tvellalott
jordancallahan

Modern games are superior to Classic Games

tvellalott

Pro

INTRODUCTION

Hello DDO and welcome to yet another example of how I only debate subjects with little to no academic value!

YES, todays topic will be "Modern Games are superior to Classic Games" and is a result of this thread:
http://www.debate.org...

DEFINITIONS

"MODERN GAMES" will be defined as games existing within the current generation of consoles (PS3, XBOX360, Wii, ect) as well as PC games released in the past 5 years.

"CLASSIC GAMES" will be defined as games that have been released during or prior to the Super Nintendo/Sega Genesis generation. PC Games must be released during or prior to 1994 (the year the Playstation was released) to qualify as classic under this definition.

"SUPERIOR" will be defined subjectively by the voter, based on the arguments presented by either debater.

If you wish to tinker with the definitions, please say so in the comments before accepting. Allowing just one more generation of consoles to fall within the "Classic" definition will make this debate unwinnable for me (at least if I was debating myself), so Playstation/N64 games will definitely not be allowed.

RULES

-No overt semantics (that means no trolling me by redefining "superior" to "older" or such shiznit. If I have made some awful error, you may exploit it (but I try to make very thorough first rounds to avoid this).

-Round one will be only for definitions and acceptance. No arguments will be made until round two.

-Forfeits will count only against a debaters conduct, unless arguments are dropped as a result of said forfeit. Equal numbers of forfeits should be treated as equally bad conduct.

-Debaters share the burden of proof. My opponent may not simply rebutt my arguments and expect to win. He must show that Classic Games are superior just as I must show Modern Games are superior.
jordancallahan

Con

i will argue the opposition that classic games are in fact better than games today.... lets do this
tvellalott

Pro

tvellalott forfeited this round.
jordancallahan

Con

jordancallahan forfeited this round.
tvellalott

Pro

tvellalott forfeited this round.
jordancallahan

Con

jordancallahan forfeited this round.
tvellalott

Pro

Forfeit on account of having no time to write it.
jordancallahan

Con

jordancallahan forfeited this round.
tvellalott

Pro

"I'll make this debate and write it later, there's plenty of time...

Aaaaaaaaand, it's gone."

jordancallahan

Con

jordancallahan forfeited this round.
Posted by jordancallahan 4 years ago
jordancallahan
I'll do it tommorow lol I'm to tired
Posted by tvellalott 4 years ago
tvellalott
Ah, crap. I'm hopeless at deadlines.
Posted by Agent_Orange 4 years ago
Agent_Orange
I was supposed to do this with CP. He got scared though
Posted by Zaradi 4 years ago
Zaradi
That awkward moment where I thought TV's avatar was a thumbs up bent at a funny angle. But no, it's a cat, laughing at my failure.

Anyway, I don't know what you guys are complaining about. This is, actually, a pretty fair resolution. There are good arguments for both sides, and good ground for both sides. It's ultimately going to come down to what attributes make a game superior, but I won't give any arguments for either side.
Posted by Cody_Franklin 4 years ago
Cody_Franklin
"'SUPERIOR' will be defined subjectively by the voter, based on the arguments presented by either debater."

Trust me, I can work with that.
Posted by bossyburrito 4 years ago
bossyburrito
Honestly, I don't remember a lot of the games from the 80's lol.
Posted by tvellalott 4 years ago
tvellalott
bossy; when this debate is over will you do the same debate with me except I'll go Con and you can go Pro?
Posted by bossyburrito 4 years ago
bossyburrito
@TV You are missing the fact that the tech was very limited, so you would outright win on some points.
Posted by tvellalott 4 years ago
tvellalott
whyt3nn3rdy:
Get a grip. I'm allowed ONE generation of consoles or around 5 years of games compared to almost the entire history of games... How is that 'limiting'?

Where are my old school gamers at?

@Cody: Would that have worked? I thought by defining what I meant by superior, I would avoid such tish-tosh.
Posted by whyt3nn3rdy 4 years ago
whyt3nn3rdy
You limit the Classic side WAY too much. I would take this if not for that fact.