nobleislandbag
What50

Modern feminism is cancer.

What50 has forfeited round #2.

nobleislandbag

Pro

Apologies to thebestdebater.org for forfeiting the previous debate. The time limit was shorter than I thought. However, this debate is open to anybody.

Modern feminism is cancerous to today's society.
What50

Con

I accept this debate in the name of The Brotherhood. I contend that Modern Feminism is NOT cancerous to society.
nobleislandbag

Pro

For the sake of separation of rounds I request that you refrain from addressing any of my arguments in this round (2). This round is solely for building up your arguments.

Before I begin, I'd like to define what I mean by modern feminism. Modern feminism refers to the third and fourth wave feminist movements. I'm not trash talking the first feminists who actually strove to achieve equal constitutional rights for men and women, but now it has turned into something else. Every feminist you see on the news or media these days seem hell-bent on "destroying the patriarchy". They blame all the problems they have on men. They say the wage gap that exists is because men are discriminating against women, when they completely ignore that the entire wage gap is the result of individual women's choices. They say women are discouraged from going into STEM fields, when females are even more encouraged than men to pursue these careers.

The modern feminist movements try to portray women as victims of society that need special treatment over men. These feminists advocate "equality of the sexes" but when mens' issues are brought up, they disregard them.

Also, men and women aren't the same. Feminists sometimes say, "Why are men so afraid to show their feelings?" or "Why do men try so hard to be masculine?" (Try the Buzzfeed video "26 questions women have for men") These feminists try to make men less masculine for the sake of "gender equality" but then go after the masculine guys (because that's how nature works).

Obviously this round was a little rushed (sorry for the late response), but I'll have a lot more to say in the upcoming rounds.

Posted by Johann_Christian_Bach 1 month ago
Johann_Christian_Bach
@nobleislandbag Some type of cult I assume lol
Posted by Free_Human_Being 2 months ago
Free_Human_Being
Feminism is cancer.

Replace the word men with black or jew on literally ANY feminist website. If the resulting text seems a little racist to you... Voila, you just discovered that feminism is to rational thought what malignant cells are to a healthy host.
Posted by What50 2 months ago
What50
We are a group that believes everyone is entitled to free speech, no matter how controversial their opinions are they are always welcomed in The Brotherhood.
Posted by nobleislandbag 2 months ago
nobleislandbag
Just curious, what is the Brotherhood?