ChadIrvin
CosmoJarvis

Modern Feminism (Third-Wave Feminism) Destroys Men and Their Families

ChadIrvin

ChadIrvin

Pro

I (pro) will be arguing that modern feminism destroys men and their families and doing so creates negative family relationships and an unnecessary strain on our economy.

Con will argue against this idea. If con accepts the debate, he/she must not forfeit or will automatically lose the debate.

The definition of modern (or 3rd wave) feminism taken from Wikipedia ...

https://en.wikipedia.org...

Third-wave feminism refers to several diverse strains of feminist activity and study, whose exact boundaries in the history of feminism are a subject of debate, but are generally marked as beginning in the early 1990s and continuing to the present. It is referred to as an "individual movement", because part of the purpose is to redefine what it is to be a feminist.

Pro and con will use this definition of modern feminism and third-wave feminism for their arguments.

Rules for this debate are as follows ...

R1) Acceptance Only
R2) Opening Arguments (No Rebuttles)
R3) Rebuttles to R2 and New Arguments
R4) Rebuttles to R3 (No New Arguments)
R5) Closing Arguments
CosmoJarvis

Con

I am eager to debate against my opponent, seeing as he, admittedly, is a well-dictioned, mature debater.
I anticipate debating with you.

My arguments will consist mainly of how Modern Feminism has benefitted society through acts such as donations, peaceful protests that advocated women's rights for areas such as the Middle East, etc. I will be sure to back my claims with valid sources.

I ask that my opponent does not use pictures of feminists with short hair, candy red hair dye, screaming at a crowd calling for the extermination of all men to back up his claims...

Good luck, and may the odds be ever in your favor...
ChadIrvin

Pro

I'd like to start off by thanking my opponent for accepting this debate. Good luck to you, sir.

My opening argument is simple. I will pose a few questions about modern feminism. What is modern feminism? How does it effect us and does it effect us in a negative way? Does modern feminism effect men and their families in a negative way?

I'll start by answering the question, what is modern feminism? According to Wikipedia, it is an individual movement that is continuously up for debate. It started in the early 1990's and therefore is considered "modern."

According to other sources, modern feminism is a movement by mostly powerful women who want to put to rest the notion that women are not just, or should not be, confined to Motherhood and being subservient to their husbands and children. Modern feminism can be traced back to the 1960's when feminism got a "kick in the pants" and started moving forward quickly. http://www.ushistory.org...

Modern feminism is described in many instances that women are not only equal to men, but are stronger in many ways and can do much more than men. Their goals are not to be equal members of society, but to make men a lesser sex, or make themselves more powerful than men. https://www.britannica.com...

How does modern feminism effect us and does it effect us in a negative way? I will propose that it indeed does effect us in a negative way, not just men, but also women and their families.

When one sex starts believing they're better than the opposite sex, there's a problem. I believe both sexes are equal in some things, while both sexes are stronger in some other things. Women are stronger emotionally and in multi-tasking, which allows them to do things closer to family than the majority of men. Men are stronger in the workforce and leadership. Don't get me wrong, there are some exception to these rules, but for the most part, these rules apply.

When one sex tries to change the other into something they are not (goes against the natural order of nature), everything is destroyed, including the natural family. Men are generally natural leaders and women are generally better in keeping the family together and working properly, thus staying home and raising children in a less stressful environment. Studies have shown this to be quite true and shows that both sexes, when straying from the natural order, can cause trauma within the family and in many cases, caos. Basically, there are definitely differences between the sexes and trying to change that can have negative consequences.

https://www.psychologytoday.com...

Feminism began in its early stages in the mid-1800's, but feminism continuously changed and still changes today. With the first wave and second wave feminists really taking a hold in the 1960's. Feminism started off as a means to end women's lesser roles in the political spectrum; not being allowed to vote, etc. I DO NOT have any problem with feminism when referring to the past goals of these groups. The argument I am presenting is, does modern or third-wave feminism negatively effect men and their families?

