sanchitsharma
Vito1964

Money matters, matters don't.

sanchitsharma

sanchitsharma

Con

"Don"t think that money does everything or you are going to end up doing everything for money." Very rightly said by the renowned and illustrious writer, historian and philosopher Voltaire, also considered as the father of the French Revolution.
With these sagacious words, I shall begin my argument against the motion : Money matters, matters don't.
There will be 4 rounds in all and each debater has 72 hours to post an argument. The maximum word limit of an argument is 10,000 characters. There will be a 1 week long voting period with an open voting style.
In the first round, my opponent will simply accept the debate. In the second, we will present our main arguments. In the third round, we will continue to argue alongside refuting each other's claims. Finally, in the 4th round, we shall conclude our arguments and rebuttals.
I look forward to an informative debate! May the better debater win!
Vito1964

Pro

I accept the debate. Thank you for the opportunity.
sanchitsharma

Con

Firstly, I would like to point out to my worthy opponent that in this debate , I do not mean to say that money does not matter at all, so he should not deem that I am completely against money. I simply believe that there are things far more important than money in today's world which should not be ignored in the malice of getting more and more money.
These days it has become quite a prevalent practice of people spending money on things they don"t require just in order to look grand in society. People have developed notions like "Money is everything" and that society judges people according to how much money they have. These beliefs are detrimental to the interests of society.
We live in a civilized society where values and morals must have precedence over monetary gains.You must have heard of the horrific incident which took place in Pennsylvania, in the U.S., where a teenage boy wielding two kitchen knives went on a stabbing spree at his high school, injuring several students. There have been many incidents of this kind in different parts of the world which thus, highlight the importance of inculcating moral principles and ethics in children. These values and morals cannot be bought by money. These have to be provided by the family.
Vito1964

Pro

Vito1964 forfeited this round.
sanchitsharma

Con

My worthy opponents silence clearly manifests that his opinions accord well to what I claim in this debate. Nevertheless, I would like to continue my argument.
We cannot turn a blind eye to the numerous disputes that money causes within families because of greed and cupidity. Almost every day there are cases of sons murdering their fathers or other relatives just for the sake of acquiring their property and money. Evidently, these usurpers give more importance to money than family and forget the unconditional love that they were provided with.
Also, money cannot get you the friends that you actually want in life. Those friends are just people who develop a facade of being concerned for you but are actually fair-weather friends, merely attracted to your money and the fun and attention it brings, nothing else.
Benjamin Franklin also said, "Money has never made man happy, nor will it. There is nothing in its nature to produce happiness. The more of it one has the more one wants."
Vito1964

Pro

Vito1964 forfeited this round.
sanchitsharma

Con

Since my opponent has not expressed his views on the motion, I am in no position to rebut his claims.
I would like to conclude by saying:
Money can buy a house but not home
Money can buy a book but not knowledge
Money can buy a clock but not time
Money can buy position but not respect

Thank You
Vito1964

Pro

Vito1964 forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by Zarroette 3 years ago
Zarroette
sanchitsharmaVito1964Tied
Reasons for voting decision: You write really well, Con. Too bad I couldn't say the thing about Pro.