environomist
ConservativeAmerican

Mongolian Empire was the strongest state in the world history.

ConservativeAmerican

environomist

Pro

I argue that the strongest state in the world history was Mongolian Empire which was called "Mongol Ulus".
ConservativeAmerican

Con

I accept this debate and thank the Instigator for his proposal.

A few warnings:

- I am allowed to mention specific empires that could be superior to the Mongolian Empire, and give info on them about why they were superior.

- Since my opponent did not directly identify what strength was, he forefits the right to let me pinpoint what it is:

- Military Strength (Size, tech and skill)
- Economy (GDP)
- Resources
- Political Climate
- Significant of conquered nations
- Geographical significance
- How long the empire lasted
- Population of homeland and conquered areas
- Regional Influence
- Global Influence
- Research&Development in non-military tech
- Reach of Empire (in KM/Miles)
- Stability (was the empire under the constant threat of domination by another empire/nation)

He can add his own factors, but can not say mine are not legitimate, since he did not post his factors.

Since my opponent is the instigator, I will give him the first opportunity to argue his point.

Best of luck!
environomist

Pro

environomist forfeited this round.
ConservativeAmerican

Con

I will argue only one point while my opponent is idle. If he does not reply, I will extend my arguments all the way through to the last round.

1. Land

The mongols did not conquer more land than the Brits, the Brits obliterated the Mongols in land mass. The Mongol Empire at it's height covered 9,300,000 sq mi of land, or 24,000,000 km. The British empire, on the other hand, covered 13,012,000 sq mi of land, or 33,700,000 KM. This is quite a big difference in land.

2. Population

The British Empire reigned over 458,000,000 at their height, the Mongols only reigned over 110,000,000. The Brits therefore reigned over 4 times more people than the Mongols.

3. GDP/Wealth

The Mongol empire is not even listed on the top 15 empires in GDP, Britain is though, and is ranked at #1 with a GDP of $918.7 Billion.

4. How Long Did the Empire Last?

The Mongol Empire only lasted a mere 162 years (1206-1368). The British Empire, on the other hand, is technically still existent today with the 14 overseas territories, their first annexation was of scotland in 1708, so this means they have technically existed for 304 years. If you want to be realistic, they really officially ceded to have major territories after they gave control of Hong Kong to China in 1997. So either 289 years, or 304 years, either one is more than 120 years than the Mongol empire.

5. Military Might

The Mongol Military, even with their 110,000,000 subjects, only had a 105,000 person military, this means only roughly 0.01% of their population was part of the military. The british empire at it's height reached 3.5 million people, or 0.08% of their population.

Links:

environomist

Pro

environomist forfeited this round.
ConservativeAmerican

Con

I extend my round two arguments, since my opponent has failed to respond to them, or respond at all.
environomist

Pro

environomist forfeited this round.
ConservativeAmerican

Con

My argument is extended once again, because my opponent has not yet posted.
environomist

Pro

environomist forfeited this round.
ConservativeAmerican

Con

Due to the fact that my adversary has not yet made an argument, I suspect that the votes will be in my favor.

Vote Con please.
Vote Placed by lannan13 4 years ago
lannan13
environomistConservativeAmericanTied
Vote Placed by teddy2013 4 years ago
teddy2013
environomistConservativeAmericanTied
Reasons for voting decision: This is a no brainer, Pro laid out his thought and then disappeared. Con presented some guidelines, arguments, and sources. I also give conduct to Con, since it is rude to dissapear, I give grammar to Con, saw no errors, and since Pro only used 18 words.