In the following rounds,I will argue that modern feminism does indeed destroy men and their families and are not healthy to society overall. Modern feminism is like a cancer to society. A healthy family cannot practice and live in modern feminist households. I will prove this in the following rounds.

I will end my opening argument by wishing my opponent good luck and let's have a great debate!
CosmoJarvis

Con

Outline:
I: Introduction

II: The Background of Feminism
III: Current Problems Women Face Today
IV: Objectives and Effects of the Modern Feminist Movement

I. Introduction

The modern feminist movement: some people see it as a great activist movement fighting for justice and equality, whilst others may see the movement as being no more than a brood of crazy over-privileged women prancing around and causing stirrups for their campaign to eliminate all men from the face of this planet.

My opponent argues that this movement is no more than a counteractive movement that does no more than destroy families, increase prejudice between the sexes, directly attack motherhood, and promote the mentality that women are better than men and deserve more rights because of so.

By no means will I brush off these allegations towards the activist movement by saying that this is
complete and utter boondoggle, but by no means is this relevant to the movement and the majority of its activists. There are, and always will be, people with radical beliefs that stray from the original goal of any movement. For example, many Donald Trump supporters simply supported Trump's strong opinions on foreign policy, and favored the taxes. Some even wanted to vote for him solely because they hated Clinton so much. However, the Klu Klux Klan greatly endorsed Trump. They were a small part of Trump's supporters, but by your logic, does a small part of Trump's radical supporters make the majority of his supporters as racist white supremacists?

II: The Background of Feminism

The Feminist Movement started as the "Women's Suffrage Movement" in 1848. As you can tell by the name, the movement's primary objective was for women in the United States to gain a voice in politics by giving them the right to vote. In 1920, as declared by the 19th amendment, women were given the right to vote. After the women were given suffrage, however, the movement died out and failed to make any further changes to increase women's civil rights.

It was not until the 1940s that women were given more opportunities. After the United States entered WWII, men had to leave their jobs to join the warfront. Women had to take the vacant manufacturing jobs. They were an essential part of the war effort, supplying the American military with weapons, munitions, etc. The 1940s were a large turning point for feminism, giving women more of a voice, and proving to society that women are capable of taking the roles that were believed to be only for men (S1). From that point forward, the feminist movement grew.

III: Current Problems Women Face Today

By no means will I argue that women are being denied their basic rights, nor will I bash anyone in by declaring that modern-day sexism is even close to how bad it was in the early 1900s, however, that does not mean that women don't face any sort of sexism that requires action to protect them.

Even though, in the United States, we live in a progressive society where women are given almost all the opportunities men are given and are protected legally as much as men, women still face prejudice, and they have every right to assemble and protest against it.

One such problem that women face is the wage gap. According to the Institute for Women's Policy Research, "in 2015, female full-time workers made only 80 cents for every dollar earned by men, a gender wage gap of 20 percent," (S2). Imagine that you are a hard-working construction worker making about 30,000 USD. Then, imagine that your malicious boss decides to lower your annual wage by 20%. You would lose 6,000 USD from your yearly salary. A large part of the feminist movement is actively fighting to close the wage gap, and rightly so.

Women also battle domestic violence and sexual assault. An article by "The Shriver Report" claims that one in five women has been sexually assaulted in college. It also has recorded over 270,000 instances of sexual assault worldwide on average annually.

Admittedly, my third reason is fairly graphic, but I find that it is necessary to add: human trafficking is very real, and women are the biggest victim of it, though males are also the victims of sex trafficking. Sex trafficking is the exploitation of women and children for sex work It is estimated that human trafficking is a 32 billion dollar annual industry worldwide (S3).

IV: Effects of the Modern Feminist Movement

Pro argues that the Modern Feminist Movement has been nothing more than a movement which has ruined men and their families. However, the Modern Feminist Movement's objectives and accomplishments say differently.

