anonymous_9123
frankfurter50

Modern Day feminism: Good or bad?

anonymous_9123

Con

Modern day feminism is a cancer in our society! Back when women had minimal rights feminists were respectable equality loving women! Now they are fat pigs who hate men. They no longer want equality, they want to be superior! Its disgusting and a disgrace to the women who wanted true equality in the 1800s!!!
frankfurter50

Pro

Women are wonderful and they should be superior if they want to be superior. They sure haven't gained complete equality yet. In The Middle East, they have to wear masks and garbage like that. They should be able to do anything. Men are fat pigs, except for men who like feminism.
anonymous_9123

Con

I like how you respond with information that doesn't involve modern day american feminism. Anyway, Your response was filled with sexism instead of facts and your approach on involving other countries was very vague. Overall not what I expected from someone that usually writes detailed paragraphs on why i'm wrong. Plus, the idea that women should be able to chose whether they are superior or not is rude and takes away from what feminism really is!
frankfurter50

Pro

You didn't give me enough to write any detailed paragraphs. My detailed paragraphs are normally derived from rebuttals of what my opponent states in the previous argument. Now that you've given me a few sentences, I can write a little more. I hope you enjoy this- but you instantly lost respect the moment you started referring to feminists as pigs.

Every society, from the beginning of civilization- from the Greeks to the Romans to the Chinese- have been patriarchal and unfair to females who wish to own land, or attain status, or do things that men can do. They've finally started to do so, and if they can attain equality, then more power to them. My response is not sexist- it is anti-sexist. My approach on approaching other countries, I think, was quite clever. I can cite Chinese foot binding, one of the worst forms of torture ever performed by arguably sane human beings, which only ended once foreign influence came to China. Here's an article about it:

https://www.smithsonianmag.com...

The Mongols gained popularity in China, particularly among the women, because they were not as patriarchal or sexist. That's why the Mongols were able to overthrow the Chinese and have their own dynasty. Women were allowed to do much more under the foreign Mongol rule. They could even join Genghis's army. Because he was an awesome guy, and not a jerk to women, by the time of his death, Genghis owned most of Asia, more land than any other man in history.

https://en.wikipedia.org...

I'll let you go off that for now.
anonymous_9123

Con

Well I have some respect for your response just because you cited extra sources/details. SO, you response WAS sexist calling men pigs without reason?! I gave reason for calling most modern-day feminists pigs therefore my statement was fair and reasonable. Your original response on other countries was not clever and not detailed. Also, no one cares if you know about Asian torture techniques. Women should be equal but shouldn't be "more important" half of your statement was reasonable and the other half was just off topic trash.
frankfurter50

Pro

I did not cite extra sources or details. my sources and my details are directly related to your argument, sir. Chinese women took a long, long time to build up the courage to demand that men take their foot binds off. It is not an "Asian torture technique"- Because it was accepted for a long time, as recently as the time of Mark Twain. It was not considered torture, it was considered a beauty technique, as normal as putting on false eyelashes. It involved excruciating pain, though, and the twisting of feet to an extreme point. It does not matter if it happened in Asia or Siberia, sir. Sexism is the same the world over, and feminists reside in all 200 or so countries.

Women should be considered superior if they want to be. They've been put under decades of hard unpaid labor from men, they deserve respect and kindness. They carry dishes all over, wash clothes, and so on. If they want to get their own jobs as successful CEOs or big Wall Street entrepreneurs, then let 'em. There ought to be a woman in the white house, I think. Hillary should have won, and she should write more stuff about how much she hates Trump and how he's a coward and a misogynist and a possible rapist. That would be nice- a sequel to "What Happened," maybe. I can't wait for that.

Anyway, it might be crude of me to call men against feminism pigs, but it's just as crude for YOU to call feminists pigs. That's crude. Heck, you won't listen to reason, you're a brain drained canary- so I'm outta here. Bye, everyone. Vote how you like.
Posted by frankfurter50 3 months ago
frankfurter50
Spot ON.
Posted by breaktherules 3 months ago
breaktherules
You are right when you say that when women had minimal rights, feminists had more reasons to fight for their rights and equality. But women and society now still need feminism as well, and feminists have to fight for equality and their rights because yes, we have accomplished a lot, but we need to reach a lot of goals left. So maybe feminist is not the same as it was before, but surely it has the same importance.
Posted by frankfurter50 5 months ago
frankfurter50
It was not considered torture to THEM, but would be considered torture by modern standards.
Posted by frankfurter50 5 months ago
frankfurter50
Yes.
Posted by anonymous_9123 5 months ago
anonymous_9123
He said foot binding wasn't torture in his last response but in his second he said this, " one of the worst forms of torture ever performed by arguably sane human beings" That is a direct quote btw