BoggleBros37
BenJWasson

Modern Feminism is dead

BenJWasson

BoggleBros37

Pro

Round 1 - Acceptance
Round 2 - Opening Argument
Round 3 to 5 - Rebuttal

Modern Feminism is dead, now it's just females who tell males how to live their lives.
BenJWasson

Con

I accept this debate, and look forward to debating the topic provided. Good luck!
BoggleBros37

Pro

Feminism is he belief that women are and should be treated as potential intellectual equals and social equals to men, however, there are feminists out there who use "the power of feminism" to try and make women more superior than men. Modern Feminists are women who love to ban harmless words and tell men how to live their life, and that doesn't sound like equality to me. Feminists are the type of females who love to go around assaulting men knowing that if a man was to get her back he'd be sent straight to the big house.

If you find pages that support feminism on social media, you'd see posts with hateful/negative posts towards men. Modern Feminism is stupid and shouldn't exist because they aren't really doing anything to equal rights with men, if they were, they'd be helping out women in Saudi Arabia who are actually being oppressed but no, they're still living a free life trying to force men how to live their lives, if anything men are being oppressed now days.

Feminists are known to start stupid trends such as, #BanFathersday, #KillAllMen, The Slut Walk, and the most disgusting of all, #FreeThePits. There was also a time where feminists made a video with little girls making them curse about stupid things. Feminism is pathetic and it should be stopped.

https://twitter.com...
https://twitter.com...
https://feministfreq.com...
BenJWasson

Con

Before I start my speech, let me just say a definition that will hold a major part in this debate - dead. See, the Merriam-Webster Dictionary says that dead means "no longer having interest, relevance, or significance". This basically means that the resolution is saying that modern feminism doesn't have an impact on our world anymore. Therefore, if I can find even one example of modern feminism being "alive" (impacting the world in some way), I win this debate. Also, keep in mind that this does not mean that feminism has to be doing good. Even if feminism is bad for us, it is still considered "alive".

So now I am going to refute what my opponent has said in their speech. In my opponent's speech, they talk about the negative effects of feminism on society, pointing out the hateful posts, the stupid trends, etc. However, this only proves my point. Feminism is "alive", feminists are doing things (whether or not they are good) that have an impact on the world, meaning that feminism is not dead. I would actually like to point out one specific thing my opponent said - "modern feminism is stupid and shouldn't exist". Even my opponent says that modern feminism exists and is having an impact on the world, as he is saying that it shouldn't exist (implying that it does now).

So, I am not going to make a case for this debate. Pro has burden of proof, meaning all I have to do is properly refute what my opponent has said to win. I thank my opponent for their case. Good luck!
BoggleBros37

Pro

BoggleBros37 forfeited this round.
BenJWasson

Con

My opponent has forfeited, extend all of my arguments. I hope my opponent doesn't forfeit the next speech.
BoggleBros37

Pro

When i say that Modern Feminism is dead, i mean that there's no actual "feminists" who stand up for equal rights. The only feminists we get today is radical feminists (aka Feminazis). Feminism has no significance or use in the modern day society. radical feminists is different from Feminists. Radical feminists want women to be more powerful than men, and feminists actually want to help women oppressed in other countries and fight for gender equality. But you don't really see feminism now days, because it's dead
BenJWasson

Con

Thank you for responding, I will refute what you have said in two ways.

1: You offer no source for your definition, and you never said in your first speech, meaning that my definition of dead was the first one, as well as the only one with an actual source. This means that my definition beats yours.

2: Even still, with the definition of "dead" being essentially none, all I have to do is prov that there was 1 legitimate act of feminism recently (so, let's say in the past 6 months). With that in mind, let's look at the "One Billion Rising Revolution". In the past four years, this organization has helped feminism in huge ways. In 2016, "activists in 200 countries rose up to demand an end to violence against women and girls as part of the global One Billion Rising movement. Using dance as a form of protest – events, rallies, flash mobs, artistic uprisings, panel discussions, and concerts took place in locations where women felt safe or deserve to feel safe, in community with other activists or alone, with people of all abilities, demanding justice and systematic changes, or reclaiming their bodies, their lands or their narratives."

This quote was taken straight from their website, where they describe what they are doing this year. Here is the specific link:
http://www.onebillionrising.org...;

So now I have proven that there is at least 1 actual feminist movement. This means that even real feminism is not "dead". I win even on your definition. Vote Con.
BoggleBros37

Pro

BoggleBros37 forfeited this round.
BenJWasson

Con

I have proven his arguments wrong, my arguments still stand. I have clearly shown why modern feminism is not dead. Vote Con!
Posted by BenJWasson 8 months ago
BenJWasson
Wayward, vote or not, thanks for sharing your opinion.
Posted by TheWaywardWriter 8 months ago
TheWaywardWriter
I am unable to vote as this account is relatively new, but if I could, I'd vote for Con. He/she had better arguments and Pro did not define his/her terms enough. Radical feminism is very much alive because it's one of the most heated topics in social media and does have a great (although it is negative) impact on our world. BUT I do agree with how Pro said that feminism is now useless as all women have been granted equal rights. Feminism is the opposite of equality. They say they promote equality but they cause divisiveness and division between the two genders. Feminism is tearing the world apart. Isn't equality for all people?
Posted by BenJWasson 8 months ago
BenJWasson
Dsjpk5, why didn't you provide any reason for decision?
Posted by BenJWasson 8 months ago
BenJWasson
Sounds good!
Posted by debatesRfun 8 months ago
debatesRfun
This debate looks interesting and I shall be following along the whole way to see both veiws
Vote Placed by Mysery 8 months ago
Mysery
BoggleBros37BenJWassonTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro forfeited two rounds, so conduct goes to Con. Both sides had punctuational errors, but Con's were minor and barely noticeable. Pro made basic mistakes, such as starting a sentence with a lower case letter. Pro may have won for argument had he returned, but as he did not, he failed to refute the valid points Con presented in the final round.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 8 months ago
dsjpk5
BoggleBros37BenJWassonTied