Modern-day feminism strives to close the wage gap, strike down sexual assault against women, and advocate for women's rights in the Middle-East.

Third Wave Feminism has, through the news, protests, public speeches, and social media, informed people of problems that women face (as I mentioned above). Informing people is the first step to change and smite down wrong stereotypes.
As they say, "knowledge is power." For instance, organizations such as the Feminist Majority Foundation have taken the opportunity to inform people about sexual and domestic assault by defining what it is and by helping victims by providing them with instructions on how to end it, also including the U.S. Department of Education's Office of Civil Rights phone number to seek out further help in these situations. Additionally, within around fifty years, feminists have closed the wage gap from a woman's 59 cents for a man's dollar to 80 cents for a man's dollar, and it will continue do close as the movement grows stronger (S4).

Feminists still continue to strive to close the wage gap, protect women against prejudice and sexual assault, and fight for women in the Middle East. Janet Mock, a popular feminist, hopes that for the new year, "that feminist, racial justice, reproductive rights and LGBT movements build a coalition that centers on the lives of women who lead intersectional lives and too often fall in between the cracks of these narrow mission statements," (S5).

V: Sources

S1) http://feminism.eserver.org...
S2) http://www.iwpr.org...
S3) http://shriverreport.org...;
S4) http://everydayfeminism.com...;
S5) https://www.washingtonpost.com...;
ChadIrvin

Pro

"By no means will I argue that women are being denied their basic rights, nor will I bash anyone in by declaring that modern-day sexism is even close to how bad it was in the early 1900s, however, that does not mean that women don't face any sort of sexism that requires action to protect them."

Let's take a closer look at this argument. There is a big misconception about the issues women face versus what men face. Are women in general more likely to face rape, sexism and sexual harrassment in their lifetime than men? I would say absolutely not. When you factor in prison statistics men are at a greater risk of rape and sexual harassment than women.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk...;

"Even though, in the United States, we live in a progressive society where women are given almost all the opportunities men are given and are protected legally as much as men, women still face prejudice, and they have every right to assemble and protest against it."

I won't deny women that women have the right to assemble and protest the sexual harassment and mistreatment of their sex. If they truly cared about women and their plight they would not focus on petty things such as "manspreading" and "manslpaining." How about fighting against the abuse of women in the middle east? Women in Islamic controlled countries have no rights whatsoever. They are treated as dogs, or as lesser than dogs. If they truly cared about women's issues and their mistreatment, they would begin where it is needed most.

Just like the "BLM" crowd, the focus isn't on the most needed and most urgent of needs. "BLM" focuses on "important" issues such as making sure police officers are shot to death for apprehending a black criminal or even more shocking, shooting at an unarmed black suspect. While those could be real issues for the black community, they continue to ignore even greater issues like black-on-black crime in the inner city. They continue to forget about the fatherless black children and their drug addicted mothers who "raise" them poorly. They continue to act as if these black lives don't matter and that pointing out racism where it almost never exists matters more. Third-Wave feminism is practically the same. They focus on issues they have with men rather than the real issues that happen in densly populated Islamic countries where women are treated as sub-human. If women's lives truly mattered they wouldn't focus on men who just happen to glance at their exposed breasts while walkingpast them in the grocery store.

"One such problem that women face is the wage gap. According to the Institute for Women's Policy Research, "in 2015, female full-time workers made only 80 cents for every dollar earned by men, a gender wage gap of 20 percent," (S2). Imagine that you are a hard-working construction worker making about 30,000 USD. Then, imagine that your malicious boss decides to lower your annual wage by 20%. You would lose 6,000 USD from your yearly salary. A large part of the feminist movement is actively fighting to close the wage gap, and rightly so."

Let's talk about the so-called "wage gap." I find it quite interesting that there is no mention as to why this even supposedly exists. Let's break down the numbers, shall we?

