Max.Wallace
PimpinMunky

Modern conveyences create mor pollution under the guise of greenness.

Max.Wallace
Started: 11/21/2014 Category: Cars

Max.Wallace

Pro

Driving your new Audi has contributed far more destruction to the planet then preserving an old ford. It was built once and has stood the economical test of time, but your ride is new and has demanded more pollution and fuel to create then the old steed.
PimpinMunky

Con

Lets start with the construction of the vehicle because that is where the majority of the pollution is released. The vehicles are made of metal. This metal has to be refined and strengthened. Every step through the refining process releases mass amounts of toxins. Once the vehicle is on the road, if it has the original exhaust, the old steed will be pumping out exponentially more green house gases.
Newer refining methods and the EPA being born, have eliminated a lot of the pollution from refining. All newer vehicles, not just Audi, which happens to be owned by Ford Motor Company, will have newer exhaust systems designed and engineered to remove more pollutants. Cars technology is more advanced today, they are built by robots that are more accurate, faster, and contribute less pollution. Vehicles are so much lighter than before, this allows them to be made with less metal. This means less fuel to propel the vehicle and of course less harmful exhaust. All together less polluting.
Max.Wallace

Pro

Apparently you did not understand my position as your argument mirrors my own.

The supposed green folks wish to destroy your old jalopy and replace it with a new shiny slave, the slave being you, that is completely unable to feed your own horse.

Thanks for taking this, as no ideologue idiot of progression would dare.
PimpinMunky

Con

PimpinMunky forfeited this round.
Max.Wallace

Pro

What the eff? Did you learn something, and then decide to quit?
PimpinMunky

Con

Your argument is modern vehicles cause more pollution than before. Which is flat out incorrect. Then you try and say I have been agreeing with you? Where is your rebuttle arguement? Where is any of the facts to support the blah you spout?.
Posted by Max.Wallace 1 year ago
Max.Wallace
We're on the same page.
Posted by PimpinMunky 2 years ago
PimpinMunky
Considering it is a new technology that does not have a track record yet. The data is not verifiable, I am sure the articles are for all sides of the spectrum. A prius is supposed to be more fuel efficienct, using less fuel than average vehicles. Although taking into consideration the development of the batteries, they may cause more harmful pollutants in the long term than the short term effects of what gets past the catalytic converter.
Posted by Max.Wallace 2 years ago
Max.Wallace
We are equals then, I have a 97 F150 I have driven for the last 6 years a total of 26k miles. and a 94 Saab 9000, non turbo for the last 4 years, 12k miles, and multiple 2 wheeled death defying cycles of mayhem at total of 4k miles the last 5 years.

A new Prius driven 12k / year the last 5 years has polluted the planet much further. Go do the math.
Posted by PimpinMunky 2 years ago
PimpinMunky
Oh and I drive a 1996 Suburban. fuel burning beast baby... lol
Posted by PimpinMunky 2 years ago
PimpinMunky
Actually my friend I own SMS Construction. Legally known as SMS Innovations LLC.
Look me up, not to hard to find me. I am not hiding, do you research before you spout crap. You sound like a crack head.
Posted by Max.Wallace 2 years ago
Max.Wallace
What do you drive that is so much lighter then a Yugo or a Justy? A small Audi weighs as much as a bulldozer.
Posted by Max.Wallace 2 years ago
Max.Wallace
If I was on your side of the little green man fence of environmental paranoia, I would be proud of what you writ, but I am not. You are most likely incapable of fixing anything, but totally capable of using your credit card to buy yourself a shiny new conveyence like a green hipster.
Posted by PimpinMunky 2 years ago
PimpinMunky
I want to say you are a FR, just face it but out of diplomacy I will be courgle. People are repairing old abandoned clunkers everyday. Since the boom of the autobody industry in the 1960s people have been taking pride in restoring old cars. I know something about this, I can honestly say your vehicle is not going to be legal on most US city streets without passing emission standards. That is a fact. So even those old small cramped POS have to be upgraded to todays accepted level of polluting our atmosphere.

If you really want to not see earth as a giant fish bowl go ahead. But you are delusional, and need to buy a fish. Forget to buy a filter and see what happens to the water and how fast he dies. We are the fish bub.
Posted by Max.Wallace 2 years ago
Max.Wallace
Nobody dug anything out of the ground in the last 40 years to ride in this, climate change fools.
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
Max.WallacePimpinMunkyTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture