Debatwinnerpro
GeorgeG

Modern Christianity is FKED UP!

GeorgeG

Debatwinnerpro

Pro

first round is acceptance and state what you believe.
i believe the the modern christian beliefs are false.
GeorgeG

Con

I see you believe that "Modern day Christian Beliefs are false."
I would like to question, what makes you say such a bold statement?
In my opinion, I believe that Christianity, modern or not, it the same. The term "Modern" means relating to the present or recent times. In the Bible, it refers to the present time, for example, the saying "The Lord is always with you" which is a saying commonly used among Christians to remind each other that miracles happen everyday. That the Lord makes miracles. Everyday. Therefore I believe the saying "Modern Christian" is nothing more then Christianity at its purest form.
Furthermore, I would like to add on, what are the beliefs of "Modern day Christians?" What makes "Modern day Christians" "Modern?"
Debatwinnerpro

Pro

well, im just going to say. i phrased this debate wrong. i forfeit, im just going to say one thing.not all christianity is the same. Catholics pray to the dead, protestants dont
GeorgeG

Con

That's correct, not all Christianity are the same. I have nothing to argue towards that but the moot of the debate is about why or why not Modern day Christianity is "fked up." Not about the different types of religions born off Christianity.
I accept that you forfeit.
Debatwinnerpro

Pro

yea sorry
GeorgeG

Con

The Instigator, Debatwinnerpro, has decided to forfeit on the second round.
To wrap up this "debate" off, i'll like to give props to Debatwinnerpro for deciding to roll out such a bold and bias debate topic. I thought this debate was gonna be a hard one at first.
Thank you to all the people who viewed and read this debate. I believe that I, GeorgeG (The Contender) has clearly won this debate because of my valid evidence, opinions stated and my good grammar. The Instigator on the other hand, in my opinion had poor grammar, not enough valid statements and no evidence.

Vote > Con.

Stay Blessed.
Posted by Debatwinnerpro 2 months ago
Debatwinnerpro
I did not post any arguments...
Posted by FollowerofChrist1955 2 months ago
FollowerofChrist1955
WHY do athiest believe Christians are to grovel, toward them?
WHY do they believe Christians will not call out their stupidty (having or showing a great lack of intelligence or common sense...not the name calling!)

Because they are used to the unlearned of God ... playing a roll not intended. These go about their way, picking and choosing where to minister without having been sent in of God. This never turns out well. They spread falsified information to a people who know not the Majesty of God.

Better to equip yourself WITH THE WORD ....FIRST, that you may block the flame arrows of Satan! You MUST turn from your personal beliefs of who God IS, and READ the scriptures, old and New Testament WITH THE PURPOSE ... of KNOWING THE GOD! Not this imagined God of your own making!

You must submit yourselfves to the total learning of the Holy Spirit of God .. not the drivel, spewed by Scholars, and theologians, pasters, preachers or teachers. Not that they do not have their place ... but they are to teach the unknown of God ... not the KNOWN of God. God HIMSELF teaches those He KNOWS!

Here: john 6:45 It is written in the Prophets: 'They will all be taught by God.' Everyone who has heard the Father and learned from him comes to me.

AND here:1 John 2:27
And as for you, the anointing you received from Him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But just as His true and genuine anointing teaches you about all things, so remain in Him as you have been taught.

Alas brothers you have turned "NOT" to God but too Men, and in turn .Colossians 2:4 I tell you this so that no one may deceive you by fine-sounding arguments.

Romans 16:18
For such as these are not serving our Lord Christ, but their own appetites. By smooth talk and flattery they deceive the hearts of the naive.
FollowerofChrist1955
InfamousJesse;
As with all Modern Christianity of today ... demonstrations of a total lack of knowledge of WHO Christ actually was is being demonstrated here today. This as mentioned before is a sad state of affairs.

Christians who believe Christ groveled, are in a word, ignorant to the Lion of Judah. This turn the other cheek Jesus, that this child learned in Sunday School, was nothing of the Kind, and if you bothered to ACTUALLY READ the old Testament AND the New Testament you would not BE such a disappointment to the one you profess to serve.

Let us review you error.
Attend me please. let us Actually READ the scriptures?

Romans 12:20
On the contrary: "If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head."

Romans 12:19
19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

We are directed "NOT to return evil with evil. This is "NOT" to demonstrate humbleness, it "IS" to FREE God to strike them with vengence at HIS will. Let us referemce ACTUAL scripture.

Proverbs 24:17
17Do not rejoice when your enemy falls, And do not let your heart be glad when he stumbles; 18 Or the LORD will see it and be displeased, And turn His anger away from him.

It is good that you speak ... that those who in like manner know not the Lord our God, may come to a new level of Christian service.

I recommend also the woe"s of Jesus to the Pharisees , this is where JESUS calls the Pharisees fools, blind men, servants of Satan, pit of vipers ..... Christ was bold, in all speech ... you mistake TIMIDITY, for humility, cowardice of confrontation as humbleness. Again you do not KNOW Jesus, for lack of self study.