If the "wage gap" really existed as these feminists claim it does, why are companies not just hiring women? Or at the least, why are they not hiring a majority of women over men? If companies pay women approximately 75-78 cents for every dollar men make, why are companies not hiring mostly women? Shouldn't they be wanting to save money?

Here is the real reason women are making less money than men. Women do not make less money than men for doing the same job. They make exactly the same as men doing the same job. Women are not working the same jobs as men; that's the real issue. Construction jobs, coal mining, deep sea fishing, etc, etc ... these are the jobs that men are doing that women are not. These are very dangerous jobs that pay more than retail and baking and being an accountant. Women just flat out refuse to work the dangerous jobs, yet want to be paid like men for not doing them.

http://www.forbes.com...

So with this in mind, why do we need feminism for these things? The "wage gap" does not exist and women are not working the dangerous, more riguous jobs that men are working.

" Women also battle domestic violence and sexual assault. An article by "The Shriver Report" claims that one in five women has been sexually assaulted in college. It also has recorded over 270,000 instances of sexual assault worldwide on average annually."

So do men. In fact, if you count sexual assault and rape in prison, men are more likely to be a victim than women. And I believe that just because many of these assaults happen to men in prison, doesn't make them less real and less important. Sexual assault and rape is the same accross the board. Why is it more important for women to have someone fighting for them than it is for men? And as I have stated previously, the Third-Wave feminist movement isn't really too concerned about real issues involving women like Islamic rape culture against women, but more interested in "boobie staring" and degrading men for being men, such as "manspreading" and "mansplaining." Oh my, men sitting on the bus like a man ... sounds very horrific.

I will agree with my opponent that human sex trafficing is a sad and very real problem. The problem with Third-Wave feminism, however, is their focus is not on women being sold as sex slaves and definitely not on men being sold. If they were focused on these issues, "manspreading" wouldn't be an issue at all. Fake concern shouldn't exist at all. Man hate is their primary focus and it truly shows in their behavior.

"Modern-day feminism strives to close the wage gap, strike down sexual assault against women, and advocate for women's rights in the Middle-East."

This is just not true, as I have already explained previously. There is very little mention from the Third-Wave about the attrocities happening toward women in the middle east. And the "wage gap" does not exist.

When women believe that men are not equal to women (being the lesser sex than men), they dehumanize men. When they fight against "issues" like "manspreading" and "mansplaining" and ignore real issues like Islamic rape and the treating of women like dogs, they undermine their so-called public agenda. They claim to fight for equality of the sexes, but their actions tell us they want to dominate men and destroy the traditional family of man and woman with children. They want us to believe that feminism isn't just about fighting for women's rights, but to also change the family structure.

Feminists forcing their crackdown on manspreading.

https://www.youtube.com...

And a lighter look at mansplaining. Because, you know, it's such a huge issue for modern feminists.

https://www.youtube.com...

CosmoJarvis

Con

"There is a big misconception about the issues women face versus what men face. Are women in general more likely to face rape, sexism and sexual harrassment in their lifetime than men? I would say absolutely not."
Though I do not deny that men also face a great deal of sexual harassment that should not be taken as a joke, multiple sources including http://hrlibrary.umn.edu... claim that more women have faced sexual harassment. In a study with around 270 respondents, more than 50% of them had received sexual harassment in their workplace. Of the respondents, 79% of the victims were women, and 21% were men (S1).

"If they truly cared about women and their plight they would not focus on petty things such as "manspreading" and "manslpaining." How about fighting against the abuse of women in the middle east?"
As I have explained, a large part of the feminist movement has set its sights on protecting and extending the rights of women in the Middle East. In fact, there are some sects of feminist groups that fight specifically for the rights of Middle Eastern women such as Musawah. Musawah is a movement led by Islamic women (with over 250 members) that is advocating women's rights from within Islam (S2).

