alesalvia
gannon260

Modern feminism is beneficial to America, and does not cause harm.

gannon260

alesalvia

Con

I am going to be arguing that the title of this debate is NOT true. My opponent will attempt to give an argument as to why modern, 3rd-wave feminism is beneficial to America, and does not cause any harm.

First Round: Acceptance
Second Round: Opening argument
Third Round: Rebuttals
Fourth Round: Further argument/rebuttal
Fifth Round: Closing

The only rules are to keep this civil and without personal insult (e.g. ad hominem)
I wish you the best of luck, opponent!
gannon260

Pro

I am a Male Modern feminist and i would love to debate this topic, i accept.

my only concerns for this debate is that con does not use radicals as examples of the harmful feminists.

here are the list of topics i define as third wave feminism:

-anti-rape culture
-abortion rights
-sexual harrassment against women
-other societal issues

and we should define "harm" as immoral or unjust effects.
alesalvia

Con

alesalvia forfeited this round.
gannon260

Pro

Modern feminism is good, it is currently fighting for better woman salaries, they only earn around 74 cents on the dollar of a man. Why does the pay gap exist? Women don't negotiate their salaries as well as men. Why is that? Since we percieve women as weak and we discourage them from climbing the corporate ladder etc. We should make women feel as strong as men and empower them. The other day, i asked my female class why she didn't participate in class, and she responded saying "im not that strong of a person like boys." This infuriated me because i know that modern feminism is fighting against this social perception.

I support abortion rights for females, they have every right to do what they want and they should continue to be able to do that.

i support the fact that modern feminism is fighting against rape. We should educate college students on rape and how to avoid/prevent it. We need to teach dudes that it's totally not okay, and women that you should probably not get super drunk and go to a party where there are drunk men. We need to teach America that it is not okay to percieve women as merely pieces of meat for their pleasure. Many of my male friends believe this and i tell them that they're more then just "@u%%ies" but humans as well. They believe me but still continue to partially objectify them for beings of their own pleasure. When someone doesn't "get the @u%%y" he's seen as inferior. Modern feminism fights against this by ending the objectification of women. Our society sometimes sees women as something that men compete for and that if you can't compete for it, your a loser of some kind since you can't "get the @u$$y."

I support the fact that feminism has always fought against domestic violence and has sought to end it. Implementing support centers, care hotlines, and altering our perceptions, feminism has done good and modern feminism seeks to build off and support the previous generations

Modern Feminism in effect is trying to stop harm. Harm can be in the form of domestic violence where typically an abusive male may endanger his wife, but also vice versa. Harm can come in the form of social pressures to objectify and use women for objects of gratification. Harm can also come in the form of taking away liberty(abortion). Harm also includes the salary gap that women fail to attain and therefore is unjust.
alesalvia

Con

alesalvia forfeited this round.
gannon260

Pro

Aww i spent time on that :(
alesalvia

Con

alesalvia forfeited this round.
alesalvia

Con

alesalvia forfeited this round.
gannon260

Pro

I'm just a kid who's four,
Each day I grow some more!
I like exploring, I'm Caillou

So many things to do,
Each day there's something new
I'll share them with you
I'm Caillou

My world is turning, changing each day!
With mommy and daddy and finding my way-

Growing up is not so tough
Except when I've had enough
But there's lots of fun stuff
I'm Caillou, Caillou, Caillou...
(And me, and me, and me!)
Read more at http://www.lyrics.com...
http://www.lyrics.com...
Posted by gannon260 2 years ago
gannon260
why in the hell are there 5 rounds?
Posted by Forthelulz 2 years ago
Forthelulz
Feminism appears to focus more on ad hominium attacks more than focusing on the underlying problems. An example would be their blasting of Ched Evans. The feminists focus on him as the root of all evil in the world, rather than going to ask that the justice system help out rape victims.
Matt
Another thing would be that they try to get into places where guys go to hang around guys. An example would be any all-male institution ever. When guys were admitted to Hood College, the women became violently hostile. So there is a double standard in play as well.
In short, witch hunts and double standards.
Posted by Beginner 2 years ago
Beginner
PRO's BoP is MASSIVE. The first condition might be feasible, but that latter: CON shows 1 case of harm and GG.
Posted by Dusty118 2 years ago
Dusty118
Just as Wylted said, this should be very interesting.
Posted by Wylted 2 years ago
Wylted
Should be interesting
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
alesalviagannon260Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture
Vote Placed by Zarroette 2 years ago
Zarroette
alesalviagannon260Tied
Reasons for voting decision: ff