

On to Wylted!

http://exposureinc.co...
Wylted

Con

"My opponent forfeited round 2 by not posting pictures of a child model, and failed to give out the name, age and height of the given child."

I intentionally broke the rules of this debate.

According to KBUB:

"the Role of the Ballot is basically how a voter should evaluate a debate. My opponent seems to take for granted that debate is a "game," wherein debaters follow a set of rules and then "win" or "lose," regardless of consequences outside this round."

"If debate is all a game--if debate has no consequences outside of the debate round--then my opponent would be absolutely right that the rules should be followed with no question."

"The people on this debate site, especially my experienced opponent, may become policy-makers or voters, and many already are. This debate site is not a bubble--the way we debate has a real effect on the world. Making that real change is what debate is all about."
http://www.debate.org...

Kbub's right. If what happens in this debate had no effect on the outside world then the debate's rules should be followed, no question. However the voters have a moral obligation to insure that people who initiate debates that could contribute to the real world sexual violence to children, lower self esteem for kids and unrealistic expectations of their future, are deincentivized from doing so in the future.

I urge the judges to please not let my opponent be rewarded for the irreparable harm he is doing to children. Use your vote as a weapon in defense of defenseless kids. Vote Con:

Also it should be noted, that my opponent has dropped all arguments. He has failed to show why his rules should be mindlessly obeyed.

@XLAV, let's end this debate in an honorable way with you apologizing for contributing to content that harms children and forfeiting.
XLAV

Pro

I already won this debate since my opponent forfeited again, intentionally broke the rules, and refuses to participate. My opponent should have talked to me about the rules before he accepted this debate, so when he accepted this debate he should have abide by the rules. My opponent also shouldn't have accepted this debate if he is not going to participate in it. Clear win for me.

This debate is in no way sexualizing the children. I asked the voters to vote whoever gave the best child models, so its up to them on how they will decide which models are better. Not once did I use any inappropriate adjectives to describe the children and in no way is this debate doing any harm to children. In real life, we have models to advertise products and fashion, and child models are never used for anything sexual like bikini calendars and adult magazines. Not everyone wants to be a model, so its vague to say that child models encourage kids "to spend less time studying and working hard to get a good education and more time bleaching their teeth dyeing their hair and other unhealthy things..." and its absurd to say that this debate will cause harm to anyone.

Now to continue this debate. Next up, we have what all the 13 year olds screaming in the comment section asked for...

---Name: Thylane Blondeau---
---Age:13---
---Height:175cm---

She's from France!

Vote Pro!
Wylted

Con

First, I want to point out that just about every argument I made was dropped.

I should win based on this alone. I have several good reasons why my opponent doesn't get to make the rules and Why his rules shouldn't be directed.

"This debate is in no way sexualizing the children."

Whether my opponent's intention was to sexualize children or not this is what happened and this is why he should lose.

Some comments by people observing this debate, clearly indicate children have been sexualized.

In the comments

" It's Thylane :3===="

Clearly Rev was depicting an erect penis, while commenting on a child. Whether he is a child or not (and we have to take his word for it), he has still sexualized a child and XLAV has as well.

Dtaylor has also made a lot of comments professing his love for a child model. Notice that no comments have been posted up to this point about these children's modeling skills, only the erect penis and expressions of love based clearly and only on the physical appearance of a child.

In summary, my opponent dropped almost every single argument I made and has sexualized children. I urge voters to reverse some of this damage and discourage future debates which sexualize children by voting for me.
XLAV

Pro

Its pretty obvious that I already won. I'm going to point out a few things of Wylted's 'arguments'.

" It's Thylane :3===="
This is not a penis. If it was a penis, why is there no head?

Regarding Dtaylor, there is nothing wrong with loving another child, if they are at the same age. There is also no evidence that Dtaylor loves Thylane based only on physical appearance.

In summary, I didn't dropped any argument that my opponent made. I clearly rebutted his arguments last round, even though these arguments don't matter in this debate.

Now for the last model...

---Name: Stella Harrington---

---Age: 12---
---Heigth: 138cm---

Sister of Lake Harrington!

Vote Pro!

http://exposureinc.co...;
Wylted

Con

" It's Thylane :3===="

Stop being a smart alec, it's obvious he just forgot to put the capital D on the end. A little girl whose full name has been provided is being sexualized whether intentional or not (I think intentional).

"Regarding Dtaylor, there is nothing wrong with loving another child, if they are at the same age. There is also no evidence that Dtaylor loves Thylane based only on physical appearance."