"Here is the real reason women are making less money than men. Women do not make less money than men for doing the same job. They make exactly the same as men doing the same job. Women are not working the same jobs as men; that's the real issue. Construction jobs, coal mining, deep sea fishing, etc, etc ... these are the jobs that men are doing that women are not."
Your primary claim towards refuting why "the wage gap doesn't exist" is that women are either working in different jobs than
men, and going further to say that the wage gap is nonexistent. Furthermore, you lack any evidence that proves this, and thus readers and myself are supposed to go by only your word.
Some people may argue that men are more adept and stronger than women, and thus they deserve more money for the occupation they're in that require physical abilities such as construction. However, the wage gap is not only applicable to these types of jobs, but also in things that rely primarily on intelligence and diction such as lawyers and desk jobs. As I have provided in my previous argument, the wage gap is very real, and many trustworthy sources can confirm such. They include but are not limited to Forbes (S3), the Huffington Post (S4), and the Washington Post (S5).

1) http://www.aware.org.sg...
2) https://www.thenation.com...
3) http://www.forbes.com...;
4) https://www.google.com...
5) https://www.google.com...
ChadIrvin

Pro

Feminism in its original structure was not a bad thing, as I have stated already. In fact, feminism as a whole was not something that should have been taken lightly. Original feminists fought for women's rights; the right to vote just as men were was a major driving force behind feminism.

What happened along the way? Generation after generation of women continued the fight for equal rights. Somewhere along the line it began to be more about petty arguments and general "man-hating" and less about equal rights. Third wave feminists began hating men and wanted to change how society viewed them, instead of continuing to work for equality.

Many third wave feminists are overweight, ugly, and their attitudes suck. Seems harsh? Maybe. But check out these self proclaimed third wave feminists ranting about everything from white male privilege to manspreading to men getting their "pronouns" wrong ... how rude! They're all over Facebook and YouTube. Calling names to anyone who disagrees with their morbid way of thinking.

Third wave feminism is a bogus movement intended to help women and completely ignore men. Third wave feminists will tell you that their movement is for gender equality when this is just not true. They have no intention in addressing men's issues.

https://www.youtube.com...

If third wave feminists truly cared for equality, they would fight for equality, not just for women's issues. As the video link above states men have just as many (if not more in some cases) issues as women and yet feminists turn a blind eye towards it. Equality does not exist, but it isn't just women being affected by it. Men, in many cases, have it tougher than women. Something the video also mentions. Rapes in prison, death on the job, etc. These are issues that feminists who are for "equality" continue to ignore.

Let's look at the word "equality."

e·qual·i·ty
əG2;kwälədē/
noun
  1. the state of being equal, especially in status, rights, and opportunities.
    "an organization aiming to promote racial equality"
    synonyms: fairness, equal rights, equal opportunities, equity
As you can see, equality is being equal with each other. Something third wave feminists don't truly fight for. They always demand that women get the same things as men, but when it comes to men getting the same things as women, they fall silent every time. That is not true equality between the sexes. That is women being afforded more opportunities than men.

Affirmative action is also tied into third wave feminism. As the video states, women have an easier time getting into college than men, especially white men. Somehow, these third wavers have made it possible for women to be labelled as a minority and so make it easier for them, along with blacks, Mexicans and Asians, to be accepted into college easier than men. How is this equality? When did getting into college based on your skin color or sex be the deciding factor? That isn't equality.

CosmoJarvis

Con

With all due respect, resulting from the fault of my own, I failed to recognize an important feminist movement emerging from the Middle East. Pro's argument clearly is an opinionated one strictly on America, claiming for the majority of modern feminsts to be"overweight, ugly, and their attitudes suck," and that they persist on with their movements only to strike down men. However, he does not discuss feminist movements elsewhere.

With that being said, I would like to introduce a feminist movement which I briefly included in my previous argument, the Musawah.