Gospels of Luke 11:37-54 and Matthew 23:1-39. READ THESE PLEASE!
Posted by InfamousJesse 2 months ago
InfamousJesse
Yes I concur modern Christianity has no humble folks in it.
FollowerofChrist1955
Brothers;

The point is only ONE!
The Bible IS THE INERRANT WORD OF God, to YOU.
OR
It is 66 books written by 40 diferent Authors and is fallible, requiring MANs interpretations, personal beliefs, hypothesis, conjectures and historians proof, for validity!

If you wonder WHY you fail ... it lies within only these two prospectives alone. This is no mystery. Follow Man and His interpretations .... or Follow the Word OF GOD, without question, personal interpretations, going only to God alone for your answers.

Then you will grow and mature as one .... or choose the other paths and mature into one of ...
The First: Belief versus actual Doctrine?
To date:
HOW MANY CHRISTIAN DENOMINATIONS"WORLDWIDE?
https://theway21stcentury.wordpress.com...

The Center for the Study of Global Christianity at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary estimated 34,000 denominations in 2000, rising to an estimated 43,000 in 2012. These numbers have exploded from 1,600 in the year 1900.

It is interesting to note that the author is attempting to justify, his own beliefs that these numbers are meaningless. Clearly they are not!

Joshua 24:15
But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD."

2 Peter 1
20 Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet"s own interpretation of things. 21 For prophecy never had its origin in the human will, but prophets, though human, spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.

Yes I have heard the preachers say .... but it doesn"t mean we CANNOT interpret Gods Word! IT MEANT .....
43,000 different beliefs.... eh?
FollowerofChrist1955
1 Corinthians 3:3 Brothers and sisters, I could not address you as people who live by the Spirit but as people who are still worldly"mere infants in Christ. 3 You are still worldly. For since there is jealousy and quarreling among you, are you not worldly? Are you not acting like mere humans?

4 For when one says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos," are you not mere human beings? (CARNAL)

Christianity - 2.42 billion
* Catholic Church - 1.285 billion.
* Protestantism - 900 million.
* Eastern Orthodox Church - 270 million.
* Oriental Orthodoxy - 86 million.
* Restorationism and Nontrinitarianism - 35 million.
* Independent Catholicism - 18 million.
* Minor branches - 1 million.

"For when one says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos," are you not mere human beings? "

Scripture that desputes these:
Acts 2:44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common;
Acts 4:32
All the believers were one in heart and mind. No one claimed that any of their possessions was their own, but they shared everything they had.

Jeremiah 32:39
and I will give them one heart and one way, that they may fear Me always, for their own good and for the good of their children after them.

Philippians 1:27
Nevertheless, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ. Then, whether I come and see you or hear about you in my absence, I will know that you stand firm in one spirit, contending side by side for the faith of the gospel,
Posted by Stonehe4rt 2 months ago
Stonehe4rt
Hm, Modern Christianity Beliefs most definitely needs to be defined. As for whether or not Constantine changed the Bible, which I doubt because the whole threat of having your name taken out of the book of life (basically being sentenced to hell) for such a thing would be quite scary. I personally believe the Bible is as intended, just many people have different perspectives on it.

However if you insist that the Bible is wrong, well know that the Word of God is inscribed on every person's heart. This would have to be the case regardless as Christianity applies to everyone, from way into the past, till now.
FollowerofChrist1955
1 Corinthians 3 defines the labors of those types who in faithfulness water, or plant, as well as those who shall be saved alone .... recieving neither crowns nor right to share inheritance as Sons.

Here: John 1:
"11He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him. 12But to all who did receive Him, to those who believed in His name, ******* He gave the right to become children of God ******* " 13children born not of blood, **nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man,** but born of God."

Note the ****right to BECOME ..... not right to BE Children of God!*****

How can one BECOME ..... Here: Revelation 3:21
21To the one who is victorious, I will grant the right to sit with Me on My throne, just as I overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.

How does one overcome? Here:Luke 9:23, Mark 8:34,Matthew 16:24
Then Jesus told His disciples, "If anyone would come after Me, ****he must deny himself ***** and take up his cross and follow Me.

Luke 14:27
And whoever does not carry his cross and follow Me cannot be My disciple.

Only Disciples CAN BE children of God, Priests and Kings. These have DIED TO THEMSELVES, taking the beliefs of Christ alone, forsaking their own thoughts, wants, desires, rights!

1 Corinthians 3:14 If what has been built survives, the builder will receive a reward. ( not children of God, recieve only SOME reward.)
1 Corinthians 3 :15 If it is burned up, the builder will suffer loss but yet will be saved"even though only as one escaping through the flames. (Clearly not children of God ... are only saved!

1 Corinthians 3:3 Brothers and sisters, I could not address you as people who live by the Spirit but as people who are still worldly"mere infants in Christ. 3 You are still worldly. For since there is jealousy and quarreling among you, are you not worldly? Are you not acting like mere humans? 4 For when one says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos," are you not mere human beings? (CARNAL)
Posted by Debatwinnerpro 2 months ago
Debatwinnerpro
I believe it is, since a long time ago emperor Constantine changed the bible, at took out many books. we dont even know what the truth is, because we dont have access to all of it.
Posted by SperoXVII 2 months ago
SperoXVII
i don't know why that posted twice.... lol
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 2 months ago
dsjpk5
DebatwinnerproGeorgeGTied
Reasons for voting decision: Concession.