It's inappropriate to sexualize and objectify little girls and boys no matter what age you are. These types of beliefs have a way of becoming ingrained and carry over to adulthood.

DROPPED ARGUMENTS

1. Showing kids being judged on their appearance can have other negative effects such as children putting too high of a value on superficial things related to their appearance.

3. "the Role of the Ballot is basically how a voter should evaluate a debate. My opponent seems to take for granted that debate is a "game," wherein debaters follow a set of rules and then "win" or "lose," regardless of consequences outside this round."

Vote Con, don't let pro get away with ignoring my arguments

Posted by XLAV 1 year ago
XLAV
My models are so hawt
Posted by Wylted 1 year ago
Wylted
Thanks for that.
Posted by TheJuniorVarsityNovice 1 year ago
TheJuniorVarsityNovice
one hundred
TheJuniorVarsityNovice
skip a few
TheJuniorVarsityNovice
96th comment
TheJuniorVarsityNovice
95th comment
TheJuniorVarsityNovice
94th comment
TheJuniorVarsityNovice
93rd comment
Vote Placed by Adam_Godzilla 2 years ago
Adam_Godzilla
XLAVWylted
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: Con's argument that these kinds of debates cause more pedophiles to rape is as unjustified and unprovable as the argument that violent video games causes violence. At a time long before technology, there was still rape and there was still violence. These acts cannot be so simply explained as to say people commit these acts out of encouragement from media. Thus I don't buy Con's arguments. Also he did not follow the rules.
Vote Placed by johnlubba 2 years ago
johnlubba
XLAVWylted
Who won the debate:-Vote Checkmark
Reasons for voting decision: Everything Whiteflame said in his/her RFD
Vote Placed by Gabe1e 2 years ago
Gabe1e
XLAVWylted
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: Con broke the rules... what he posted was not the topic at all. You don't just accept to decline the challenge.
Vote Placed by TWG-Rorschach 2 years ago
TWG-Rorschach
XLAVWylted
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: You disobeyed rules in this debate and intentionally misconstrued it. While this is immoral in all aspects pro wins.
Vote Placed by Eli01 2 years ago
Eli01
XLAVWylted
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: I am voting for PRO for a few reasons. 1. The obvious reason is that PRO followed the rules that both he AND CON accepted. CON refused to follow the rules of the debate that he accepted and even gave thanks for in Round 1. 2. I think that the 2nd Model and the last model were both very good. 3. Honey Boo Boo, is an actress, not a model, why was that even on here CON? Nice Job PRO!
Vote Placed by Valar_Dohaeris 2 years ago
Valar_Dohaeris
XLAVWylted
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: The kritik in this debate is invalid. When you are challenging the premise of a debate through a kritik, and then proceed to engage in the debate afterwards ; it negates it. That is basically saying "child porn is bad", then proceeding to go look at child porn. You can't challenge the assumption being made in a debate, then continue doing what you are challenging. All his main impacts were based on not sexualizing children, then he proceeded to sexualize them and effectively dismantle his own points. So on to pictures. I'm pretty positive pro is a pedophile, and con is insane. Pro did have pictures and was consistent with posting them. Since con effectively negated his on kritik, the debates goes to pro
Vote Placed by numberwang 2 years ago
numberwang
XLAVWylted
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: Pro had better models and con agreed to the rules, which he didn't follow, upon accepting the debate.
Vote Placed by whiteflame 2 years ago
whiteflame
XLAVWylted
Who won the debate:-Vote Checkmark
Reasons for voting decision: Given in comments.
Vote Placed by EndarkenedRationalist 2 years ago
EndarkenedRationalist
XLAVWylted
Who won the debate:-Vote Checkmark
Reasons for voting decision: It seems Kritiks just can't win. When Esocial did one in her debate and also participated, everyone disregarded the K. When Wylted ran a K, everyone disregarded it. Just because he didn't engage in the debate structure doesn't mean he loses. That's the whole point of a K. While I'm fairly certain Wylted actually agrees with XLAV and was just playing devil's advocate in running a K, I still found it far more convincing and successful than sexualizing children. Wylted clearly and openly rejected the framework of the debate and pointed out several severe consequences, all of which were dropped by PRO.
Vote Placed by TN05 2 years ago
TN05
XLAVWylted
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: In accepting this debate, Con accepted the rules of it. Because Con assuredly did not follow the rules, while Pro did, and thus Pro is awarded the win. The morality of this debate is irrelevant, unfortunately.