Money in football is becoming rediculous

BR6HD has forfeited round #2.
Started: 8/24/2016 Category: Sports
Updated: 1 month ago Status: Debating Period

In my opinion, money in football is beyond a joke. How Raheem Sterling costs more than someone like Alan Shearer is beyond me. There are too many foreign owners coming into it and plowing billions into clubs to spend on overrated players. Its ruining the beautiful game.

I accept the debate. It is a very long time since I did a sports debate, so hopefully it will prove interesting.

The Burden of Proof will be on Pro in this debate. Pro needs to show that money in football is ridiculous. I will first rebut my opponent's opening arguments.

My opponent says that football is beyond a joke. My opponent says that it is a beautiful game, but it is beyond a joke. That means it is a joke. Football is not a joke, many people like it, and think of it very importantly.

My opponent says that that there are many owners who are plowing billions into overrated players in football. First of all, my opponent doesn't say why the money is too much, and ridiculous. They have a reason for putting in that much money, such as they think that football is very important and fun, not everyone thinks that it is ridiculous in the money. My opponent's argument is a bare assertion, opinion, and I showed it is false, and rebutted, therefore vote for Con.

I will now pass the debate to Pro. Please vote for Con!!! Thank you.

Posted by Peepette 1 month ago
It's not a game at this level, it's a business. As with all business products and services it is a matter of what the market will bear. Tickets to see a NFL football game are $185 for nosebleed seats in my area. The stadium is most always sold out. It's not a family outing activity that it was 40 years ago. It's about extracting maximum dollars from fans. Up until last year the NFL was considered a tax exempt entity.