As I said before, the Musawah are a group of Middle-Eastern movement across many countries in northeastern Africa and the Middle-East which advocate for women's rights in Islam. It started in 2009, gaining 250 members across 50 countries (S1). The movement still persists to this day. Through websites and articles, such as their official website, http://www.musawah.org..., the Musawah inform the public of their cause, spreading the word on their campaign and persuading others with their words (S2). They have appeared before large audiences, even attending rallies as far as London. Their campaign persists in redefining sexism in Islam and redefine the roles of women everywhere.

"Not as it’s practiced in most places now. But the mood at Musawah is optimistic. At the United Nations, Musawah’s Anwar reminded the Commission on the Status of Women that Muslim women don’t need to choose between Islam and equal rights; while 4:34 is invoked by sexists, there are many more passages calling for justice, and a sound Quranic tradition saying that all humans are equal as God’s creations. In London, Anwar asked the crowd of Muslim women a fundamental question: 'If we are equal before the eyes of God, why not before the eyes of men? (S3)”

S1) http://www.islamandfeminism.org...
S2) http://www.musawah.org...

S3) http://time.com...;
ChadIrvin

Pro

I would first off like to take the time to apologize to my opponent. I set a few rules for each round and I realized that in round 4 I did not follow the rules exactly how I posted them. In round 4 the rule I set stated that it was for round 3 rebuttals with with no new arguments, and I clearly used that round for new arguments only. I will acknowledge my mistake to my opponent and to those who vote on the debate.

I will now make my closing arguments ...

It is said by self proclaimed feminists they fight for equality among both sexes. Third wave feminists tell a whole other story. They don't fight for equality, they fight for women's power over men. Third wave feminists generally want to be stronger than men and will do whatever they can to make it so, even if it goes against science and biology. Science (or nature ... whichever way you look at it) tells us that men and women are both different. In many cases, we are vastly different. While women may be more tolerant to pain, they tend to be much more emotional and therefore not as efficient in scenarios where emotion would typically get in the way of the end goal. Things like front line combat. Men generally have less problems dealing with killing a woman who is wanting to blow up an entire unit that could kill dozens of soldiers, while women would typically get a lot more emotional over it and could compromise the mission and have more casualties in the long run.

Women are far more capable of handling children and can multi-task far better than men, which is why they are better suited for taking care of the home and the children, while the men go off to provide for them and to protect them in dangerous situations. This is science. This is biology. Something third wavers like to conveniently ignore to further their agenda.

Feminism started off with good intentions. They fought for legitimate women's issues that actually mattered to them and even the rest of society. They fought for women's right to vote. They fought overall male oppression of women, even though they suffered while doing so. However, sometime during the 60's and 70's, feminism began taking a more ominous tone. And it wasn't until sometime in the early 90's that third wave feminism began taking a foothold. They stopped fighting for equality and began fighting to make men a lesser sex than women. And this was obvious in everything from society to television to movies.

My opponent sites the Musawah as a feminist group who fights for equality between men and women and claims it is a third wave feminist group. However, this is untrue. Musawah is not a third wave feminist group. If you can even call this group a feminist group, I'm not so sure on that. It seems, as I read their front pages, more to be a human rights group that focuses primarily on the Muslim community in the middle east and other areas. I suppose you can lump it into the feminist category, however definitely not the third wave group.

Third wave feminism does destroy men (turning men into women) by brainwashing our young boys into thinking that their natural biology is wrong. You see this in schools all over the country (U.S.) and they are confused. They are taught that if you act like a boy, you will be punished. You cannot have a healthy society by getting rid of, or favoring, one sex over the other. It will destroy that sex and destroy their families by putting them into a situation that is unnatural.

To finish, I have no problem with how feminism began. I do have a problem with what it has become. Please take into consideration the differences between first and second wave feminists to third wave feminists while you vote on this debate.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

https://www.youtube.com...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk...

CosmoJarvis

Con

*Drops Mic*
Posted by whiteflame 6 months ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: august55433// Mod action: Removed<

7 points to Pro. Reasons for voting decision: I agree

[*Reason for removal*] Not an RFD. The voter is required to provide some reason, based on the arguments given in the debate, for voting. Personal agreement does not meet that requirement.
************************************************************************
Posted by CosmoJarvis 7 months ago
CosmoJarvis
This kind of talk is the one that inhibits people from recognizing the true goals and achievements of feminism. Now, there are a lot of fat and ugly people that call themselves feminists, I will not lie, but there are feminists who have noble goals. The Musawah, a modern feminist group (even though my opponent reclassifies it as a "human rights group," even though its objective is to empower women and give them more freedoms in Islamic society), is a group with pure goals. It wants to end the deep-rooted sexism that lasted for centuries, treating women like objects, and sometimes even sexual tools. They want to give women certain freedoms which women in America freely exercise such as being protected by legally by the laws which protect men, and are not treated unfairly in the criminal justice system, and to hold jobs such as government office. To declare that all feminists are fat, ugly women, or to evade my points about the Musawah by claiming it's not a feminist group, is nothing less than utter boondoggle.
Posted by ChadIrvin 7 months ago
ChadIrvin
@Stupidape

Are you asking this because I mentioned that many third wave feminists are fat and ugly?

I honestly don't know why this seems to be an issue with these feminists. Perhaps this is why they hate men so much. Maybe it's because men don't generally pay attention to overweight, unattractive women with 'tudes. Many of them look like angry men. Now I'm just making blanket statements about third wave feminists, but you go onto YouTube and search out their angry rant videos and you'll understand why I say this. I think they're angry at men for many reasons.
Posted by CosmoJarvis 7 months ago
CosmoJarvis
That is indeed a great question, but I do not believe there aren't any sorts of information or any research done which can come to a definite conclusion on whether feminism has or has not led to any additional consumption of unhealthy foods.
Posted by Stupidape 7 months ago
Stupidape
Do you think feminism has lead to additional consumption of fast food and junk food?
Posted by ChadIrvin 7 months ago
ChadIrvin
@Lanceiv
I began touching on this subject in round 4. It's some very eye opening stuff. Over the past year I have really been diving into the subject of modern feminism (or third wave feminism).
Posted by Lanceiv 7 months ago
Lanceiv
@ChadIrvin
Check out this source: http://www.realsexism.com...
Posted by ChadIrvin 7 months ago
ChadIrvin
@lacov
Not all feminism. Modern or Third-Wave feminism is the argument. And I am speaking about all societies, but generally civilized societies is the main focus.
Posted by CosmoJarvis 7 months ago
CosmoJarvis
I will not deny the fact that there are some nutters who really do think that the world would be a better place without men, but I would like my arguments to focus around Modern Feminism's goals and what its accomplished so far.
Posted by SimplyJoshmala 7 months ago
SimplyJoshmala
@CosmoJarvis in Round 1

I think that all examples of the effects of modern feminism should be included, especially the radicalization of regular peopleinto screaming irrationals, considering that they would be people who would take useless majors in "Gender Studies", ones that would never pay off their student loans.
Vote Placed by xxmanguyxx 7 months ago
xxmanguyxx
ChadIrvinCosmoJarvisTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con spent time relating modern 3rd wave feminism to original women's suffrage movements, but, as described for the debate, 3rd wave did not surface until about the 1990s. Pro destroyed Cons points concerning the wage gap, showing that women do not work many of the dangerous and high paying jobs that men do by choice. Freedom of choice is a big factor for any talk concerning something people have free will involved in the decision making. For instance, we all know many women also choose to stay home and take care of their children traditionally. When freedom of choice is involved, strictly going by numbers may be misleading, as Pro showed. Pro also makes good points about policy there to create equality, actually benefiting certain groups more than other groups, an imbalance, the opposite of equality. Con brings up one isolated grp of feminists from the middle east to dodge discussing mansplaining, as if they were representative of the whole of 3rd wave movement, which is not true.